NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,247,075 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

jcvfuturestrader 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Finamark
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone. I've been trading for a few years. Blown a few accounts and did a few trading combines. Got funded once, but lost it due to bad decisions. Set up my own LLC to make it legit. I work full time and trade part time. Currently trying to get funded again with Earn2Trade. Hope to learn a lot here!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

kerity
brussels, belgium

Thanks Given: 2

Hi Everybody,

My name is François, i have 39 years old, living in belgium. I manage a stock portofolio since about 7 years and i decided to start a future trading account using only short strategies to edge actively my portofolio. Currently it is working fine due to market conditions I use mainly volume profile but i am still searching my style.

François,

Thanked by:

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

Hi y'all! I am currently semi-retired from the product and tool design industry, but during the late 80's I was briefly a "commodity broker." I worked for a large retail stock brokerage firm under the tutelage of the office's lone commodities broker. Basically, I was a bird dog, cold-calling to bring him clients. My job was to bring in "followers" to introduce potential clients to his successful trading. As my book of followers grew it got increasingly time-consuming to call them, to announce every trade entry he did for his managed account clients. Then, to call them again an hour later when he got stopped out.... ugh. During the 3 months I worked for him I don't think he had a single winning trade. He was extremely disciplined. The problem was that the markets had become choppy and he was still trading the same strat that previously made him successful.

Nevertheless, he taught me the basics of technical analysis and I was in love. It just made sense to me. We used to joke, "if you want to lose money, trade equities." Unfortunately, at that time, I couldn't continue working in the biz. The only other firms around that would hire me were disreputable chop houses.

A few years later, when eSignal came out, I tried my hand at day-trading equities. I don't think futures were available at the time for trading from home without a huge investment I didn't have. Anyway. I was doing okay. One day, I decided to short Lycos stock and got caught in a short-squeeze. Several margin calls later and credit card charges, I was able to leverage that loss into a nice tax deduction for the next seven years. I lost about US 30k. The very next day after closing out my position, the stock plummeted and I would have made a nice score! I swore off trading until just recently. Older and wiser, I recognize my error with Lycos and the need for managing risk. Now, I'm nearly ready to trade futures.

I have been paper-trading full time for 2 months. A month ago, I purchased NinjaTrader and set up an account with them. I've dabbled in software development and really enjoy their platform. I have been writing my own strategies and indicators as ideas come to mine. Anyway... I'm really excited to be here.

Thanked by:
HappyOne
Atlanta, GA

Thanks Given: 1

Hi, I'm new to futures trading - trading the ES and NQ intraday and scanning for entries in the 8 am to 10:30 am ST timeframe. I've been practice trading for awhile focusing on learning about risk management and what indicators are the most usable as it relates to risk management. As a result I've begun using market profile. It is easier for me to see price extremes and where to set the stop loss. If I misinterpret trend direction, I'm out pretty quickly with minimal damage and can adjust my entry point.
Any knowledge sharing of market profile and TPO is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

elnino999
Lincoln Nebraska

Hey guys. I'm 28 and reside in Central Nebraska. I'm looking to trade strictly the E Mini NASDAQ. I'll start with micros until I can graduate to the E mini's. I hold a bachelors degree in anthropology. After college I eneded up working for an aviation company ( I know, completely unrelated.) I hated what I was doing and I'm now currently back living with the parents. My goal is to eventually trade full time. I'm currently paper trading the micros for a month or two and have been studying the markets and trading strategies for the past year and a half. Cheers!

CaseyMc
Monterey, CA, USA

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 6

Hello All,

42 yrs old newish trader from Monterey, CA. I've been struck with a vicious passion and appetite to learn all things trading the past 6 months. I'm sure I'm not unique given what seems to be a theme the past few years with the explosion in new traders. The markets are all new to me, more or less when compared to most retail investors/traders. I've spent 4-8 hours each day for months studying and learned enough to know I need to take this slow, sit on my hands a bunch and don't risk real capital until it's appropriate. I've been trading /ES on NinjaTrader trying to learn. At this point I need to focus on developing a specific strategy along with solid risk management.

I stumbled across this forum and am excited to learn and share with other like minded understanding traders.

In gratitude,
Casey

Thanked by:
S10Blazer
Sarasota Florida

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 5

Starting trading in 1995 after buying Ken Robert's Most Powerful Money Manual and Course. Had to use Investors Business Daily charts back then. On Thursday they had a page full of daily charts. Probably thirty or more derivatives. Commodities, Bonds, Equity Indices, and Currencies. I'd call the broker pre-open and place an options call. Lots of adrenaline when the Deutsche Mark quadrupled in 2 hours or when on vacation my Pork Belly long call went limit down against me 3 days straight. Ah to be young again.

It took me 25 trading years to accept the fact that static trading rules are only suggestions in a dynamic market environment.

The only constant is change and when I thought I had it all figured out the market context or technology would throw me a black swan.

I'm here because just maybe this old dog can learn a few tricks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S10Blazer.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	322572  
Thanked by:
hr719
jackson mississippi

Thanks Received: 4

Harry here. Been trading futures for about 2 years now. Prefer NQ and been loving the price action latley. I'm here to learn and take in all the knowledge

Thanked by:
priceactionhero
Humacao, Puerto Rico

My name is Shawn. I'm a full-time options trader. I trade for myself as well as a few select qualified investors.

Futures has my attention, but it's dramatically different from how I trade options.

As my name implies, I focus purely on price action and keep indicators to a minimum.

I'm currently running an $300k Evaluation account with Apex Trading.

My struggle is my fear and indecisiveness. I moved from 15 contracts to 5 contracts on ES as I found it wasn't so nail biting for me.

Currently, I've been trading two legged pull back traps.

Not a fan of the existing risk/reward required for scalping. So I am looking to put together a trading plan that's more conducive to my emotional state when trading.

Thanked by:
 TonyDee 
Richmond VA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 10

Good morning, all. Tony D here. I'm retiring in a few months and been trading for over a year. Looking to hone my skills so that when I retire, I can shift to trading a couple of hours / day to keep my mind active. I also am looking to get funded through one of the more reputable prop firms.

Tony D

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts