NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Psychology and How The Mind Works (III)

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one George with 7 posts (138 thanks)
    2. looks_two Grantx with 4 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 geronimo72 with 3 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Shivaya with 2 posts (32 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 37 thanks per post
    2. looks_two George with 19.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Shivaya with 16 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Grantx with 7.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,812 views
    2. thumb_up 487 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 65 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Psychology and How The Mind Works (III)

mbondiett 
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 49

Trailer Guy View Post
If anyone wants to do some work on themselves and become a system treader with an edge there is a guide available for under $5.00. Van Tharp the very well documented trading coach is offering the paperback version of his newer book, "Trading Beyond the Matrix" for the cost of shipping (hunt around on his web site). Of course he is hopeful you will sign up for a seminar but he says you have no further obligation.

The first part of the book is a current re-cap of his prior writings on developing a system that fits you, what reasonable metrics are and some system comparison tools (noticeably missing in some parts of this web site that focuses on bell and whistle indicators).

If anybody thinks they can be successful with someone else's canned system I urge you to read the first couple of chapters of Curtis Faiths book on the famous Turtle Traders, or watch some of the seminars Big Mike so graciously arranges for us.

Most of the book is devoted to exercises and meditation methods to help you develop a state of mindfulness. Big parts of it are written by other traders describing how they managed to change their thinking (spoiler alert it isn't by doing a weekend retreat and coming home a different person). Maybe Tharp and his methods aren't for you. But I do think that you should consider that he is offering an organized, step by step method to move in the direction of this thread. He says he has included everything that is in his seminars. He has been doing this for a long time and is careful to include typical responses and objections from people attending his seminars that I found very helpful. For example in meditations where the practitioners appeal to a higher power what do you do if you don't believe in a higher power?

I have found that books that have been around for quite a while can be found in PDF format for free download.

Try searching for popular titles and with some patience you will find what you are looking for. Only download from sites that don't required you to register etc. to avoid getting a lifetime of spam afterwards.

<<< Link Deleted because it is a violation here on Futuresio AND because the link no longer contained the full document>>>
Thank you xplorer for helping me along the path as newbies frequently do.

But, you can find many books like Trading in the Zone and The Disciplined Trader for free download also if you are diligent.

=====

Also, in reference to Curtis Faith and his book "Way of the Turtle". He is a complete fraud.

https://www.turtletrader.com/curtis-faith-performance/

I could waste a lot of everyone's bandwidth expounding on stories about my search for someone to teach me or where I could learn to trade. I have spent decades in the search but now finally on the right path.

My New Year's Resolution is to become an active commenter on Futuresio and not just a learker.

Trade Well My Friends,
Mark

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,508
Thanks Received: 15,428

@mbondiett

I am not going to delete your message because the content for the link you provided actually just offers the book index, but bear in mind that trading books are generally copyrighted content and so either uploading them onto FIO or providing a link can always be construed as copyright breach.

Thanked by:
 mbondiett 
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 49

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Thanked by:

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

xplorer View Post
@mbondiett

I am not going to delete your message because the content for the link you provided actually just offers the book index, but bear in mind that trading books are generally copyrighted content and so either uploading them onto FIO or providing a link can always be construed as copyright breach.

we cant link books, or do you just mean we cant link pdf ripped off books?

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,508
Thanks Received: 15,428

MiniP View Post
we cant link books, or do you just mean we cant link pdf ripped off books?

-P

As long as the book is copyrighted (most books are), no link should be posted on FIO to pirated copies of such books.

Thanked by:
arun28887
kozhikode,kerala,india

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

The best way to come out of fear is to do paper trading.It will help us analyse were we are making mistakes ,which we can rectify and advance in our trading journey.Hope its a practical solution .

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 12, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts