NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 21 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 13 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 9 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 7 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kulu with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 5.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,401 views
    2. thumb_up 203 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Rayzor 
Coloado

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: AMP, OEC, CQG
Trading: NQ

I used Troy's stuff for about 3 months, Market Profile is just not my bag. I did not sign up for the three months based on ANY strategy offeres, rather I did it because I was interested in checking out MP and Rancho Dinero's stuff works w/ Ninja Trader. I found the support to be outstanding and the product performed flawlessly when I had it. If I was into MP (which I just don't get it) I would probobly still be using it.

Granted, some vendors are not the greatest, but Troy and Rancho Dinero are OK in my book. If you are an MP type of person I think they have a lot to offer; Market Delta is another great MP tool, but it does not work w/ Ninja and is considerably more expensive.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Sunil P 
los angeles

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Trading: cl

I just thanked everyone and moved along.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 SpyderTrader 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Esignal
Trading: ES, NQ, Crude
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 223

VinceVirgil View Post

There are 2 kinds of individuals that frequent forums.

Hey buddy, you forgot to mention the third kind.

The ones that are vendors in disguise, or friends of vendors, jumping on every forum under the sun pretending to be "satisfied" customers.

Around 5% move the market. 10% try to follow the 5%. The rest provide liquidity.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

Rayzor View Post
I used Troy's stuff for about 3 months, Market Profile is just not my bag. I did not sign up for the three months based on ANY strategy offeres, rather I did it because I was interested in checking out MP and Rancho Dinero's stuff works w/ Ninja Trader. I found the support to be outstanding and the product performed flawlessly when I had it. If I was into MP (which I just don't get it) I would probobly still be using it.

Granted, some vendors are not the greatest, but Troy and Rancho Dinero are OK in my book. If you are an MP type of person I think they have a lot to offer; Market Delta is another great MP tool, but it does not work w/ Ninja and is considerably more expensive.

Certainly, Market Profile isn't for everyone. Then again, everyone needs to find their own method. Whatever works is the rule, because in the final analysis, the goal is profitability over the long term.

The biggest reason for me using Rancho Dinero is because I attempted to use the various Market Profile tools from Elite Downloads on futures.io (formerly BMT), and while many are using them to great success, I am not a competent programmer. I found it too hard to get them working. I need a more plug and play arrangement. Online help is a requirement for anything I do from a technology standpoint.

And the Market Delta stuff, tho it looked good, wasnt available through my broker.

I trade off a 5 minute chart on the CL, and i found that some of the concepts of Market Profile useful in helping to plan my trading day and helps me to focus on areas in which I beleive good value exists.

Thanks for your imput. Troy seems like a standup guy when it comes to his business. And he has some great tunes on his video tutorials. It seems to me he is doing many things right.

Thanks for your imput.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

Big Mike View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

Frankly, I never used the ignore feature before, so I wasnt aware it was available, or how it worked.

I apologize for my comments, and will restrain myself in the future.

vincevirgil

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

Rayzor View Post
If I was into MP (which I just don't get it) I would probobly still be using it.

@Rayzor

I was beginning to think it was just me. I have looked at the concept, like the way the charts look ... but I haven't figured out how to make it work for me.

This is Not a criticism of the concept, any vendor or the traders who subscribe to the trading technique.

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:
 kulu 
Buckeye Nation

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, 6E, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 159
Thanks Received: 242

VinceVirgil View Post
Certainly, Market Profile isn't for everyone. Then again, everyone needs to find their own method. Whatever works is the rule, because in the final analysis, the goal is profitability over the long term.

The biggest reason for me using Rancho Dinero is because I attempted to use the various Market Profile tools from Elite Downloads on futures.io (formerly BMT), and while many are using them to great success, I am not a competent programmer. I found it too hard to get them working. I need a more plug and play arrangement. Online help is a requirement for anything I do from a technology standpoint.

And the Market Delta stuff, tho it looked good, wasnt available through my broker.

I trade off a 5 minute chart on the CL, and i found that some of the concepts of Market Profile useful in helping to plan my trading day and helps me to focus on areas in which I beleive good value exists.

Thanks for your imput. Troy seems like a standup guy when it comes to his business. And he has some great tunes on his video tutorials. It seems to me he is doing many things right.

Thanks for your imput.

I agree with you, Rancho tools are great. I am a lifetime member and I love all the tools he has. I am not trying to pitch his tools to anyone, but I find them useful for anyone trading or thinking about trading using MP/VP. There are other vendors out there that you could use, eg fin-alg, but they do not have things like Composite profiles, micro composites, intraday profiles, volumerangeprofiles and many other volume studies for a MP/VP trader. Troy is a great guy. Like others have said, his customer service is great.

Again, if you are not trading MP/VP, then this is probably (definately) not for you.

just my 2 cents.

TTMTAX 
Atlanta, Georgia/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: tf
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

I'm a new member to Rancho Dinero's ACME tools and glad to see there is Thread here on Big Mike's. I new to Ninja Trader as well, so its been a big learning curve to trying to get everything set up.

So far "El Duque" has been very responsive to my questions and his videos are pretty helpful. However, I wish he just had a pdf with screen-shots instead. Or if he could narrate the videos instead of music. Just my preference.

Look forward to see other posts on their experience with the ACME tools and/or tips on taking full advantage of the available tools. Perhaps we can get Big Mike have Troy do a webinar.

Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

Looks like some well programmed indicators.

Just as a head's up, a majority of the indicators sold in their package are available for free here on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) through Gomi's indicators and Fat Tails Pivots and Initial Balance indicators. The only thing that they offer that isn't on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) is a quality Market Profile TPO indicator. Fin-Alg offers one for a fraction of the cost however if that's what you're looking for.

Anyway, see for yourself if anyone is looking to emulate those indicators. The one thing I like about GOM's indies are they're bid/ask data vs. NT Tick File.

Last Updated on June 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts