NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,036 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

AXYLROSE 
Portsmouth UK

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: Crude
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 3

afvetjim View Post
I'm going on 50 years old and I've had several careers. 12 years in the Air Force, 12+ years in Information Systems Technology. 8+ years owner of a pool service company in Texas and finally 3 years long haul trucker.

I have very little trading experience but the idea of day trading for a living has intrigued me for 20+ years. I've owned and own just a few stocks and mutual funds but that's the sum of my experience. I've searched the internet for a day trading training program but all I find are expensive and questionable programs. I have no problem with investing money to gain necessary knowledge for success in day trading but I can't seem to find a program without negative reviews that give me concern. Several posts from this group suggest training programs aren't necessary and that this group provides the necessary foundation to get started. I'm here to test those posts and I pray they are accurate.

I'm hoping this group will provide recommendations on books, programs, tools, etc that will get me on the right path to successful day trading. I'm also hoping to develop a relationship with a full time trader who is looking to mentor an eager trading student.

Both my wife (of 28 years) and I are hoping that this chapter of our lives will provide livable income and travel freedom. We don't desire to be rich but we do want to be successful. My wife is very much interested in trading herself which is always a plus when a couple can do something together.

I'm going to explore the free features for a few days and if I'm not disappointed, I'll probably him the elite group.

Finally, any book recommendations?

Regards,

James

P.S. posting with a phone so please forgive spelling and grammar mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

AXYLROSE 
Portsmouth UK

Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: Crude
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 3

Reading Alexander Elder’s “Trading for a Living” sobered me up to the harsh realities of trading. I’m soaking up all the information I can and being cautious.

taytrader 
baltimore maryland

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hey Everybody,

I been trading for 2 years now. I started trading Forex for a while then transitioned into the futures market. I trade day trade gold and oil. I normally swing trade soybean, wheat and other assets that dont have much intraday action.
I am a part time trader looking to continue to learn as much as possible to make trading my primary source of income.I am happy to be a part of this community and i am welling to share as much information as possible.

Thanks everyone and happy trading

Thanked by:
 xxXXDavidXXxx 
Barcelona Cataluńa/Espańa

Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 1

Hi everyone. I am David and came here to learn more about trading. Regards.

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,887
Thanks Received: 903

xxXXDavidXXxx View Post
Hi everyone. I am David and came here to learn more about trading. Regards.

Welcome David and best of luck.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

NW Trader View Post
I hope you have better luck reading Brooks than I did. There is great information in there but writing is definitely not his forte and I found it a grind to get through the book. I am currently reading The Art and Science of Technical Analysis by Adam Grimes. It, too, has a bunch of useful information and the bonus is that it is a much easier read. Nevertheless, Brooks as well as Livermore, Nison, Mark Douglas and a few others are pretty much required reading for the trader.

I am also on my second or third go-around but this is the first time I have applied the time and effort actually necessary to make progress. Best of luck to you!

"The Complete Trading Course" by Corey Rosenbloom seems to be a pretty good book. I am only about 1/4 of the way through it, but picking up a lot of helpful info.

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

taytrader View Post
Hey Everybody,

I been trading for 2 years now. I started trading Forex for a while then transitioned into the futures market. I trade day trade gold and oil. I normally swing trade soybean, wheat and other assets that dont have much intraday action.
I am a part time trader looking to continue to learn as much as possible to make trading my primary source of income.I am happy to be a part of this community and i am welling to share as much information as possible.

Thanks everyone and happy trading

Hi Taytrader,
Welcome and best of luck.

K

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

AXYLROSE View Post
Reading Alexander Elder’s “Trading for a Living” sobered me up to the harsh realities of trading. I’m soaking up all the information I can and being cautious.

A classic indeed. Lots of good information. But I also think section 7 ( pages 24-47) is on of the most important part of becoming a successful trader. A must re-read every few months.

K

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

redneck4Christ View Post
"The Complete Trading Course" by Corey Rosenbloom seems to be a pretty good book. I am only about 1/4 of the way through it, but picking up a lot of helpful info.

I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Cavity 
philadelphia pa

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 0

I have been studying Al Brooks price action analysis for the past year, which lead me to this site. I'm excited to have a chance to read about other people's struggles, successes, techniques and plan on contributing my own breakthroughs and tragedies as they happen.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts