NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,247,075 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Introduce yourself here!

Rufftrada
belleville

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone my name is Oscar aka Rufftrada hoping to change username to Eztrada haha new to furtures have been trading live for a month now at a little below BE sticking it out here for some support and to exchange strategies thanks.

Rufftrada

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management

MrJD 
Gold Coast

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: EdgeClear Denali
Trading: Micro ES/GC/CL
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 2

Morning/Evening all, just thought I'd introduce myself here, a futures trader from the Gold Coast in Australia. Been at it now for about 2 years, been trading live with the micros just for practice.

Going pretty well , discipline seems to be the hardest skill for me to learn so far but rules were made and not broken. Also studying with Tradepro Academy, very decent place for a new beginner.

Cheers, have a good one.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

natgasguy
Houston

Thanks Given: 1

Thanks for putting in the time to keep this awesome community going Mike!

I joined because I realized that there is so much more to learn out there. I am an alumnus of the CBOT, CME, CSCE and NYMEX which makes me a dinosaur. I began my trading career in FX arbitrage which led me to energy. I'm currently trading ES mostly.

Best regards,

Michael

Thanked by:

fab200819
Somerset

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 4

Hi all and sundry

Traded a bit in the last few years 50quid ere and there,
I have now come across audacity funded trader.
Has anyone any advise or options on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

Hello fellow traders. I have been studying trading since 2014. From day one it was where was this my whole life?... THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO! For me it was the puzzle. I study and still do like no one Ive ever met.
I started sim trading futures, thankfully, as I blew up sim account after sim account. I started actually trading in 2015 and like everyone I blew up account after account at tens of thousands each round in a never ending search for some kind of system. I tried learning code and spent years writing strategies with Tradestation. Would not go that route again. Would learn Python. I don't code anymore anyway...

My first real trading account was stocks. Blown in a few months trying to catch micro stocks with favorable situations ready for a move. Next... penny stocks. No idea what I was doing. Lost all in a matter of days. Constantly putting more in and losing it in a matter of days.

Hey look forex...

Forex. Lost everything faster than ever before. I trade ALOT!!! The spread would destroy me even if I had a profitable strategy. The more I lost the more I hunkered down... the more I lost.
Oh what the hell... there goes ANOTHER three months OF REAL WORK in an afternoon of trading.

Fast forward... eliminate every barrier that stops me from trading comfortably... needs liquidity... needs to be leveraged... need system... need good broker... software... ect... sim sim sim... not only to learn but to feel the experience of executing a trade perfectly.

I have studied probably EVERY SINGLE DAY since that first book back in 2014 and probably will for the rest of my life.

I LOVE TRADING. Its part of me now.

I have a profitable system that works for me. I would not suggest anyone ever trade the way I do but seeing as Im profitable Im going to post my Journal here as people tell other people NOT to trade like me... or like that... or to trade you have to do it this way... yet Im profitable... for now at least so well see.

Hope you like my posts. Please comment or ask questions. Id love to answer or receive feedback. Theres NO secrets... NO dumb questions and NO bad PROFITABLE trading strategies.

As a side note... My Setup will freak most traders out. I use heikin-ashi charts. I do not use indicators on my charts other than a volatility stop and its only used like a moving average. The only other indicator I use is a 7 and 21 ATR in a small chart below used to gauge strength and weakness.

Good trading to all.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Charpy 
Oregon

Experience: Beginner
Platform: thinkorswim
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 12

Hello,

I'm sorta new to trading... been dabbling with my account for 20+ years through investing, and not really knowing what I'm doing, HOWEVER, never have done day trading per se. Since the end of Dec/ beginning of this year (2020) I've set out to learn how I can make a living doing this. I related to one guy who posted something on here, Richc I think, saw his earlier posts from 2011 and was inspired because he's still on here!! That is something I look at when I'm looking at posts! ha!! Anyhow, I want to make this work, not so much for me, but for my family. My two youngest kids are almost grown, oldest is in college, and I want to spend more time with them and less time at my crappy job.

So, I did what every new trader does, flailed around, looked at a million different chatrooms, read books, watched lots of YouTube videos, etc. Then, got an account opened at TDAmeritrade so I could practice on their ThinkorSwim platform. The platform was VERY hard for me to figure out. I struggled to learn it. I'm older so technology doesn't come easy. So I tried trading stocks and tried to do what the day traders in the different chatrooms I joined suggested, but tbh, following all the stocks was overwhelming me. Then I tried futures and lost a bunch the first day, nixed those techniques and tried scalping smaller bits and found it possible. Now, I haven't tried with my own money yet, but having found a technique that has worked a few days now, I'm inspired more than anything. I know a few days is nothing, but after flailing for months and seeing my numbers finally turn around, I'm definitely motivated more than ever. I'm sure you all know that feeling.

I'm not good at learning different platforms, struggled with ThinkorSwim for about a month, so I hesitate to try something new bc I'm a creature of habit. But I'm going to try to find a cheaper platform (possibly), but wonder who is using ThinkorSwim and why you are where you are? I've not seen too much on here about ThinkorSwim, so I might consider something better. The Active Trader thing is kinda cool. I know that they charge $25 per wire, which I guess isn't too much if you only do it a couple times a month. The commissions are crazy but... it is what it is. Is everyone about the same price as TDAmeritrade? Anyhow, I'm super excited to hear what you all have to say. I look forward to learning from you all.

Thanked by:

Pedro Rougon 
Monterrey nuevo leon Mexico

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: multicharts.Net64
Broker: AMP
Trading: micro mini dow jones

Hi everyone, I decided to be a trader 3 years ago,at 6 months i opened an account , recently operate micro dow jones,
all my experience is summarized in 3,000 dollars of loss in all that time , Of course I have paid for education, online courses, basic, technical analysis, and volume profile, is what I have been able to afford so far without being able to take anything out of the market

I am clear that I still do not have a trading plan, or at least not a good one,
I use volume profile, vertical volume, and operate the breakdowns of the initial range. I have come to believe that this community will give me the clues to achieve my goal,

Thanked by:

thecob
Surrey B.C. Canada

Hello all, thank you Mike for the welcome. I am very much a novice trader. A number of years ago, I was introduced to binary options by a friend. Suffice to say, I lost quite a bit of money due to a number of factors, not least, my gullibility and chicanery on the part of the broker. However, it piqued my interest in the markets and trading, I follow some traders on Twitter, and reading trading books when I can. Stumbled upon this site and I am looking forward to learning more here! Thanks again,
Gord

Thanked by:

Jmingo1
Charlotte + NC/USA

Big Mike,
Thanks so much for the introduction. I hope to learn a lot, become successful in this market and help others.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	355C2D66-340E-4FB6-BCB3-B2461330DCA9.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	838.7 KB
ID:	299870  
Thanked by:

PieFonta
Torino

Thanks Given: 0

Hi people,
i'm Pietro Fontana, i never think about trading since 3 years ago when i had a talk with a friend that was doing some investment in fund and etf. I was immediately fascinated but decided to start with different approach, using algo trading since i had a basic programming skill.

I started with ProRealTime with IG on CFD and moved to MT4, but i was not successful, so last year i decided to buy some serious formation and this improved my trading systems, but i'm far to be really consistent and successful on CFD, so I start to look at futures because now is possible to trade with small lot until i got the confidence to increase trade size.

So i found this interesting site in which i hope to learn more and eventually give my contribute.

Happy and good trading to anyone.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts