NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,234,586 views
    2. thumb_up 12,002 thanks given
    3. group 6,317 followers
    1. forum 10,643 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Vale Zaragoza
16400 SPAIN

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 8

Hi,

i am a trader from Spain. been dabbling with NinjaTrader8.

Hope to learn from you!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
phaedrus
Santa Rosa, California/usa

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone! I've been trading for about 10 years now. I've traded stocks, options, and futures, and have learned a lot.
I've also made a lot of mistakes, but decided to focus on futures. I love short term trades, volatility and big gains. Hoping to learn more here, gain control of my emotions and decision making, and turn trading into a profitable part of my life.

Thanked by:
Mementomori
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hey everyone!

I'm considering making futures trading my career. I've been using TD Ameritrade and Tradovate to paper trade and figure out my edge. I hope this site helps me make it happen!

Thanked by:

Palais Brongniart 
Paris France + Dresden Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 200

Mementomori View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm considering making futures trading my career. I've been using TD Ameritrade and Tradovate to paper trade and figure out my edge. I hope this site helps me make it happen!

First change your name. It is all about believing in yourself and self-conception. Your forum name has an impact on your subconscious

I don't explain my charts. If you like to follow my trades, look for these lines.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

Most people think that if they had the perfect methodology that told them exactly where to enter and where to exit the market it would solve all of their problems.

That is just another form of self deception. The best methodology in the world will not work unless you have the mental training and experience necessary to cope with and function in an environment of uncertainty.

Being a trader in these markets is 80% psychology and 20% methodology. These skills can be self-taught with rigorous self learning but they cannot be practiced without trading the market live. The only way to get experience trading the market under market conditions is to trade with a live account.

Learn your money management and discipline lessons first and then go from there. If you can keep your losses small enough to where you can just keep trading and keep learning you will eventually encounter all of the obstacles that keep you from being a successful trader.

Most of the books from Wiley publishing are good but I like Mark Douglas in particular and there are plenty of others that are happy to teach psychological aspects of trading these markets.

I have been at it for several months now and my wins and losses are starting to balance out. I am beginning to understand how demand expectations affect my perception of reality. I am also learning how to think in terms of probabilities rather than trying to make predictions about price action. These are concepts that cannot just be learned they have to be experienced and understood through live action participation.

I think ultimately trading the markets can’t be fun and very rewarding but it is way more work than I ever dreamed it would be. I have a book called Mind Hacking Secrets by Bathla and I’m pretty sure that anyone who can do even half of the stuff that is in that small book deserves to make millions of dollars.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 JaysonArcher 
Los Angeles California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

I've been on the forum for almost a year, and became inactive until recently. I started trading about a year and a half ago, and mainly trade ES and RTY. I have traded Crude Oil, and did very well with that. Throughout the course of my trading career, a noticeable trend happens, and I don't know how to fix it. I will gather enough money to start a trading account. I will do very well my first week, making around 50-100% of my account balance, and then lose it all. I've probably blown around 25k in the past year or so. I believe the solution to the problem is not following my own rules, and I'm trying to get better at it. I have been papertrading for the past 3 months and have remained consistently profitable. I am eager to learn more, and would like to turn this passion into a full time career. I would love to hear what you have to say, harsh or not.

Thanked by:

Palais Brongniart 
Paris France + Dresden Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 200

JaysonArcher View Post
I will do very well my first week, making around 50-100% of my account balance, and then lose it all. I've probably blown around 25k in the past year or so. I believe the solution to the problem is not following my own rules, and I'm trying to get better at it.

YOU ARE MAKING 50-100% IN THE FIRST WEEK??????
Then you are losing it all. Makes perfect sense.

I am making on average 30% a year (!) Since many many years without ever having a drawdown year. That brings me into the Top 10% of world hedge funds.

You see the difference?

Maybe you should post your risk parameters for a better understanding. If you prefer via PM.
Or you just admit you go all-in on every trade. Makes sense.

I don't explain my charts. If you like to follow my trades, look for these lines.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

ahollis 
Clinton Township

Platform: Sierra Charts, MT4, TOS
Broker: AMP, Oanda, TD
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 4

Hello,

I joined a couple days ago and forgot to post here Side tracked reading so much good information on these forums.

As for me, I have traded stocks, options, and recently FX the last few years. However, I'm very interested in Futures and I am trying to pick up as much knowledge as I can. This community is extremely knowledgeable.

During the day I am a software engineer working in Law Enforcement/Public Safety. I have been programming "forever". Due to my work schedule, FX and Futures fit my current life style.

That said, I look forward to contributing to the community in anyway that I can ...and, from the looks of it, becoming an Elite member seems inevitable

Cheers.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,475
Thanks Received: 15,367

Welcome @ahollis

Feel free to ask questions as well as make extensive use of the search engine. There's a few advanced search options for the more sophisticated power-user.

Also, given your background, there's a thread about privacy in the digital age, in the Off-Topic section of the forum, which probably would benefit from the point of view of someone working in Law Enforcement, to balance things off a bit. Feel free to stop by!

Thanked by:

ahollis 
Clinton Township

Platform: Sierra Charts, MT4, TOS
Broker: AMP, Oanda, TD
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 4

xplorer View Post
Welcome @ahollis

Feel free to ask questions as well as make extensive use of the search engine. There's a few advanced search options for the more sophisticated power-user.

Also, given your background, there's a thread about privacy in the digital age, in the Off-Topic section of the forum, which probably would benefit from the point of view of someone working in Law Enforcement, to balance things off a bit. Feel free to stop by!

Thank you and will do!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts