NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,243,866 views
    2. thumb_up 12,009 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

lebronjames92 
Los Angeles + California

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I just graduated with my MBA. I started trading about 3 years ago. I use NT8 and trade options and futures.

Also I am just learning to surf and enjoy hikes with my dog. Oh and I am getting married next year. Looking forward to meeting you all and joining this community.

Cheers

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

blackclover
lansing Michigan

Thanks Given: 2

Hello Everyone,

I owned a business when I was very young. After 10 years, I was tired of the overhead coming for me every month so I sold it. I knew whatever I did next I didn't want so many monthly hard costs. I started with stocks and then eventually I met a futures guy. He convinced me to switch. I did pretty decent at first, even lasting a couple years. Then one really bad ES trade kicked me like a mule. I didn't blow my account but, in my mind I might as well have. I set it aside for years and started another business. Now 15 years later I found myself in the position to give it another shot. This time I am going slow and trying to correct/overcome my issues before moving up.

So here I am. I am price action, S&R trader, Vol trader

*The Hardest thing for me to overcome right now is that I lean to the downside so I'm constantly trying to find a short when there really isn't one. I have spent the last few months tracking my trading behavior and looking at all the numbers...I have even started taking screen shots of the market and flipping them up side down. It seems so obvious when I do that.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackclover.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	314700  
 tweebee 
Boynton Beach, Florida

Thanks Given: 0

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the world of futures. I started trading ES 3 weeks ago and blew thru $3K in the 1st week with negative trades and fees. I switched to NQ after that 1st week and feel the momentum is much better for me with NQ. I've gained back what I've loss and now in the green. Looking forward to meet and learn together with you.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

akwash
Dallas, Tx

Thanks Given: 2

Hello all and thank you Mike for the warm welcome.

I'm a Software Engineer and just got promoted to Senior level. I like my job but not the hours. I was introduced to trading about a year ago so still learning the business. I guess my journey started like 98% of all traders... I took a class and fell in love with the idea of trading for a living. Went against what I was just taught about getting into the market too early and starting trading my real capital; blew through 3k; stopped for a while to lick my wounds; now I'm back with a different focus and view of the business.

I started with options trading with a dash of FX but now focused on futures. My method is price action. My goal is to transition to full-time in 4.5 years. My platform is NT8 (though I will still use TOS for non-future opportunities).
My current trading plan:
Session : London (EU)
Time : 5-8AM Mon-Fri
Products : All but mainly ES
Mode : Stimulation until P/L is 5K
Type of trading: scalping and swing
o 2-3 trades a session
o if two consecutive losers, the session is over for the day
o 1 contract (will add 1 runner later)
o Review my trades after every session.
...and a few other points .

Anyway, I look forward to growing as a trader.

Thanks
- AW

mnqfisherman
Redlands, CA

Thanks Given: 1

Hello Everyone,

Traded options for a few years, thought I'd give futures a try.
Glad to have found this portal of investors.
Thanks for creating this community, Mike.
Good luck everyone.

a2021
Moscow Russia

Thanks Given: 0

Hi all,

I am a programmer and an occasional trader (several trades a year, mostly futures on Moscow Exchange). Would like to apply reinforcement learning to trading.

geekeeOne
Tucson, AZ

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 10

Howdy! Just here to introduce myself and look forward to reading on the various trading styles people have with the Futures market.
Like most, I first started trying to Trade with Cryptos in 2016 but had no clue what I was doing so I lost a lot. Then I started getting into TA and Candlestick Patterns but was still losing my butt so I switch to stocks and faired a little better but, like most, there was no consistency in how I traded so overall I ended up losing a lot more. I started looking into getting around the PDT rule when I discovered Options and Futures. Coming from stocks, Options were very awkward in understanding but Futures made total sense. I opened a Performance Account just over a year ago and have been running with it since. By far, the biggest leap in my trading confidence took place back-testing hundreds times different strategies on Market Replay through NT8. After I found a few that worked I then weeded it down to what actually worked consistently for me. I've now been scalping profitably on a daily basis for the past two months and look forward to gaining knowledge and sharing knowledge here

Thanked by:
sanitarof
Vladivostok, Russia

Thanks Given: 15

Hi! I trade NQ ES according to my strategy and trading plan. A little bit, because I have experience of trading without a system and with a decrease in the deposit, so I move slowly

Thanked by:
Iammonet60
Mesa, Arizona US

Thanks Given: 8

Hello Big Mike and everyone out there!

I'm thankful to have found this site.

I am a retired school administrator who has always been amazed with the stock market and particularly, price action.

I delved into trading when I retired 5 years ago, but I did not do it necessarily to make money, but more out of my love of learning and curiosity. I started out purchasing many courses from fake trading gurus and lost money in that process. I tried day trading the gap and go but that was not for me. I, then learned about trading options and saw my trading account go up slowly, but found that I wanted something to do while I was waiting for the expiration of the option. After watching hundreds of YouTube videos, I stumbled upon trading futures; particularly the ES. I then spent the two years studying ES charts, simulation trading and then, finally, REAL trading on the ES. As of December 2020, I have been consistent and profitable trading the ES by taking only 1-3 trades a day. I don't trade everyday, I only trade for about 1-3 hours and I only take the trades that I am sure of; bouncing off the EMA and failed 2nd entries.

My goal, now, is to teach young people how to trade the ES as a potential career. If I had started this when I was in my twenties, some forty years ago, all I can say is WOW!

Thanked by:
UYScuti
Ljubljana Slovenia EU

Thanks Given: 1

Hello everyone,

although I have bachelor degree in economics (2012) and was working as a journalist in financial daily I started to trade only in 2017 in a crypto bubble, and I finished with almost the same amount of money that I started. But it was a wild ride that got and something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. My primary goal is to provide financial independency for me and my family.

PS: Sorry for my grammar mistakes, but I have time to write when my kids are asleep

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts