NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,245,111 views
    2. thumb_up 12,014 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

PetArn 
Viña del Mar / Chile

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS, Tradingview
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks, Options, Cryptos
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 10

Hi Everyone!
After trying intensively to trade profitably for about a year I decided that it was necessary to get serious about backtesting and research. This in order to reduce psichological stress while trading. I believe that research will be the key to reduce psichological stress and therefore might be as well the key to become profitable.
Hope to have excelent cooperation with the users of this forum.
PetArn

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

mbutprog
London

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi
I'm Matt, starting to think about the possibility of day trading as a serious way to make a living - if only I can find a way to do the total opposite of what I normally do. Perhaps I'll try turning the screen upside down . Seriously though I am interested in the psychology of trading, approaches like mindfulness and enhancing the ability to override reactions to trade more rationally/coolly and less emotionally.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing in whatever way I can.
Matt

Thanked by:
saf248
birmingham,united kindom

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi
Just like to say that ... like many traders out there i have blown up my account many times... The one thing that I realized was that I could never stick to one system ... every time I lose money I would start tweaking the system and some times changing in completely... BIG MISTAKE... I cannot stress enough the need to focus on money management.. How much money your risking . .. NO ONE knows whats going to happen next once your in a trade... so why focus on something you have absolutely no control over ... What you need are CLEAR entry signals,,, and 100 percent focus on where your going to get out if the trade does not go your way. DO NOT MOVE YOUR STOP IF IT STARTS TO GO AGAINST YOU ... that's how I used to blow up my account.... So stick to your rules and do not keep system hopping ..... Happy Trading .....

miguelsady
Teresina, Piaui - Brazil

Thanks Given: 2

Hi community,

My name is Miguel Sady, 21 years old, and I'm from Brazil ( Northeast ).

I'm a Civil Engineering student and I've been trading real money in futures ( Br Index and Dol/Brl) for about 2 months and my overall loss is around $1,000.00 dolars. Right now, I'm looking for more techinical basis and psycological control.

I've never been in a simulator just because I don´t know a good one.
Now I've just finished "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets". Also, I studied the first 2 volumes of YTC Price Action and an Oliver Velez's material ( iFund Trades ).

I want to share that I'm disapointed with myself. I'm feeling stuck and with a poor money management.

My goal now is to find new materials do study and start over.

Soon I will become an Elite Member.

Thank You all.

pad6 
Napa, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tws, ToS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Crude, forex, options
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 3

Hey there !

First of all thanks to the forum ! I started trading a few shares and studying on my own a few years ago and I am still very interested in learning the different techniques of the trading arena.

Because my job can be demanding I decided that the best was to operate forex in a swing trading approach. I use price action in large timeframes like 1 day, so I can check my platform once a day and still be profitable and have a peace of mind.

In demo, being constantly profitable in scalping (forex, minidow...) and master options (on futures and commodities) are my next goals to achieve... No hurry

Looking forward to talk with other traders and share ideas, I live in the Rioja region in Spain and I travel a lot too.

Cheers

Thanked by:

casey44 
Louisville KY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: micros
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,055
Thanks Received: 311

Eriz11 View Post
Hi Futures.io community, I'm Eriz, from the basque country in Spain. Our aim is to somehow put the algorithmic trading world nearer for the people.

In our project, we have the commitment to make Spanish people more aware about that they have to take the reins of their investment capital. Not necessarily putting 3 years of their work in knowing technicals or fundamentals, but putting effort on searching and wanting that their investment capital doesn't work more for the big firms than for them.

In the USA and other countries, this ideology is more adapted and known. In our case, we are vastly ignorant about these.

Eriz

@Eriz11, given what you said above about your project, might be of value to look into https://www.tastyworks.com/
and tastytrade dot com as Tom Sosnoff and his crew practice that same philosophy.
(I'd also recommend googling Sosnoff's experience if you've not heard of him) Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Eriz11
Madrid Spain

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

(As I'm not able to post quotes yet, I hope that you can read this!)

Thanks Casey!

I didn't know about him until now but I will sure look for what he is doing. A clear collaboration so that people from here can see that in other countries are more concern and that there are people involved in this "acknowledging" process could give some more insight and value.

Best,

Thanked by:
Enki
España

Thanks Given: 30

Hello community,

Well just tell you that I have come here through a website that teaches the method of Richard Wyckoff, I like it a lot and it makes a lot of sense.

I have spent 7 months studying all kinds of information that is useful to find the operative style. I use Metatrader4 but I see that NinjaTrader is a more complete tool (for the moment I am in demo learning its operation).

I made the mistake of entering real with a platform that advertises on Facebook and lost 600 €, this helped me a lot to rethink all the knowledge and start from scratch, with my account management to find consistency in the market.

I am from Spain and I have a long way to study, so just tell them that I am excited to participate in the forum and contribute things of value to the community as well as being grateful to all those who help me.

Greetings to all.

Thanked by:
Enki
España

Thanks Given: 30

Enki View Post
Hello community,

Well just tell you that I have come here through a website that teaches the method of Richard Wyckoff, I like it a lot and it makes a lot of sense.

I have spent 7 months studying all kinds of information that is useful to find the operative style. I use Metatrader4 but I see that NinjaTrader is a more complete tool (for the moment I am in demo learning its operation).

I made the mistake of entering real with a platform that advertises on Facebook and lost 600 €, this helped me a lot to rethink all the knowledge and start from scratch, with my account management to find consistency in the market.

I am from Spain and I have a long way to study, so just tell them that I am excited to participate in the forum and contribute things of value to the community as well as being grateful to all those who help me.

Greetings to all.

Hello again to all, I take the opportunity to respond to a private message I have received but it is impossible for me to respond until I have exceeded 5 messages by forum regulations. The aforementioned method explains the accumulation and distribution of the price, there are wyckoff laws where it clearly explains the cause and effect of market movements, I do not know much but you sure put on the internet and find all kinds of interesting information. Greetings

Pd: I use google translator, I apologize if I do not express myself clearly or there is a fault.

Scottie
Tok Alaska

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I'm new to Trading kind of...Started back in 2012 and missed a few big windfalls 30K on Yelp and another Penny Stock No name(Tagg) for 50,000 shares at .47Cents that I Bought at .02 cents Any Way and was really upset kinda gave it up and then decided to really see what all of it was about. So I started trading with papermoney on Tos this last Feb 2017. Started a Real account in May and have been looking at all the ways to Trade. So many LoL but have been interested in trading options. I'm new to it so have been spending hundreds of hours online learning all I can, made some good and some not so good decisions, and when I lose I go back and review what happen and why. Just the other day I bailed out on thursday on Amazon and had two hundred shares right before noon and as soon as it closed it Gap jumped 86 dollars. I had wondered all day why the hell The Calls were Way ahead of the Puts but still the price was getting pushed down hard, Right after I bailed I found out what was going on LoL Then On Friday Morning the price was down about 26 dollars or so to around 1065 or so and I got back in with one call for 90 dollars and wasn't even paying much attention(Too much late night studying) Mad a few hundred in about 25 minutes and bailed out again????? Price went on to go up another 60++ Dollars to around 1123 or 1127 cant remember???? Anyway Cost me a Big Bank Roll in Profits What an Idiot had a lock on big profits$$$ and and pretty much threw them out the window. Tried to make up for my losses after being upset and lost more....Since last Friday I have calmed down from losing and have been determined to make good on learning all I can about Trading This Site has some good tools and info on different things and I look forward to sharing and learning all I can from this Group of people. I'm new to the Programming on these sites but when I find a program that looks good and I take those ideas and experiment with my own by dissecting them and seeing how they work So when I come up with something that seem to work well I will post it on here for all of You. Thanks Again for a Great Board and some Awesome Tools....Will Chat again Soon

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts