NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,680 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

@root

I know Tom, Scott and Tony. Tony was still on the floor when I was there. ALL of their educational commentary is 100% consistent and legit. Folks might trade differently, but those guys are top notch. Our kids went to HS with Kristi's daughter...her and Tom are locals to me. They are great parents, excellent neighbors and cutting edge business people.

Anyone that finds a way to criticize them, personally or professionally should be discounted. Great people and excellent traders, period.

-Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,947
Thanks Received: 921

wldman View Post
@root

I know Tom, Scott and Tony. Tony was still on the floor when I was there. ALL of their educational commentary is 100% consistent and legit. Folks might trade differently, but those guys are top notch. Our kids went to HS with Kristi's daughter...her and Tom are locals to me. They are great parents, excellent neighbors and cutting edge business people.

Anyone that finds a way to criticize them, personally or professionally should be discounted. Great people and excellent traders, period.

-Dan

Yes I watched those guys for daily almost a year and did very well with my account at Tasty. I don't even know why I stopped. Good people and great traders indeed.

And Welcome Root.
K

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
JChm
Warsaw, Poland

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello Traders!

My name is Jacob and i'm from Poland. I'm part time Economy student and i'm about to get my master degree. Currently i'm working as a backoffice agent in big clothing brand but soon i'm leaving it for running my own IT business.

My trading career started 4 years ago with forex and cfds. I was doing it only as a hobby and additional income (i had some falls, but also a lot of great highlights and in general i'm in big green). This year i decided to start day trading and being entrepreneur on my own. I will try to get funded by one of proprietary trading companies and hopefully share happy story on this wonderful forum.

Thanks for email Big Mike!
It's nice to be here

Thanked by:
leviperry
Waterville, ME

Thanks Given: 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been passionate about trading ever since I was 14. Over the years, I’ve researched different methods on and off, but recently I really want to dig into the community and talk with different traders, learn from them. I started a cryptocurrency blog and my goal is to see what people think about the difference between traditional investing and crypto investing.

We’ve grown up thinking investing is just about the stock market but it’s evolving to adopt a new form of finance. Even though crypto is over a decade old, it’s still considered a relatively new type of investment and trade mechanism.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from this community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanked by:
 Coolbreeze32 
Decatur, GA US

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 14

Hello All,
I'm fairly new here and still fairly new to trading. I tried Forex a few years back, and then joined a Forex MLM. Neither one really worked out, but it taught me that I didn't want to do trading. Around this same time, I started looking into trading penny stocks, but didn't move forward.

Fast forward to this year, I was introduced to Futures trading and some of the advantages of this over Forex. I've also started looking at Small Cap trading.

Yes, I'm all over the place. Part of my issue is that I very interested when I'm introduced to it, but find it hard to get really good info to get started. I've read a few books and looked at 100s of videos, but still having trouble finding useful info. This isn't to say it isn't good, but it hasn't helped.

At any rate, I'm hear to learn what I can and hopefully help others. I'll probably join the Elite Circle this month.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ckasapa 
New York +NY/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradovate
Trading: Emini ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 2

Hi everybody,

I am new to trading, not so young and look forward to learn ahd share with the community.
I am grateful for the ideas shared and also I hope I will contribute and share from my side as I learn.
Nice to be here.

Tradenator 
Victoria, Canada

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Amp Futures
Trading: Crude CL, Emini ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 9

Hello all!

I am excited to have joined this wonderful community. Over the last year I have had a few of my questions answered just by reading posts on this website. Today, after searching through the forums for some information again, I decided that I wanted to join in on the fun!

I started playing around with trading when I was 18, putting money in long term investments like Disney, Tesla, etc. I made really good money over the years, so I decided that I should try my hand at day trading. So about a year and a half ago I sat down and started learning, as well as trading... no patients, no profits haha. So now I am in simulation, trading mainly crude oil, and sometimes the ES. I am up this month, and I believe I am on the verge of being profitable. I finally had an paradigm shift, and realized there are amazing set ups literally every single day, I just have to wait for those moments!

Anyways, I am really happy to be able to be a part of this community. Thanks all, hope to talk soon.

Tradenator

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

ckasapa View Post
Hi everybody,

I am new to trading, not so young and look forward to learn ahd share with the community.
I am grateful for the ideas shared and also I hope I will contribute and share from my side as I learn.
Nice to be here.

Welcome! Dive right in, you'll find lots of friendly folks here.

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
LaserChicken
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 9

Hi guys, I registered here a little while ago but only came back recently! I am very much an amateur trader in the process of developing my overall workflow, I have been studying the game for around 18 months total now. I was introduced to trading initially from my interest in Bitcoin. I have learned to trade exclusively on Crypto based products (mainly BitMEXs XBT/USD Perpetual Swap which does around $6 billion in volume daily, it's the most liquid contract in crypto).

I am a big fan of Auction Market Theory and the main tools I use are Market Profile, VWAP and Price action, with some support from my (limited) orderflow skills for which I use a Footprint chart and Cumulative Delta.

It looks like there is a tonne of great content on here so look forward to diving into that!

turbochicken
Sliema, Malta

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

Hello, I've been on/off studying market structure trading for a couple of years now.

I've recently finished some other big projects in my life and can now focus 100% on this. Looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.

Cheers.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts