NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,241,609 views
    2. thumb_up 12,009 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

talkto
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

I've been trading for a few years now. I've had my ups and downs (mostly downs), but I'm glad to have found this forum. I look forward to learning from each other.

Cheers!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

kobe24 
bufflalo,ny usa

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: emini futures
Thanks Given: 1

hello every one im new to everything ; trading,this site, dont know to much about trading willing to learn . A little about myself im from western new york 47 years young have a family bout to start truck driving soon. been searching for some type of courses to take no luck yet hopefully this is my one stop to get informed. look forward to hearing from you all thanks for having me

Thanked by:
Eratosthenes
Göttingen, Germany

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 11

Greetings to the Community!
I'm a complete newbie in futures trading. So far only experience with stocks and ETF's. Unfortunately there seems to be a lack of useful Tutorials for future trading for beginners in the web, contrary to the subject of stocks trading.
Lots of youtube videos on the subject are just long-winded talk with little informational content.

Thanked by:
catthiegriffith
Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Thanks Received: 4

Hello, everyone! I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I am just a newbie in stocks and trading and I still have a lot of questions and a lot to learn so I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Thanked by:
KeithBGP
Dallas, TX

Greetings. Starting my journey!

Thanked by:
SPYScalper
Saint Johns Florida

Hey guys, im oringally a small cap trader however recently ive ventured into trading SPY options, I grew my account tremendously trading small caps netting 75K in profits with a 25K account, however I ended up blowing all of that money due to psychological error and not "reading the room" in terms of market conditions, I then risked a big portion of my account in order to try and "make it back" (we know how well that goes) and ended up making around 40K having my best day ever (25K) then immediately blew it all the next day when I realized that trading a new market is going to require me learning alot of lessons about SPY and ES futures trading as well as how options and time decay intersect with these markets. Also a big thing that led to my blowup was not really having an understanding of how to switch biases on a name as ive been 99% long for my extremely short career -1 and a half years-. Im curious if anyone else is scalping SPY options instead of trading the actual futures or SPY itself, specifically if people are "scalping" with a timeframe of around 10-20 minutes. Im typically looking to either fade zones that have held for lower risk to reward 1-3 or looking for those continuation plays that can net a nice 5-10 if timed correctly I do trade with pretty tight stops and have had to widen them when trading these options. I encourage anyone who is doing something similar (or anyone that thinks what im doing is stupid honestly I dont really know many futures traders I only know people who are involved in the small cap markets so any contact would be great) to please reach out to me on the forum and perhaps we can just discuss our experiences with ES.

Thanked by:
Albuz
Lodz, Poland

Hello,

I don't have much experience
I started trading this year, interested in Crypto, Forex and Futures.
My long term goal is to have a steady % of income every month

Thanked by:

zpro 
Raleigh, NC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: E-Mini S&P, Nasdaq, Stocks

Hello all,

I hope all is well and that everyone is doing well.

I decided to join FIO as I have read good things about this forum.

So glad I am here.

I have been trading for a few years. I started with stocks, then options and futures.

I have a decent understanding of technical analysis, volume, price action. I have
made many great trades, but I also messed up quite a bit.

The main challenge I am facing now is I CANNOT decide what my focus shall be.

I feel like I'd like to trade too many instruments.

I need to really make up my mind.

I was thinking about switching 100% to E-Mini futures, but I am coming back to stocks.
I actually stopped trading for a while, and was just watching charts day by day.
I thought that by giving myself a time, I can decide the path! I didn't!

This is quite distracting as I still look at E-minis and want to trade them, and look at stocks and want to
trade those, and at the same time, I am looking at long calls, short puts, etc.

What do you all think about it?

I'd appreciate any advice, comments, or suggestions.

Thank you,
ZPro

Thanked by:
 Tulips 
Hollywood, FL, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TradeStation, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers
Trading: eMinis, Stocks
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 19

Hello

I trade for about 25 years on and off, and now I can say I am steady, consistent, and do very well for myself.

Your trying to pick the winner is not easy, but one thing I can tell you, do not to take too many at once. I myself use Micro and Mini Index futures as I found these the easiest of them all. Only 4 chars to look at, getting to know only 4 different lives is easier than trying to scout for 100's different symbols and getting to know them, With time you will see how good you are getting to know your children and how they behave.

So do not take too many is my advice, stick with what you know and stay with it, greed can make you jump through too many hoops at the same time, a steady flow of income is what I achieved with just using 4 and can play tennis at the same time (live, healthy body, etc...)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

kobe24 
bufflalo,ny usa

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: emini futures

kobe24 View Post
hello every one im new to everything ; trading,this site, dont know to much about trading willing to learn . A little about myself im from western new york 47 years young have a family bout to start truck driving soon. been searching for some type of courses to take no luck yet hopefully this is my one stop to get informed. look forward to hearing from you all thanks for having me

i would like to know what and where could i find a one stop shop to buy what i need to start trading and what should i first start studying to learn to trade futures

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts