NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,241,061 views
    2. thumb_up 12,007 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

gardel1998
barcelona spain

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everybody
I am an intermediate trader, basically in cryptos for now. But I would like to trade in other markets, maybe in a few months.
It feels excited to be part of this community. I am sure that I will learn a lot from all of you. I'd try as well to help to help you all with my limitations.

Happy to be here.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
31 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

GFFAaron  GFF Brokers is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: GFF Brokers
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: GFF Brokers Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Aaron Capps with GFFBrokers, looking forward to learning more and sharing information.

Thanked by:
Wardster
Boise,ID

Hello all:

Excited to join this great community. I am a software developer in Python and Java that really enjoys trading and following the markets.

Have an automated event-driven stock trading system in place but it's not doing that great with the recent wild swings of the market. I am looking at some ways to diversify my day trading and have been researching EMini's pretty seriously. I've never done any futures trading so this is a brave new world for me but from my initial research it seems like scalping a few points from the opening movements of the market each day should be doable. I've just installed Multicharts on a Windows VM and am looking forward to pulling down some data and starting my backtesting.

Looking forward to learning from/with all you as I embark on this journey.

Cheers,

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,492
Thanks Received: 15,386

GFFAaron View Post
Aaron Capps with GFFBrokers, looking forward to learning more and sharing information.

Welcome Aaron.

For clarification, are you a client of GFFBrokers, or do you work for them?

EDIT: Never mind, I looked that up. Your account is now marked as vendor.

Thanked by:
 mgr69 
Conway, Arkansas

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

Hi everyone

I am retired from the printing industry and 52 yrs. young. I began my trading journey learning to trade about 8 months ago. When I first got interested in day trading, I thought I would be trading Stock options but soon realized that futures were what I wanted to learn. So being new and not knowing anything I started watching u-tube videos to get an idea where and how to learn. I started following Josh Martinez and soon bought into his trading school. Wow I thought he makes this look so easy; I can do this too. I learned some basic things but after a few months I realized all he was interested in was selling expensive trading software. I didn't buy in and have since moved to price action trading. I am currently studying with the Al Brooks trading coarse. It is more suited to my personality as a trader. I now understand what you guys mean by finding out what type of trader you are. So my goal right now is to slowly grow my trading account. So far I have not been successful. I seem to keep offsetting my good days with bad days but that's how you learn. I trade mostly MES or MNQ 5 min charts. I practice on my sim account as much as I can and when I feel confident, I will jump into my live account. I use NT8 and trading view. I look forward to learning.

Thanked by:
Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,327
Thanks Received: 2,313

@mgr69

I've seen for a few days now that "Al Brooks" is an increased topic here on the forum. I do not want to discourage you to continue to learn from him, but would also like to clearly point out certain points with the following words:

Normally I do not comment here on many things concerning direct trade, because everyone has to find his own way.

Regarding "Al Brooks", from whom I have learned a lot in the past during my active time in terms of chart analysis in the smallest "time frame", I would like to point out that what is to learn from him regarding his trading approach is, for beginners rather difficult to implement in today's market.

Times have also changed in trading and pure "price action" trading is more difficult today than ever before, as robots simply make faster and often better trading decisions when it comes to short-term trading.

I therefore strongly recommend to carefully consider whether you want to spend your full time on purely learning "PA" trading from "Al" or perhaps also want to deal with learning trading strategies that are not directly related to "PA".

I wish you continued success in learning and also in implementing in reality in real trading.

Symple

Thanked by:
 mgr69 
Conway, Arkansas

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 6

thanks for the reply Symple.

Any suggestions on Trading strategies that I can try along with "PA"

mgr69

Thanked by:
Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,327
Thanks Received: 2,313

@mgr69

Just to give one idea of many:

https://www.carleygarnertrading.com/learn-to-trade-commodities/commodity-option-strategies/386-how-to-create-a-synthetic-put

By the way: I am not related to this what ever, it is just a valuable, most simple explanation to this way of trading. For a begin, this is more than enough to understand at first, as this is absolute basic stuff.

Symple

Thanked by:
krrish
amsterdam

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

hi

Thanked by:
Tigerjim9766
SIMPSONVILLE SC

Thanks for the forum

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts