NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 21 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 13 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 9 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 7 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kulu with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 5.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,401 views
    2. thumb_up 203 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Rancho Dinero / Acme Market Analytics (www.ranchodinero.com)

patfaninba 
san francisco, CA / USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Trading: Dow
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

IBLAB View Post
[SIZE="5"]The product provided by Rancho D. is superb-""Acme Analytics"" There are many well written help pages by Rancho on Acme site to guide one. Perhaps one may not have hand holding although -once one becomes familiar with product the questions are few and support is on limited basis available- Product is excellent! GL 2 you.

I agree that the product does look promising... and I would also agree that once someone becomes familiar with the product, the questions will be fewer..

The issue I have is that I am looking to leverage the product to trade - not spend significant time and energy to learn the product and become an expert at that.

For that, I would argue that initial hand holding would be very helpful.. RTFM is fine once you know some basics.. They may have created a better mouse trap, but if customers don't know how to set it up... ?

I would also agree with your comment that support is available on a limited basis.. 'limited' is truly LIMITED - as in barely exists - beyond referring one to the support page.

Oh.. finally, contrast the 'support' provided by RD / Acme vs. the really good ones provided by Ninja Trader or even ToS

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Trader604 
Virginia Beach/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Russell
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 3

Well maybe I just can't read, which is a real possibility LOL, but I do not find their help guides well written. But far worse for me was asking any questions. I have dealt with a lot of vendors over my years learning to trade. I have never had a worse experience then with their technical support guy. I have resisted the temptation to buy something from them that I liked based solely on my last experience. I am glad you are having a better experience with them than I did.

IBLAB 
Wilmington ,NC ,United States

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 12

I'm sure u read well and I understand your comments- All I may share is that Acme Analytics on NT8 is an exceptional "TOOL" !!!!! -Yes it takes time and sure you will resolve this process with study-effort- Personally I have not used another although i have heard most independent chart systems require significant effort and well worth it. I am clearly NOT ""IT "" expert by any means and required much work and assistance from real computer experts. Once you accomplish the basics you will find Acme Analytics fabulous IMHO. Good luck and best to you. G-nite

Thanked by:
 BeMoreFree 
Jacksonville, FL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, IRT
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 27

I woke up this morning loving Rancho Dinero, and then this happened -

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

I've liked and used their tools and recommended them to a lot of others over the years as well. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that they really don't care about their customers AT ALL.

I purchased a product this morning. Then realized I already had what I was looking for in another product I had *already purchased* from Rancho Dinero (range VWAP in Range Volume Profile) so I immediately asked for a refund and apologized for the inconvenience. Didn't really think much about it.

Then I got the finger from support! "No refunds, read the TOS, it's a contract, blah blah blah." Ok, fair enough, that's legally correct. My bad. But it's still not the right thing to do to an existing customer. I let them know within an HOUR of my mistake.

And just so everyone knows, this came directly from Troy (eventually after several emails with 'support') who's first offer was a 'store credit' good til the end of the year. No thanks, c'mon Troy, do the right thing this is silly.

Finally he refunded $49 of the $79 purchase price. So I guess that $30 is really gonna make the difference on this month's balance sheet for Rancho Dinero. Better than nothing one could say, but I say it's still very poor handling of an honest mistake that was brought to their attention in mere minutes by an existing client. Shame on you. Don't spend it all in one place, because it's the last you'll ever see from me and anyone else I can influence. There are plenty of options from NT vendors who are reasonable and fair without a fight.

Let's be clear about this. This isn't a digital product that once you download it, they can't control its use. Rancho Dinero can just turn off the license, viola, no service, no value delivered.

Here's the email I got from Troy -

Hey Wayne -

You apparently made a mistake yet expect us as a business to pay the costs because it's the right thing? Since none of this is our fault and it's not right for you to pick my pocket I've issued you a $49 partial refund against this transaction. It will be credited to your card in 3-5 business days.

The difference covers my hard costs for the license issuing, the payment processing fees for both the sale and refund, as well as support and exception accounting time.

-Troy

Pick your pocket? I've run several businesses over the years, and yes, sometimes you make exceptions to show a little love to your clients Troy, even when it's their mistake. It tells them that your goal is to truly add value and provide quality service as a first principle, that it's not just nickels and noses, and that you appreciate their patronage and hope they refer friends and say nice things about you.
It leaves them will a good impression and improves your net promoter score. (How likely are you to refer a friend?)
Poor Troy, being picked on by pesky repeat customers. The time I spent getting this handled in an almost reasonable way wasn't worth it. We both lost. Thanks.

BTW - if the response had been 'Hey Wayne, Would you mind paying our actual costs for the transaction, and we'll refund the difference?' I would have HAPPILY said yes and paid it!!

So that's my direct experience with Rancho Dinero. Hope everyone finds this review informative.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

BeMoreFree View Post
I woke up this morning loving Rancho Dinero, and then this happened -

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

I've liked and used their tools and recommended them to a lot of others over the years as well. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that they really don't care about their customers AT ALL.

I purchased a product this morning. Then realized I already had what I was looking for in another product I had *already purchased* from Rancho Dinero (range VWAP in Range Volume Profile) so I immediately asked for a refund and apologized for the inconvenience. Didn't really think much about it.

Then I got the finger from support! "No refunds, read the TOS, it's a contract, blah blah blah." Ok, fair enough, that's legally correct. My bad. But it's still not the right thing to do to an existing customer. I let them know within an HOUR of my mistake.

And just so everyone knows, this came directly from Troy (eventually after several emails with 'support') who's first offer was a 'store credit' good til the end of the year. No thanks, c'mon Troy, do the right thing this is silly.

Finally he refunded $49 of the $79 purchase price. So I guess that $30 is really gonna make the difference on this month's balance sheet for Rancho Dinero. Better than nothing one could say, but I say it's still very poor handling of an honest mistake that was brought to their attention in mere minutes by an existing client. Shame on you. Don't spend it all in one place, because it's the last you'll ever see from me and anyone else I can influence. There are plenty of options from NT vendors who are reasonable and fair without a fight.

Let's be clear about this. This isn't a digital product that once you download it, they can't control its use. Rancho Dinero can just turn off the license, viola, no service, no value delivered.

Here's the email I got from Troy -

Hey Wayne -

You apparently made a mistake yet expect us as a business to pay the costs because it's the right thing? Since none of this is our fault and it's not right for you to pick my pocket I've issued you a $49 partial refund against this transaction. It will be credited to your card in 3-5 business days.

The difference covers my hard costs for the license issuing, the payment processing fees for both the sale and refund, as well as support and exception accounting time.

-Troy

Pick your pocket? I've run several businesses over the years, and yes, sometimes you make exceptions to show a little love to your clients Troy, even when it's their mistake. It tells them that your goal is to truly add value and provide quality service as a first principle, that it's not just nickels and noses, and that you appreciate their patronage and hope they refer friends and say nice things about you.
It leaves them will a good impression and improves your net promoter score. (How likely are you to refer a friend?)
Poor Troy, being picked on by pesky repeat customers. The time I spent getting this handled in an almost reasonable way wasn't worth it. We both lost. Thanks.

BTW - if the response had been 'Hey Wayne, Would you mind paying our actual costs for the transaction, and we'll refund the difference?' I would have HAPPILY said yes and paid it!!

So that's my direct experience with Rancho Dinero. Hope everyone finds this review informative.

Everyone has a business model. I guess this is theirs.

Whilst they have every right to do this, it seems like a genuine honest mistake from an existing customer and a very condescending tone used in response to that mistake. The cost of issuing an NT license is about 60 seconds worth of work. As for the transaction costs, yeah I get that, it would have been fair of them to charge you that with a polite slap on the wrist IMO.

I agree, not a fabulous way to reward customer loyalty. Each to their own I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:

teamtc247 
Fairburn, Georgia

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 644
Thanks Received: 1,116

Yeah, their tools are much faster than NT's. NT8's VP and profile tools are pathetic. They degrade my platform. I am running 48GB's of ram, too lazy to pop the keyboard on my Sager.

Rancho's tools are snappy and don't slow down my machine. In terms of their service, I can see how one could feel about it. However, their product is way better than NT’s. Also, if they trade and are not merely a vendor, i.e. a trader, I wouldn't mess around with requests either. Or they might have a ton of traders that are on subscribptiuton with them because they think it's the holy grail. Time is money. Ninja needs to up their game. They get all their programming done on Upwork. Their platform is user friendly but is really behind the times.

NT get your stuff together!

Process oriented goals #1.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 TTMTAX 
Atlanta, Georgia/USA

Trading: tf
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

I agree, His suite provides much of the functionality that Investor RT and what FT71 shows on his charts

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Quick feedback about Acme suite Pro package. I have been a big fan of their tools and a long time user since 2010 if i remember correctly but must admit i am very disappointed with their implementation of their tools on NT8. Their custom drawing profile tool gives frequent errors due to the fact it can't load cached data or can't load data from the server. Their footprint tool needs to have tick replay on which may slow down your CPU and is no more necessary. Fortunately, Ninjatrader provides similar tools and are much easier to use and flawless if i compare to Acme's tools. I don't recommand them anymore.

Rasna 
Denver, CO, USA

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, ThinkorSwim, WealthLab Pro
Trading: Bond Futures, ES, Options, Stocks, SPY, SPX
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 8

One of the maxims I live by is "When at all possible, choose the path of least resistance."

I've used the Acme tools regularly for quite a while. Over the years I've noticed a steady decline in the level of Customer Support. When it was just Troy at the beginning, Support was responsive, cordial and upbeat. Now it's just the opposite. The Support guy there now, Stephen R, has the temperament of a badger. His attitude seems to be, "What is the minimum that I have to do to get this person off of my queue." Absolutely tone deaf when it comes to simple requests for mods/changes to the app. Apparently, this attitude even infected Troy, or maybe it started with him based on some of the posts I've read.

I stopped using the service about 6 - 8 weeks ago but forgot about the PayPal auto payment set up. As soon as I saw the charge, I contacted Rancho and requested that the credit the $59 back to me. Steven R, responded with the "No Refund" policy. OK (Path of least resistance, remember), I'll chalk this one up and move on. (I don't care about the dough, but no one wants to be taken for granted). For what I want, FinAlg/Muly will work just fine.

This is too bad, and symptomatic of the "Screw the customer!!" attitude that infects so many American businesses. I don't wish anyone ill, but Ranch/Troy will eventually reap what they sow with their bad attitude and support and cavalier attitude toward customers . Customers have choices and vote with their wallets. In this day and age, there is absolutely no reason for bad customer support or a "F@*k You, read the Terms of Service" attitude. Companies with the Rancho Dinero attitude will go the way of Kodak and will be a distant memory of what once was.

Bye Rancho, you ain't what you used to be.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

trendisyourfriend View Post
Quick feedback about Acme suite Pro package. I have been a big fan of their tools and a long time user since 2010 if i remember correctly but must admit i am very disappointed with their implementation of their tools on NT8. Their custom drawing profile tool gives frequent errors due to the fact it can't load cached data or can't load data from the server. Their footprint tool needs to have tick replay on which may slow down your CPU and is no more necessary. Fortunately, Ninjatrader provides similar tools and are much easier to use and flawless if i compare to Acme's tools. I don't recommand them anymore.

I have used ACME for about 6 years, unfortunately I too got regular errors. So I have not loaded it on my last nt8 update. I have an nt8 multi license so am using the order flow from that which seems fine for my profiles.

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 23, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts