NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,247,273 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

MKDU
Detroit MI/USA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi all. I appreciate this forum. I am a small time trader getting started using Micros on ThinkorSwim. I like that Futures trade overnight because I work during the day. I am looking forward to reading about the experiences of other traders on this site.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

FutureQuest
Des Moines, Iowa

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 1

Hi, I am new in this forum. I am here because of a google search wherein I was looking for optimal trading strategies for larger accounts. You see small account advice everywhere. I found a person on this forum asking my same question but had to sign up to read all the replies. I went back to try to find that post, but haven't found it yet. Anyway, while I'm here, thanks for creating the forum and I hope I can have some good exchanges with other traders. I have traded off and on for about 20 years, but working full-time, didn't have time to dedicate to it. Now, I have been laid off from work and am studying trading in earnest to see if I can make a living with it. I originally used to scalp, daytrade, swing trade stocks, trading very small and very often. Did well until family members made fun of me taking such tiny trades and convinced me I needed to join them in investing in a certain stock they all said they did their DD on. Each dip, they piled into this stock. One family member was up over 1 million. Anyway, it was a pump and dump and I rode it into the ground, as did they. Had I stuck to my guns and not let their ridicule affect me....who knows I was doing fine with my tiny bites! A few years ago started trading again, doing well...about 50,000 up. Just swing and day trading. Then I had a "brilliant" idea! PCG was going bankrupt....why not short it down to nothing, I thought. Took a large short position, was called to see a patient, came back and the stock had doubled in just a couple minutes! AND The maintenance requirement suddenly went to 100%! I had close the trade with 100,000 loss! I didn't trade after that, until recently. If I hadn't taken that big short position, something I had never done before, had I stuck with my small scalps, swings and day trades...I was doing fine. I've been in Raging Bull services about a year, without really getting into it until Covid stay-home orders. Lately, in addition to swings I've started selling options. It is less risky, more predictable and less stressful than trading stocks. But the credits are limited. So far it seems I could live off of the credits, but may not be able to really grow the account this way. Anyway, that's me. Best to everyone. Hope I can find that thread I was looking for!
FutureQuest

Thanked by:
 crash2077 
calgary alberta/canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Jigsaw
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 4

Been in the markets since 2006. Started my day trading career in 2007 and the market ended it for me by mid-2008. First blow up but it was an important lesson. I've become more of an active trader in recent years and I'm glad I came across this community. Looking forward to gaining some of the knowledge that is shared here.

Thanked by:
DLX2021
San Diego, California

Thanks Given: 1

Don 't trust my emotions - write my own trading algos in easy language and trade teh eminis -- I trust teh computer more TEMPthan myself. Although, they aren't perfect, they usually do wat their told - much unlike teh women I know ... BTW - I'm new to this site... Appears to offer a lot ...

Thanked by:
rajeshu
Austin, TX, USA

Hi,

I work in IT and started trading stocks on RobinHood in 2017, lost quite a bit but last 2 months recovered my loses with a bit of profit This all due to day trading and thought of automating it.

Thanks to Big Mike for creating a community around trading and updating it, looking forward on contributing and getting help

Thanked by:
Taurus1
Siebnen

Thanks Given: 0

Hello,

I recently start my way to trading, first traying to trading only from chart, than I have seen that there is something bigger behind charts and I decided to start learning the order flow.

Now I am still in the process of learning and hope to get experience from other trader of the community and I will be also glad to share my view and ideas.

Best regards.

Thanked by:
DanielB
Accra+Ghana

Thanks Given: 0

I am really glad to be here
I trade orderflow and hoping the indicators would be of help
Demand and supply is my thing

Thanked by:
toshi
Chiba city, Japan

Thanks Given: 9

Thank you so much for the add, Big Mike, glad to be part of the team.

Hi All, I hope you are doing well with your trades and health.
My dream to become a trader started 10 years ago than, and began trading Crypto in 2017 but with unfavorable results due to my lack of knowledge and experience.
I am currently learning more about ADX, Bollinger bands, Ichimoku C. and backtesting/APPLYING its usage, as well as Volume profile and price action.

Looking forward to learning from all of you how to become a good trader and let me know if I can be of your help.

Thank you
Sincerely
Toshi

Thanked by:
 Logical25 
EAST MEADOW

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES MIni

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to learn and one day make money from trading futures. I have to be honest and feel like my head is going to explode. I've read several posts here and have watched many videos on youtube. I know many say that you don't need a course and that the learning curve is steep taking over a year, which is fine so long as I'm making progress on my knowledge and apply what I learn. However I really feel lost and before I go and take a trading course, the person that introduced me to futures has a course where he trades with you he says but it's a 25K investment, I thought it was a better investment at this time to become an elite member here and go through all the content provided. Praying I made the right choice. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to being learning and being part of this community.

- Manny

Thanked by:
 prutrader 
Guwahati india

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: stocks, index futures
Thanks Given: 59

Hi Everyone,

I am a part time trader since 2003. I generally do postional trading in stocks and occassionally trade index future and options. I consider myself lucky to have survived in the market for last 17 years through ups and downs. I have had issues with booking profits in past. which i still face sometimes. This may be a sort of self sabotage issue which i am addressing currently. I have found that most of my mistakes can be traced back to self sabotage. I generally take a technofundamental approach in stock trading and do swing trading/positional.I have been profitable/successful in my positional trades . but in intraday i am facing some psychological issues.

I am looking forward to learn and improve my trading from the community and also contribute to other as per my capacity.

Warm regards ,

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts