NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,241,061 views
    2. thumb_up 12,007 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

GrizzX
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 4

Hi Everyone!

Just curious, most people here trade with NT as their main platform?
If so, you paid for the lifetime fee or are you using the free version (loaded with all the indicators you want) and doing the actual trading with another platform?

Thanks!!
Grizzx

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
dankman528
Minneapolis

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

I personally got the lifetime license. That enables market profile data as well as bringing the commissions down.

Thanked by:

livelearnRepeat 
Cooperstown, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone, total beginner here. My name is Peter and I'm very excited to keep progressing. Just learning the basics and doing some sim trading. Looking to move some real $ soon. Want to learn the right way and trying to be extra patient absorbing all I can. Appreciate all this forum offers and everyone's advice! Glad to be here!

Thanked by:
tonybravo
canada

Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 21

New to the forums. There seems to be a wealth of information here.

Have traded in stocks and options for many years. Dipping my toe into the futures markets. Hoping to learn from the veteran members here.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
koti813
Roanoke, VA

Thanks Given: 0

Hi guys,

I am Koti, i am an experienced stock trader but new to futures.I want to learn more about futures and grow with you guys.
Can some one suggest me DOM free trials if any for looking at Emini ES.

Thanks & Regards
Koti

Thanked by:
RnDMn
barcelona spain

Thanks Given: 6

Hi everyone and greetings from Barcelona,

I've ocasionally traded spanish stocks and bitcoin over the past few years. Recently I decided to give the trading universe a bit more in depth exploration, so the futures markets caught my attention.

I've decided to focus for now on the micro E-mini futures. I'm also investing time to read all I can find interesting, and opened a couple of demo accounts to try some platforms. So far Metatrader 5 and NinjaTrader 8 both seem pretty good platforms for what I believe now would be my needs.

So I plan to continue absorving knowledge about brokers, fees, comissions, platforms, strategies and so on for a while, and was hoping that I could use this forum. Maybe some day I will be able to contribute in some way as well

Cheers!

Thanked by:
frank25
New york

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 4

Hello All,

My name is Frank. I am an independent stock day trader. My preferred style is scalping and i have been doing this full time for 1 year. Lately one of my good friends introduced to me the idea of trading micro e-mini S&P 500 index futures and the advantages of trading this vs stocks and i have to tell you i am really in love with it. I have started reading about it a bit and also kind of watching the daily chart action just to get a feel for how it trades. Now since i have a stock trading background i would like to mention a few things here that i use to conduct my stock trades and i would like to know your opinion if these elements are necessary in futures trading.

Now i am mainly a price action trader, I trade the 1 minute and 5 minute charts, use volume for confirmations and also level 2 data.
When i tested forex trading i didnt have to use volume since there is no volume reported for currency trading because there is no central clearing of fx trades, as yet. No level 2 either.

Now when it comes to futures, is volume important here? does it work the same as stocks? is level 2 data effective in futures? Or the best course of action here is to remove everything and just use price action. Also i have seen some people on youtube that use tick charts (2000 tick etc) to trade futures. Is this the only recommended way to trade futures or can i just use the 5 minute time frame candle stick chart to trade futures? I mentioned the 5 minute time frame because this is what i am familiar in stock trading. Now i know that these are two different things and if i choose to go this way, trading the 5 minute time frame on stocks might be much different in futures and i may have to do some adjusting.

Please some help on clearing some of my uncertainties above would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Best,
Frank

Thanked by:
 UC Trading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 9

Hi everybody,

short intro about myself.. I'm Alexander and after successfully finalising my master studies I have occupied various positions in the area of private banking such as wealth management, portfolio management and management support. In the course of those positions I also was in frequent contact with the bank's active trading desk where I got an inside to futures trading from a professional perspective. Later, I also took part in an advanced futures trading education and, consequently, became a full time trader.

My preferred tools are candle sticks, order flow, volume profile and market profile respectively TPO chart.

I am writing under the name UC Trading and hope to deliver some value to the community and am always happy to support and answer your trading related questions.

There are several ways to become a successful trader - find yours and make the best out of it.

Wish you all good trades!

Best regards,
Alexander

Thanked by:
DubaiTrader
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 29

Hi Mike and All,
I'm trading from Dubai, for almost 10years.
Futures, Currencies and Stocks.

Looking forward to share and learn from each other.

Cheers
Sam

MartinLmpidCom
Dresden, Germany

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hello everybody,

I am Martin from Germany.

I am a trader and 3rd part NinjaTrader 8 programmer.

I'm around here
- to exchange ideas with other traders
- to improve my trading
- to help other traders with my service to automate their trading

I look forward to interesting discussions!

Best regards
Martin

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts