NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,597 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Keenbreathy 
Philadelphia, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradovate,NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 20

Hello, I am David. I only wish I would have discovered day trading futures when I was much younger. I am a construction contractor by day, and while I enjoy it to some degree, it cannot compare to the way I feel about trading. Nothing will stop me from becoming profitable and I am here to learn.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
futuresmtrades
Los Angeles + USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone, I'm here ready to learn. A lot of good content and information so thanks to everyone that contributes.

Thanked by:
RitchyJames
Amarillo, TX

Hi - I'm new to futures and just starting my learning journey - look forward to learning here.

Thanked by:
LineBreak
Hamburg Germany

Thanks Given: 6

hey together.

im german based futures and cfd trader which mostly operates in NQ.

i had severeal questions and google linked me here.

glad to have this forum.

hope to better my skills here and help others when needed.

Thanked by:
 Adeian 
Denver Colorado

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader and ToS
Broker: NinjaTrader and TDA
Trading: Futures ES + MES + NQ + MNQ + GC + CL
Thanks Given: 2

Hello everyone, Adeian here,

It looks like Big Mike started this site the same year I scared myself out of trading for the next 10 years or so.

Back then i wanted to be a day trader but the gov had just put the PDT rule in effect and I didn't have quite that much to start with. Also it seemed like Futures would be WAY more interesting to trade. I am a programmer / engineer for a living so I gravitated to a platform that would let me write code in a language I already knew or at least mostly so.

I ended up writing a script that would use a 3-wave strategy to trade ES (Way before the micros) on fed days. It would watch the first 3 waves to determine the direction the market was going to move then it would start buying contracts long or short depending on the market. Back then right after the fed would finish the market would go crazy. I spent a couple months back testing as best I could but my problem, that I didn't realize at the time was I was only thinking about how much money I was going to make. I was figuring that every three months I was going to have a BIG payday. Anyone see the problem yet?

So, Wednesday fed day rolls around and I'm ready to go. I'm listening to the fed speak and watching the charts and keeping my finger on the go button. Greenspan (I think) finishes and the market takes off. I push the button and the script starts running. 3rd wave shows it's more bad news and the market is moving down. Greed has me thinking that I should change the script to watch for only 2 waves who cares what all of those guys who know what they are doing say.

About 15 seconds in my account is up $150,000.00. The market started pulling back a bit, as it does when it hit me. If the market kept moving against me and I lost the connection to my broker I was going to lose more than everything I had. I had so many contracts short the margin call would have been in the millions. I felt my heart stop. LOL

I went flat and closed everything. Even my stocks. Sold it all, liquidated my account and didn't trade again until someone talked me into opening a webull account in 2019 LOL. Well that didn't last long. Now I've got 2 real accounts and good trading platforms. I can still program anything I want but most of all I know what I'm doing now and have much better self-control.

Anyway, sorry so long, glad I found this place and hope to talk with you all and learn from you as well.

Adeian.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
thetradingmoney
Singapore, Singapore

Thanks for the forum Mike. Glad to join

Thanked by:
 yperez953 
Miami, FL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 10

New trader here. Learning and focusing on trading the emini SP futures. Thanks for the forum.

Thanked by:
kzuv
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 1

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ken and I too have blown up a few accounts.
I am looking to learn more about order flow and a more institutional style of trading.
I'm also interested in AI and automated systems.
If anybody knows of some good resources please let me know!

Thank You!

Thanked by:
Hotub
Newport South Wales

Thanks Given: 1

Hi thanks for the welcome big Mike.
I have been trading (unsuccessfully) on and off for a couple of years now so can relate to the woes and frustration aired by others. Hopefully I am beginning to learn a little now (hic) I have more time on my hands and not just chasing losses or getting too emotional. I need to learn about futures before I start trading. Came upon this site whilst looking for answers. Anyway glad to be here hopefully I will be able to contribute something.

Thanked by:
Valrion
Durban, South Africa

Hi guys,

Actually not new, been a lurker for a few years and created an account I think in 2020, but never made a post... So here it is

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts