NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,796 views
    2. thumb_up 12,007 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

iraj8
Turlock + CA/USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi. Been a member for a while, looking forward to learning a lot of great information. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Quixotic 
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Trading: Emini ES, RTY, MES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 17

Hi. I've only been a trader for a year this month. And, I've already learned that it's a challenging profession, but an awesome way of life. And, I'm finally doing something I can really relate to and enjoy.

Recently, I've been trying to leverage my past careers when possible, because why not? I've been: a CAD/Graphics designer, an independent PC Support Guy, a Trainer, a Programmer, and most recently a Project Manager.

When I was getting lost what to do next, I decided to organize my trading world using my PM skills. That really helped me start to feel organized. Obviously, it's not really a project (except maybe the start-up part), but I WAS able to see strategy adoption as an Agile Iterative Event, which has helped me put things into little tabs if nothing else.

First I keep my little ideas cataloged. Then I take an idea and can do an iteration involving research, development, testing and implementation.

I'm hopeful that this new approach, plus the discipline, plus taking the advice I'm hearing on FuturesIO will help me out of my slump.

My best lesson this year has been: Don't re-invent the wheel. Follow the advice you're getting, even when it looks like a lot of work, and you're more likely to be successful. Especially when you're hearing the same advice from many sources.

Lastly, a saying I made up for myself a while back reminds me to hang in there when it's worthwhile:
Everything good is born in pain.

Quixo/Fischer

psp777
Canada

Thanks Given: 0

Hi all,
About 35 years trading. Trading US equities and Emini futures. I'm new to Market profile, TPO. Always learning!
Thanks, psp777

Thanked by:
 mortlightman 
Boca Raton, Fl

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Ninja Trader
Trading: /ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 5

I have been watching for a while am almost ready to be more involved.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,452
Thanks Received: 26,278

mortlightman View Post
I have been watching for a while am almost ready to be more involved.

Good.

No one here bite you.

Most will welcome you. And don't worry about how you look if you start to post. You'll look just like the rest of us.... Working at it and trying to make it all work.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
isaac19
Warri,Nigeria

Thanks Given: 1

HI ALL NEW BUT LEARNING 2YEAR EXPERIENCE TRADING AND GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THE PLATFORM AND READY TO GET INVOLVED

Thanked by:

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

isaac19 View Post
HI ALL NEW BUT LEARNING 2YEAR EXPERIENCE TRADING AND GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THE PLATFORM AND READY TO GET INVOLVED

This is an excellent place to get involved, welcome!

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Reefunit 
Lansdale, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradingview, NT 8.0, TOS
Trading: Crude CL, Gold GC
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 44

Hello All,

I started trading the high flying stocks of 1999, only to blow up my first account at the age of 17. This experience kept me away from stocks for a period of time and started to look into other ventures.

I started to get interested again, when 2007 showed up and I started to see certain actions that hit me straight in the gut and I moved everything to bonds, after seeing the a 13 % decline from the Peak. I got very lucky and I know it, but I was able to save my 401k.

You think I would be smart and buy toward the bottom, but I stayed in bonds pretty much until 2012. I knew I wasn't ready to trade, but I did read several books on portfolio management and have consistently performed well within market conditions, outperforming the SP500 most years. I always feel my luck will run out one day, but managing my accounts this way has worked well for me. I will continue to manage the majority of my money using these methods.

I'm actually in I.T. and specialize in Infrastructure, but I do have a Programming/Scripting Background. I now want open up a futures account and start trading Crude Oil and Gold. I have read "The Logical Trader" and this book resonates with me as Mark Fisher's methods make sense to me. I have tweaked them in a way, using some additional indicators that I have programmed in Trading view.

Feel free to message me about anything Markets or I.T in particular. All Feedback, comments and helpful advice are welcome.

Ty199
Joplin, Mo. Jasper

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 47

Hello, I have been trading for almost 4 years. Just started in the Futures Markets. I cant say I am a consistence trader. Looking to actually learn and be full time. I would say I have been behind the screen learning to trade for more than 300 hours. That is just learning. I still have not figured it out to be profitable. I need to work on all aspects of my trading so I am still searching for what works for me. I figure if I follow the experts I will pick up on something soon. But glad to have a forum like. Never knew there was one that had alot of people willing to help. Glad I found it.

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

Reefunit View Post
Hello All,

I started trading the high flying stocks of 1999, only to blow up my first account at the age of 17. This experience kept me away from stocks for a period of time and started to look into other ventures.

I started to get interested again, when 2007 showed up and I started to see certain actions that hit me straight in the gut and I moved everything to bonds, after seeing the a 13 % decline from the Peak. I got very lucky and I know it, but I was able to save my 401k.

You think I would be smart and buy toward the bottom, but I stayed in bonds pretty much until 2012. I knew I wasn't ready to trade, but I did read several books on portfolio management and have consistently performed well within market conditions, outperforming the SP500 most years. I always feel my luck will run out one day, but managing my accounts this way has worked well for me. I will continue to manage the majority of my money using these methods.

I'm actually in I.T. and specialize in Infrastructure, but I do have a Programming/Scripting Background. I now want open up a futures account and start trading Crude Oil and Gold. I have read "The Logical Trader" and this book resonates with me as Mark Fisher's methods make sense to me. I have tweaked them in a way, using some additional indicators that I have programmed in Trading view.

Feel free to message me about anything Markets or I.T in particular. All Feedback, comments and helpful advice are welcome.

Welcome to the community. Oil and gold are two of the markets I follow and trade so I'll be interested to watch your progress. Best of luck to you!

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts