NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,388 views
    2. thumb_up 12,006 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

dgo368
São Paulo + Brazil

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

My name is Daniel and I'm glad to join this community.

I see trading as something exciting and I think it will be great to interact with other people that are also excited about it.

Thanks!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
LeftShoe
Victoria, BC

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 2

My name is Ray. I live in British Columbia, Canada.

I have been studying trading for the past several months. I am especially interested in trading the Micro E-Mini Futures contracts. My favourite YouTube channel is Don Singletary's channel.

Being Canadian, the choices are really limited for trading futures. I recently created an account with Interactive Brokers. I tried adding futures to my trading permissions and was informed that I need a new worth of 100,000$.

I am able to trade stocks and ForEx. So, I will concentrate on trading these in my paper-trading account.

I welcome any suggestions, comment, advice.

Thanks.

Thanked by:
leswar
Vero Beach, FLORIDA/USA

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 4

Gentlemen,
Hello. I hope to relearn how to trade. Did it back in the mid 80s when at home trading was first starting up. There was no internet back then.
So now we have it and complicated platforms; while back in the day it was a special hookup to FNN to get a data feed and watch a ticker all day.

Wow, this may be over my head and ability to comprehend. We'll see. So many technical things and new terminology.

Really don't have anything intelligent to contribute.. Will try.

Good luck.. gotta go prep for the hurricane. Bye

adriange89
Las Palmas + Spain

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hey Guys, my name is Adrian. Im happy to be part of this forum after reading most of you here, I have been doing a professional online course about trading, using now ninjatrader for trading futures on a demo account although Im still looking to make my own strategy, deciding if I want to be scalping.... hedging... but well, anyway its a pleasure to be here and share with you my experiences in this trip!!

marito 
Santa Tecla

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi, I'm a trader from El Salvador. I'm new to NT and futures .... I'm still doing simulation and testing different setups. Looking forward to learning from everyone on this site!

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,487
Thanks Received: 15,383

marito View Post
Hi, I'm a trader from El Salvador. I'm new to NT and futures .... I'm still doing simulation and testing different setups. Looking forward to learning from everyone on this site!

Welcome marito! If you need any help let us know.

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

LeftShoe View Post
My name is Ray. I live in British Columbia, Canada.

I have been studying trading for the past several months. I am especially interested in trading the Micro E-Mini Futures contracts. My favourite YouTube channel is Don Singletary's channel.

Being Canadian, the choices are really limited for trading futures. I recently created an account with Interactive Brokers. I tried adding futures to my trading permissions and was informed that I need a new worth of 100,000$.

I am able to trade stocks and ForEx. So, I will concentrate on trading these in my paper-trading account.

I welcome any suggestions, comment, advice.

Thanks.

Forex is a good starting point for a beginning trader, considering the low barrier to entry. You can make a lot of mistakes with much smaller risk profile and learn how to take losses and wins. Believe me, you will make mistakes. You are in a good place here. Good luck!

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Sergeys7
Moscow

Thanks Received: 0

Hello Mike and All members!
Thank You very much for this excellent forum!

freeLUNCH
Vienna, Austria

Thanks Received: 3

Hi all together!

I still haven't found, what I 'm looking for.
At least not the finance forum, I am dreaming of. Perhaps this one, will be the ONE.

In terms of trading,
the situation is a little bit better. I am always on the search, and from time to time I find a new concept or at least a profitable variation of an old strategy.

Ironically I am an "apprentice" here.
Hhm, an apprentice term of 30 years is quite some time and implies actually good education. In all those years I have found lots of ways to lose my money, even worse not only mine.

Thanks to the internet and falling transaction costs, I finally could start to apply concepts (I had studied at university) for my small wallet. And by simply being active in the market,
using the different product ranges and services of different brokers, I even ended with real arbitrage opportunities, which finance my everday life now.

There is only one main rule I can derive from my experience, NEVER take an UNCOVERED position.
Either I am running direct spreads (inter and intra) or if I have some single bets in my portfolio I always add some kind of general VIX-position to the portfolio.

In my heydays I (my shop) was even registered with CFTC as large trader.

Now I am feeding on diverse online brokers, who are more interested in volumes than in correct pricing and risk management.

One of them accused me of "unfair trading", because I bought two contracts offered by him. One contract was inversely priced relative to the other one. Everybody familiar with Jensen's Inequality could do only one thing, buy as much as you get. Finally we agreed, I would be a "good" boy and never do it again and I may keep my profits. Keeping the profits, having at least one chapter for my memoirs and avoiding unnecessary publicity made me consenting and not calling the Ombudsman. So, the contracts are still at offer,
(bid ask may have widened a bit), go for it!!! A little hint, it is a FCA regulated broker.

Luckily there are other brokers (bigger ones) and more subtle variations of my ARBconcept, that I have a decent living just from this strategy. Additionally I am consulting on different forms of CARRY ARBs. The simpliest version, selling fx-forwards at one broker and hedging currency risk by taking opposite positions with a swap free broker.

My current main projects are;

1) Variance ARB with VIX-futures and any kind of option
2) Expanding the carry concept into the field of vola-premia

So, that's all to know about me.

Looking forward to meeting you

Thanked by:
 bchip 
Torino, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 116

HOGE View Post
Hello everyone.
I live in Japan and I am interested in systematic forex trading.
regards,

Welcome.

Just be careful with algo systems in the forex market as there are many data issues.
The FX market doesnt have a centralized source, so data literally changes from broker to broker,
so performance of a system changes from broker to broker.

Just my 2c

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts