NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 21 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 13 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 9 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 7 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kulu with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 5.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,401 views
    2. thumb_up 203 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

rdtw 
Des Moines Iowa United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT Ensign MT4
Trading: drums
Thanks Given: 14,996
Thanks Received: 38

TTMTAX View Post
I'm a new member to Rancho Dinero's ACME tools and glad to see there is Thread here on Big Mike's. I new to Ninja Trader as well, so its been a big learning curve to trying to get everything set up.

So far "El Duque" has been very responsive to my questions and his videos are pretty helpful. However, I wish he just had a pdf with screen-shots instead. Or if he could narrate the videos instead of music. Just my preference.

Look forward to see other posts on their experience with the ACME tools and/or tips on taking full advantage of the available tools. Perhaps we can get Big Mike have Troy do a webinar.

Ditto on that ... What do you say Big Mike ?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

rdtw View Post
Ditto on that ... What do you say Big Mike ?

We do not allow webinars or site sponsorships from vendors whose primary product or service includes selling indicators, strategies or a trade room signal calling service.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

Big Mike View Post
We do not allow webinars or site sponsorships from vendors whose primary product or service includes selling indicators, strategies or a trade room signal calling service.

Mike

Whats the policy on links to offsite webinars? Ninja Trader has a webinar posted on their site where they hosted Troy from Rancho hwhere he talks how he came to develop Rancho Dinero suite and why, and answers some trading queries.

VinceVirgil

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

VinceVirgil View Post
Whats the policy on links to offsite webinars? Ninja Trader has a webinar posted on their site where they hosted Troy from Rancho hwhere he talks how he came to develop Rancho Dinero suite and why, and answers some trading queries.

VinceVirgil

You guys can post that stuff so long as you are not affiliated with the business (no self promotion).

Mike

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Here is the Rancho Dinero suite that is explained by Troy in his Webinar sponcered by Ninja Trader.

Rancho Dinero | Free Webinar – Volume and [AUTOLINK]TPO[/AUTOLINK] Profiling with Acme Market Analytics

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Big Mike View Post

Mike

Rancho is a software company only, and they only provide the the Market Profile tools for evaluating the market. They dont sell strategies, or run a trading room, or indictors that will point out where to enter or exit the markets.

Only wanted to point that out, as it was explained to me, and from using the tools over the last couple of weeks. You really use the tools to build your own market profile strategy.

Troy talks about how he trades using the tools, so his webinar involved answers of how he trades . The Rancho Suite is just the tools and templates one overlays on Ninja Trader to put into chart form Market profile concepts and have a semi computer illiterate like myself build market compostites to better contextualize the market one is trading.

Thanked by:
 TTMTAX 
Atlanta, Georgia/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: tf
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Mike's the boss. No webinar forthcoming. He has been on NT's partner site and they are hosting some of their own. As long as we can discuss, I'm fine.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

VinceVirgil View Post
Rancho is a software company only, and they only provide the the Market Profile tools for evaluating the market. They dont sell strategies, or run a trading room, or indictors that will point out where to enter or exit the markets.

I have not looked closely. Is he a master trader with a strong educational background and a history of teaching/educating traders? Or is he a programmer/developer? If developer, then a webinar on futures.io (formerly BMT) is not a good fit. If a master trader, then I will investigate further.

As I said, I have no problem with you guys discussing his product or services. The above was simply in response to a futures.io (formerly BMT) hosted webinar.

Mike

Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Big Mike View Post
I have not looked closely. Is he a master trader with a strong educational background and a history of teaching/educating traders? Or is he a programmer/developer? If developer, then a webinar on futures.io (formerly BMT) is not a good fit. If a master trader, then I will investigate further.

As I said, I have no problem with you guys discussing his product or services. The above was simply in response to a futures.io (formerly BMT) hosted webinar.

Mike

Now those are tough questions.

Strong educator/background? Dont know. But he was a good speaker...I got something out of it, but, thats me...

I would say more program developer. But, he wrote the software because he traded equities for his own account and wrote the Market Proflile tools to help him when he switched to trading futures a few years ago. He is a trader, and he fielded trading questions.

He wanted to use Market Profile, but he found the existing software wasnt quite to his liking and was too expensive. So he wrote his own. Thats what he said in the webinar.

Not sure if he would be a good fit for futures.io (formerly BMT). You have had some very good speakers.

For those of us that cant write their own code, or adapt existing code to their trading, particularily Market Profile, it seems like it would be a help.

Thanked by:

Boomer34 
Georgia, USA

Platform: TOS
Broker: TOS
Trading: SPX
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 57

Thanks for the feedback in this thread so far...

I am looking into Rancho Dinero's offerings...appears like the customer service is top notch, and there are a number of information blog posts and articles on his site for free...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts