NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 21 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 13 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 9 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 KahunaDog with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kulu with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 5.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,459 views
    2. thumb_up 203 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

I have been adapting more to Market Profile in terms of trying to identify and learn more about market context and structure for Crude.

By using these tools and adapting it to my trading, I beleive I can refine my edge so that my trading becomes more efficient.

If it wasnt for Rancho Templates as well as the indicators in their volume packs, I wouldnt stand a chance. I cant program worth beans.

So here are is my latest chart...60 minute with MP

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 08-12 (60 Min)  7_6_2012.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	80489  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

Big Mike View Post
I have not looked closely. Is he a master trader with a strong educational background and a history of teaching/educating traders? Or is he a programmer/developer? If developer, then a webinar on futures.io (formerly BMT) is not a good fit. If a master trader, then I will investigate further.

As I said, I have no problem with you guys discussing his product or services. The above was simply in response to a futures.io (formerly BMT) hosted webinar.

Mike

Mike,

Troy is a GREAT presenter, he is personable and intelligent. I have viewed all of his webinars and he obviously speaks as a trader, and not a developer, but im sure part of this is because everyone in his webinars are already paid subscribers.

Rancho Dinero | Blog

https://ranchodinero.com/2012/06/asking-the-wrong-question/

this is a link to the blog, lots of the posts have to do with pack updates, but there is quite a bit of excellent trading information in it. If you take some time to give it a read I'm sure you'll extend to him an invitation.

Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

addchild View Post
Mike,

Troy is a GREAT presenter, he is personable and intelligent. I have viewed all of his webinars and he obviously speaks as a trader, and not a developer, but im sure part of this is because everyone in his webinars are already paid subscribers.

Rancho Dinero | Blog

Rancho Dinero | Asking The Wrong Question

this is a link to the blog, lots of the posts have to do with pack updates, but there is quite a bit of excellent trading information in it. If you take some time to give it a read I'm sure you'll extend to him an invitation.

Yes, my sentiments as well.

He has been a big help to me, and is as good a presenter as I have ever seen. I think the member ship will gain a lot from his insight on trading, even if they never become a subscriber to Rancho., The concepts are MP.

After all, how many subscribers, me amoung them, would not attend his webinars if they didnt add value. He has my money. Theoretically, he dosnt have to do anything more.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 justtradeit84 
Singapore

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Dont know yet
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 26

I joined forum after searching infos on FT71. I am learning to day trade futures to fire my boss some day. I wanna follow FT71 method but still unsure whether I should just subscribe to IRT straight away while i m still learning and demo trade his method (my concern is the high cost of IRT n data while i m still learning and havent made any profit yet). Can anyone tell me whether I can use Ninjatrader with Gomi MP indicator or the pack from Ranko Dinero to replicate FT71 works in Ninjatrader to learn the method and save the cost first?
Hope to have your opinions. Thanks alot

Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

justtradeit84 View Post
I joined forum after searching infos on FT71. I am learning to day trade futures to fire my boss some day. I wanna follow FT71 method but still unsure whether I should just subscribe to IRT straight away while i m still learning and demo trade his method (my concern is the high cost of IRT n data while i m still learning and havent made any profit yet). Can anyone tell me whether I can use Ninjatrader with Gomi MP indicator or the pack from Ranko Dinero to replicate FT71 works in Ninjatrader to learn the method and save the cost first?
Hope to have your opinions. Thanks alot

Ft71 uses the concepts of Market Profile in his trading, and therefore, if you learn the basics of market profile (like from Daltons book Mind over Markets) you can adapt the Rancho Dinero Suite to Ninja Trader, as it has everfything a Market Profiler needs. Gomi does as well, however, I found it a challenge to adapt it to Ninja Tradrr, as I am a poor programmer.

I want something that is consistent and therefore, I went with Rancho because of the integration of various studies and charts as well as the how to videos and accesss to tech support if I need a specific question answered. Yes, you have you be a member, but, the time it saves me is worth the cost of admission for me.

Thanked by:

jmccabeVA 
Washington DC/USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman Trading, IBKR
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 11

Using Gomi Volume ladder and would like to know how I can get Delta Divergence /Cum. delta/Total Volume under the ladder like Rancho does. I have it setup similar but the values are off. Volume looks correct but not seeing corrleated Delta Divergence as compared to what Rancho is showing. It's a 5 range chart for the ladder and I'm trying to get similar data on the number blocks below the chart. Anyone help? I'll include a screen shot.

This is ZondorGomiLadder.

Here's the chart:
GomLadder5Range - jmcassociates's library

Here's the Indicator settings:
IndicatorSettings1 - jmcassociates's library

More settings on the lower side not viewable in previous screen shot.
AdditionalIndicatorSettings - jmcassociates's library

Here is a screenshot of the Rancho Ladder Chart that shows Delta/CumDelta/Volume that I'm trying to duplicate in Zondor.
RanchoChartExample - jmcassociates's library

thanks for any help.

-James

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 bbsky 
washington dc

Experience: None
Platform: mt
Trading: eu/us
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 12

Hi traders,
please can you explain the difference if any between Market Delta footprint chart and Rancho Dinero volume ladder?

thank you

OpalDragon 
Des Moines, Iowa

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: 6E, CL, Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 733
Thanks Received: 232

@Private Banker

Where do you get that SMA on your GOM CD in your screenshot that you posted in the beginning of the tread? It looks fantastic!

Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

OpalDragon View Post
@Private Banker

Where do you get that SMA on your GOM CD in your screenshot that you posted in the beginning of the tread? It looks fantastic!

That was a variable moving average or VIDYA. You just have to anchor the moving average to the CD vs. the underlying market and make sure the moving average is selected to be in the same lower pane as well. Its been a very long time since I've used that but I think that's how I did it.

Thanked by:
 OpalDragon 
Des Moines, Iowa

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: 6E, CL, Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 733
Thanks Received: 232

Thanks ...

Last Updated on June 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts