NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,246,603 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

JohnnyW
Florida/USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 7

New guy here. I have lost more than many and made more than most. I know severe swings in a portfolio.

Now I prefer to sell options on shit. I rarely trade futures. I don't like know it all asshats. I like winning and burning premium. I make mistakes and take losses. I like booking profits more. I like to make money. Did I say I don't like asshats?

I am always looking to learn and become a better trader. I am looking forward to meeting good traders that also want to learn to earn.

Big Mike View Post
Hi everyone!

Like most day traders, I blew up my account a couple times and lost enough money to make most grown men weep. After I regrouped I started trading with common sense and with control of my emotions.

Later, I decided I wanted a forum to share my ideas as well as learn from others. I created my blog on April 17th, 2009 in order to meet this goal, as well as hold myself accountable for my trades and actions. I wanted a way to be able to lookback and ensure I was following my own advice.

The blog introduced me to a lot of fellow traders, some struggling, some doing exceptionally well. Talking with them everyday has really helped my trading and given me a lot of new ideas as well. In turn, I hope that I have provided them something useful that helps in their trading.

Since the blog did very well I decided to create this forum, and it was born June 11th, 2009. The forum was designed with the specific goal of having a small community of traders focused on making money. There are other sites out there but I never really felt at home with many of them, their userbase is too focused on proving someone wrong instead of trying to help.

You can find some more information about me in my profile.

Tip

After you read this thread and reply with your own introduction, you can find more Beginner articles on how to use this forum here:
https://nexusfi.com/beginners-introductions-tutorials/ and also visit our Wiki Help section here: https://nexusfi.com/help-tutorials-how-tos/

Also, as you are reading the thousands of posts on the forum -- don't forget to use the Thanks button (bottom right of each post) to let the author know his post is appreciated!

Good hunting!

Mike

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

lgix
Somewhere + Australia

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 12

Hi from Down Under!

I started out trading Crypto in 2017.
Went through some big losses because I had no risk management or real plan.
Even when I did have something resembling a plan I often wouldn't take my profits because "100% profit isn't enough".

Stopped trading for a while due to work commitments, while I looked for a way to move into futures trading.
Started again mid 2019, blew up an account trading ES E-Micro, and almost got through a second.
Turns out trading 3 hours a night from market open in the US after a 10 hour work day is apparently unsustainable.
As is having a plan that doesn't really fit your psychology.

I've spent the last 4 months working on my professional development and back testing a new strategy that works better with my psychology, and hours I have available. Recently funded my brokerage account again in preparation to move from SIM to live trading.

Things that are important to me in trading:

- Trade Review and some kind of Professional Development framework to feed that into in order to improve performance over time
- Deliberate Practice
- Orderflow

Welcome to everyone else here, all the best on your path to becoming Consistently Profitable.

Thanked by:
JohnnyW
Florida/USA

New guy here. I think I may have replied once already but I have been drinking too much lately so I'll do this again now that I'm sober.

Joining a new trading forum during covid as the market has been more complex than usual and trading can be isolating. I like what I have read from Mike and why he started this place. Obviously this place focuses on futures but what I like to focus on is psychology and risk management. I rarely trade futures but I occasionally trade options on futures. I like reading and learning what other traders do too.

I've been trading for 25 years or so with the last 10+ being focused on options. Like many here I am constantly trying to become a better trader. We all focus on finding and improving our edge. Early on my goal was to grow my accounts. Now I focus more on preserving capital and generating income. My focus is trading options on SPX, SPY, IWM & QQQ. I also do trade equities.

Thanks for building this site Mike! I have found a few threads on options trades and futures that are very interesting so I will be spending time reading stuff.

Thanks,
Johnny

Thanked by:
yukibear
Bremerton WA/USA

Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone,

Finally getting around to Big Mike's request for self-intro. I am totally new to futures trading. I got big into trading stock options in 2018, but quit until now because I blew up my account after the 2018 election and drop in the market. The money I was trading was supposed to be used for a downpayment on a future home. .

I'm now trying to get back into trading, hopefully with better risk management. Anyway, I am currently studying futures trading and will likely take a dive into the art using my TOS trading platform.

Just curious though, what percent of futures traders on this forum are using what trading platform?

Thanked by:
GemeenAapje
Eindhoven Netherlands

Hello all! New here. Name's Matt and new to trading also

Thanked by:
haggis
FALLS CHURCH

Thanks for the introduction and welcome.
I also have lost lots and am trying to stay focused to trade better.
I am sure i will learn a lot here.

Haggis

Thanked by:
 pipextract 
Roseville CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: Futures NQ ES RTY YM and Micros
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 10

Hello I have been Elite member for a while, I have been trading futures for last 4 yrs. I use Ninja Trader.

Thanked by:
 PetLover 
Dallas, Tx USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader TS TorS
Trading: Indexes CL GD
Thanks Received: 2

Hi Group,
Still trying to find consistent winning strategies. I need some help with ninjatrader and other areas that I hope people here can help me other than looking on a hundred posts and YouTube videos. I hopefully I can help other people.

Thanked by:
zManiac17
Seattle, United States

Hi, I'm Maniac . I've been trading for 3 years now. Mostly cryptocurrency, but I've been getting more into traditional markets lately as well. /wave

Thanked by:
MileHiM5
Evergreen

Hi-

I'm new to futures but traded options on the CBOE floor many years ago. Spent a career going up the corporate ladder in the media business, then founded and/or ran a couple of entrepreneurial ventures in the tech space. Ready to slow down a little bit and get back into actively trading equity/index options and futures, which is why I'm here.

Looking forward to picking up and sharing thoughts about the markets, strategies and trading platforms. Thanks, Mike for a great vehicle to do that!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts