NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

th438120
New York City, NY

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

My name is Tim. I'm a 33 year old data scientist.

I took an interest in the stock market a few years ago. Then started looking into automated trading, and eventually found futures.

I'm beginning my journey, just got started with Ninjatrader, and I like to focus on developing strategies and indicators.

Anyway, it's good to be here. I look forward to lurking this forum and learning.

-Tim

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 chasepatrol 
Bremen, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, FDAX
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 39

Dear all,

My name is Daniel (chasepatrol), I'm turning 36, married, father of two kids, located in Germany and I'm working full-time as an Investment Manager in the Renewables Energy Industry

I'm in the trading universe since ~16 years now with many ups and downs. There was a time were I worked on my trading serious and there was a time were I was not that close on it. I had a trading break for now like 5 years (since my first child was born). My focus since then was the family, my professional carrer and holding the money for the family together (kids are expensive 😉 buying a house and so on).

Since a few months I'm back in trading again because now I'm settled in life, have time and the financial capabilities to start again. I have a futures account with AMP and trade with TradingView. Besides all my knowledge gathered within the last years I want to have a look at real trading strategies that give me a real plan what to do in my trading. I know how the business works and I would consider myself as experienced but more often than not I was in the trading with more a "feeling" and "I just do it now like that". There was no real trading plan on my side. I want to change that before I really start again with that. So at the moment I'm concentrating on paper trading and learning.

I was deep into smart money concepts and fx trading a few months and made my own learnings on smart money and supply & demand concepts. But I never felt comfortable with FX and I always come back to futures. I trade only the ES futures.

I'm happy that I've found this community. It seems to be a great place! I want to contribute as much as I can to this group. I'm happy to discuss and exchange things with you guys and I hope I can learn a lot from you as a group.

I think that's it for now. I made this introduction a little bit more open and longer. I hope that's okay.

Best,
Daniel (chasepatrol)

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

chasepatrol View Post
I think that's it for now. I made this introduction a little bit more open and longer. I hope that's okay.

Best,
Daniel (chasepatrol)

Of course.

Welcome.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
cpclass1
Boston, MA

Thanks Given: 0

Hello,
I have been a member for a while but had stopped trading. Now I am getting back in to it with futures trading. I need to figure out best futures brokers with Sierra Charts or Ninjatrader.
I hope to find good information on indicators/technicals here as well.

thanks
-Chet

Thanked by:
espodav86
Bremen Germany

Thanks Received: 2

Hi to everyone,

beginner italian trader from Germany. I traded for one year and half (mostly SIM) daytrading with stocks and since a couple of months moved to the futures. Mainly micro for the moment due to the small account (that will grow up ). Actually I'm trading MES, MCL, M6E, MGC and MHG.

Hope to learn a lot in this forum and one day to contribute with my experience.

Thanked by:
 chasepatrol 
Bremen, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, FDAX
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 39

espodav86 View Post
Hi to everyone,

beginner italian trader from Germany. I traded for one year and half (mostly SIM) daytrading with stocks and since a couple of months moved to the futures. Mainly micro for the moment due to the small account (that will grow up ). Actually I'm trading MES, MCL, M6E, MGC and MHG.

Hope to learn a lot in this forum and one day to contribute with my experience.

Hello from Bremen to Bremen. Crazy how small the world is.

Thanked by:
espodav86
Bremen Germany

Thanks Received: 2

chasepatrol View Post
Hello from Bremen to Bremen. Crazy how small the world is.

Right! Very small...

So let's make Bremen the most profitable city of Germany Always if the BanFin will have other suprise for us -_-

Thanked by:
owcow
North Yorkshire, Easingwold

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Matas, glad to be a member of the platform.

Thanked by:
Trade4Golf
Malaga, Spain

Hi Mike & all fellow members,

Thanks for creating this site and forums.

I have been trading for 2 1/2 years now, got sucked into penny stocks and lost 50% of my portfolio. Then decided to really start studying hard and creating my own trading style & strategy, which works well enough, my issue is my own poor risk management which I really need to work on! I have a bad habit of letting losers turn into REALLY bad losers!

Over the past 12 months I have moved from stocks into options, which I enjoy a lot more than chasing stocks! Due to living in Spain I think futures would be a good move due to the time zone difference with the US markets. I have only just started looking into trading futures, and will not trade until I gain enough knowledge.

Look forward to being in the forums and exchanging ideas, whilst at the same time learning as much as I possibly can.

Thanks,

George

Thanked by:
noahismith
San Antonio, Texas

Hi,

I'm a software engineer trying to develop an edge in futures trading. I bought my first stock on March 13th, 2020 and I've been obsessed ever since.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts