NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vendor Fraud Keeps Going on

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aligator with 7 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 4 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aligator with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,707 views
    2. thumb_up 36 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 29 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Vendor Fraud Keeps Going on

Lampert 
Calgary, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB, IQFeed
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 142

kulu View Post
What makes you think he stole your code? Again, this is just three EMAs and anyone that can code can probably code this indicator. I am sorry but I don't understand what you are complaining about. Are you saying you were the first one to code this indicator? C'mon now. I am sure you might also say Rancho "stole" IRT .

I agree with you kulu. If you draw an analogy with the three criteria for a valid patent application (novel, useful, nonobvious), variations of this indicator fail two of the three criteria.

And if TMFT thinks that I have a hidden motive in defending Rancho Dinero, I do not. I actually thought it was something like the Chicken Ranch in Nevada.

Len

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,353

Fat Tails View Post
@ThatManFromTexas: What I do not know, does TX stand for text or for Texas?

I will collect some rare mutations of the SuperTrend, add some colors and a bit of noise and then send it to the patent office and register it at Fat Tail's Swinging Oscillator.

For your info, I have never advanced the CFG Momentum Oscillator to the downloads, not because I am afraid of the patent, but because I do not want to annoy anybody. If you need it, the formula is public and easy to apply.

Chart attached under Copyright.

@Fat Tails

Don't worry about annoying people with a posting... I do it all the time...

This is the Traders Dynamic Index ... Is this a variation ... Think I'll name it Texas Dynamic Index ...

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

ThatManFromTexas View Post
@Fat Tails

Don't worry about annoying people with a posting... I do it all the time...

This is the Traders Dynamic Index ... Is this a variation ... Think I'll name it Texas Dynamic Index ...

The Trader's Dynamic Index and the CFG Momentum Oscillator are somewhat similar. After I had discovered the similarities, I decided to use the same colors for both of them. Glad you noticed it.

Both are robust no-nonsense oscillators. The credit goes to Welles Wilder who developed the RSI. He did not file for a patent, so he lives in peace, as he does not need to fear that anybody violates the patent.

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,353

Lampert View Post
I agree with you kulu. If you draw an analogy with the three criteria for a valid patent application (novel, useful, nonobvious), variations of this indicator fail two of the three criteria.

And if TMFT thinks that I have a hidden motive in defending Rancho Dinero, I do not. I actually thought it was something like the Chicken Ranch in Nevada.

Len

@Lampert

The Chicken Ranch was in Texas before it was closed. The Bunny Ranch and the Mustang Ranch are in Nevada ...

I have no agenda to imply anyone has an agenda ... hidden or otherwise. Besides... thinking is NOT my long suit seriously...ask anyone...

You do realize that in Texas we have a deep admiration for people who defend their beliefs ... you heard of the Alamo...right...

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:
 NW27 
Newcastle, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts 8 - Full Version
Broker: IB
Trading: SPI,FTSE100, 6E, 6A
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 188

cory View Post
freshly made, trend ribbon from TMFT

TMFT stole my idea for this indicator ;-)

Neil

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,992

Fat Tails View Post
@aligator: Honestly, I would not bother about 3 EMAs with a few paintbars. This can be coded by everybody in five minutes and is a child's play.

I had a look at the indicator at the website of Rancho Dinero. It is not a copy of your indicator, he has properly serialized the colors, which proves that it is his own indicator.

He did not steal your idea, he did not copy your code, so what do you complain about?

By the way I have bought a book by Raghee Horner a few years ago. It is one of the worst books on trading that I have ever read. I stopped after 30 pages for good.

@Fat Tails,

It was not my idea (and for sure it was not originally Raghee's idea either) and I said that, but I wrote the code when there were no NT7 versions and made it available as open code, you sure have done many of them.

A five-minute child's play, true. Also, a child's play to add color serialization to an open code, hell we do that all the time here. But, we don't make it into a dll file and package it as a bonus for selling other stuff.

@Lampert,

If you have not been on this board long enough and seen enough, then you might have motive for defending whoever they are.

Also, give credit to TMFT since Chicken Ranch was in Texas, he can defend himself without relaying on Wikipedia. In Nevada we have Cotton Tail, Shady Lady, (used to have Mustang Ranch) and many more, but they all have health cards and pay their taxes when they charge for anything.

Cheer!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

aligator View Post
@Fat Tails,

It was not my idea (and for sure it was not originally Raghee's idea either) and I said that, but I wrote the code when there were no NT7 versions and made it available as open code, you sure have done many of them.

A five-minute child's play, true. Also, a child's play to add color serialization to an open code, hell we do that all the time here. But, we don't make it into a dll file and package it as a bonus for selling other stuff.

@aligator: Thanks for responding. I absolutely agree with you here.

I would not call the vendors a fraud, but they are catering to unsupecting newbies and fools, selling overpriced indicators which can be easily found for free elsewhere. We are the ones who do the work for free, so we are inclined to cry foul, if somebody else collects money for selling the same indicators. Feels like we are paying taxes (working) and others are free riding using the public services.

But on the other hand, if I have made a piece of code public, it is public, so in fact everybody can use or modify it. If some fools are paying somebody else for the same stuff, that is not my business. There will always be fools and there will always be crooks to take advantage of the fools.

Also take into account that the fools want to be entertained, in the end they are getting their entertainment and the money may be well spent as it has served its purpose.

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I'm not getting involved here....

Not because I stole any indicators....

But because I live in Bangkok and it'll take me 3 hours to list all the whorehouses....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,992

DionysusToast View Post
I'm not getting involved here....

Not because I stole any indicators....

But because I live in Bangkok and it'll take me 3 hours to list all the whorehouses....

You are now...

They are just business centers and what they sell is all open source

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 schnellmann 
Anhorage, AK

Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Thought I remembered this from a while ago. So I searched and found.

Why no cries of fraud and moral outrage when one of the "elite" programmers takes from a vendor?

From the download link below:

Quoting 
Idea taken from RanchoDinero.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 11, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts