NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 21 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 13 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 9 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 KahunaDog with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kulu with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 5.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,459 views
    2. thumb_up 203 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

VSPEEDS 
Jacksonville Florida USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

So my first post and it's about a vendor... Just haven't had much to contribute, but I do on this topic. Their indicators are excellent. What you do with them is up to you. Tools don't make a master carpenter and brushes don't make an artist. I am a big believer in having good tools.

Now in terms of working with Rancho, they are draconian regarding business matters. Want to upgrade? Wait for your current term to end. Same for downgrade. Seems to be more of a back-end accounting system issue. The one thing that really ticked me off was paying $10 for a new machine ID. And decently enough a few months later after an OS change generated a new ID they were no longer charging. That's cool and the right thing to do.

Note when you buy their stuff, you're on your own. There's very little content to help apply the tools to the market. There is some attempt, but it's minimal and not very helpful. At first I found this very frustrating, but after about 9 months of using the tools I realize it's about how you personally interpret what the tools provide and the actions you take.

Just like any indicator on your chart.

As far as their technology, no complaints. Sometimes I have to restart NJ script or reload data. The playback function can yield missing bars, etc. but for the most part, I can replay markets and work live without issue.

--VSPEEDS

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

VSPEEDS View Post
So my first post and it's about a vendor... Just haven't had much to contribute, but I do on this topic. Their indicators are excellent. What you do with them is up to you. Tools don't make a master carpenter and brushes don't make an artist. I am a big believer in having good tools.

Now in terms of working with Rancho, they are draconian regarding business matters. Want to upgrade? Wait for your current term to end. Same for downgrade. Seems to be more of a back-end accounting system issue. The one thing that really ticked me off was paying $10 for a new machine ID. And decently enough a few months later after an OS change generated a new ID they were no longer charging. That's cool and the right thing to do.

Note when you buy their stuff, you're on your own. There's very little content to help apply the tools to the market. There is some attempt, but it's minimal and not very helpful. At first I found this very frustrating, but after about 9 months of using the tools I realize it's about how you personally interpret what the tools provide and the actions you take.

Just like any indicator on your chart.

As far as their technology, no complaints. Sometimes I have to restart NJ script or reload data. The playback function can yield missing bars, etc. but for the most part, I can replay markets and work live without issue.

--VSPEEDS

Nice post.

I’ve been using Rancho since 2011. Big fan of Troy. Back then $800 got me everything, lifetime. I have added his new Order Flow tools so he got some more from me.

His tools are awesome. Very solid. Beautiful to look at. Which helps. I know I can trust my tools under stress.

As far as his skills he is pretty much the best in my book. Ex-Microsoft software engineer. Knows .NET, Windows, C# and WFP and more.

But, yes, you have to have a very solid case to get Troy to add features or change something. Like finding a bug or......

I do find there is adequate documentation, though. But maybe I’m just more familiar with his stuff.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

I still use ACME daily...for the past 4 years

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Rasna 
Denver, CO, USA

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, ThinkorSwim, WealthLab Pro
Trading: Bond Futures, ES, Options, Stocks, SPY, SPX
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 8

I'd like to know if there are any current Acme VI users who could comment on their impression of the tool.

I've used FinAlgs MarketBalance and the Acme VI and each has their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the Acme tool, but there are a couple of things that I find bothersome.

1. When you shift the VI chart down, long Volume columns cover the footer. I was told by their support guy this am that the indicator did this by design. I've used MarketDelta for years and, as I said Muly's MarketBalance and neither of these tools place the vol columns in front of the footer. The data always is BEHIND THE FOOTER. To design the indicator so that the data obscures the footer by design just seems odd to me.

2. There are no Session/Period Letters along the top to the footer for reference. Again the other products provide this basic information. I asked about this a few months back and was told that because different traders use different time-frames that the addition of the Periods A-N) probably wouldn't be beneficial. I referred the support chap to Dalton's book so that he could educate himself and left it at that. Again, the answer didn't make sense to me.

3. It would be nice to see Bid Vol and Ask Vol for each period.

To me it feels like the level/quality of support over the last several years has changed and not for the better. But, I'll accept the fact that maybe it's just me. As an aside, I had at least a 45 minute email exchange on the usefulness of the Period/Session letters and came away frustrated and almost certain that the support person did not know who Jim Dalton was, nor familiar with his book Mind Over Markets.

I've managed support departments and realize that not all problems are soluble, but I trained my employees on how to interact with customers who buy the products that pay the bills. Too many support personnel take the attitude of, "what is the absolute minimum that I have to do to get this eprson to go away". That's how I felt.

I have two reference points: when Troy responded to questions and now the current support guy who answers the questions. Troy was helpful to a fault, his support guy not so much.

So, I'd appreciate any feedback on the features of the Volume Impression indicator and the level of support others may have experienced. Again, maybe it's just my experience.

Thanks and sorry this is so long.

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

The same experience here, support can’t help, sends ridiculous template to fill instead, if feature proposed it gets rejected immediately, pointing out to something unrelated, etc. But do you have to use them, I think native NT8 order flow charts are doing exactly the same?

Rasna View Post
I'd like to know if there are any current Acme VI users who could comment on their impression of the tool.

I've used FinAlgs MarketBalance and the Acme VI and each has their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the Acme tool, but there are a couple of things that I find bothersome.

1. When you shift the VI chart down, long Volume columns cover the footer. I was told by their support guy this am that the indicator did this by design. I've used MarketDelta for years and, as I said Muly's MarketBalance and neither of these tools place the vol columns in front of the footer. The data always is BEHIND THE FOOTER. To design the indicator so that the data obscures the footer by design just seems odd to me.

2. There are no Session/Period Letters along the top to the footer for reference. Again the other products provide this basic information. I asked about this a few months back and was told that because different traders use different time-frames that the addition of the Periods A-N) probably wouldn't be beneficial. I referred the support chap to Dalton's book so that he could educate himself and left it at that. Again, the answer didn't make sense to me.

3. It would be nice to see Bid Vol and Ask Vol for each period.

To me it feels like the level/quality of support over the last several years has changed and not for the better. But, I'll accept the fact that maybe it's just me. As an aside, I had at least a 45 minute email exchange on the usefulness of the Period/Session letters and came away frustrated and almost certain that the support person did not know who Jim Dalton was, nor familiar with his book Mind Over Markets.

I've managed support departments and realize that not all problems are soluble, but I trained my employees on how to interact with customers who buy the products that pay the bills. Too many support personnel take the attitude of, "what is the absolute minimum that I have to do to get this eprson to go away". That's how I felt.

I have two reference points: when Troy responded to questions and now the current support guy who answers the questions. Troy was helpful to a fault, his support guy not so much.

So, I'd appreciate any feedback on the features of the Volume Impression indicator and the level of support others may have experienced. Again, maybe it's just my experience.

Thanks and sorry this is so long.

n3xtl3v3l 
stuttgart+germany

Platform: NT8/ TWS
Broker: IB / SIERRA
Trading: ES/YM/NQ/FDAX/CL
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 16

i made the same experience unfortunately ...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Trader604 
Virginia Beach/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Russell
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 3

I have to agree with the previous posts regarding ACME products and support. I like there products. I have not offered suggestions for product improvement. Based on my experience with technical support, I have no desire to offer suggestions. My latest issue with support really frustrated me. Seems the support guy was aware I was not following the instructions he provided correctly (which is my fault), but just keep telling me to read the instructions instead of pointing out that I was going in the wrong direction. If I knew what I was doing wrong, I wouldn't of needed technical support. That's why it is called support. I will be going in another direction going forward for software add ons.

patfaninba 
san francisco, CA / USA

Platform: TOS
Trading: Dow
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

Agreed with the previous posters.. I actually opened up a new thread on this before I realized this..

I am doing a trial of their product. The indicators seem really promising, but their support is extremely unhelpful. If anyone knows them well (from their early days), perhaps they can pass this on .. I am hearing that from other traders that I work with as well)!

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Check also native NT8 order flow and volume profile indicators, in my opinion Rancho Dinero doesn't bring any extra value, at least where I use them.

patfaninba View Post
Agreed with the previous posters.. I actually opened up a new thread on this before I realized this..

I am doing a trial of their product. The indicators seem really promising, but their support is extremely unhelpful. If anyone knows them well (from their early days), perhaps they can pass this on .. I am hearing that from other traders that I work with as well)!

Thanked by:

IBLAB 
Wilmington ,NC ,United States

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 12

[SIZE="5"]The product provided by Rancho D. is superb-""Acme Analytics"" There are many well written help pages by Rancho on Acme site to guide one. Perhaps one may not have hand holding although -once one becomes familiar with product the questions are few and support is on limited basis available- Product is excellent! GL 2 you.

Last Updated on June 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts