NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,233,300 views
    2. thumb_up 11,997 thanks given
    3. group 6,315 followers
    1. forum 10,641 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

catthiegriffith
Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

Hello, everyone! I am a newbie in stocks and still doing my research to learn more about these stuff. I hope I can be able to find great information here. Thanks!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
19 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

Jern 
Eastern NC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkorSwim
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 15

In trying to write an introduction, it kept turning into a novel, so I'll try to keep it short(er)!

I started investing in 1998, but finally decided I wasn't cut out for buy and hold, even though it does work over time. I quit work in 2013, still trying to figure out how to invest "better". Tried to learn options but never got the hang of it. Opened a Forex account with FXCM and never placed a live trade! Now I've had a futures account for about 2 years and most of my trades have been demos. One thing I didn't count on was how risk adverse I would become after I quit work. I'm better about that now, but it's still there.

In 2015 or so I realized that I would need to work more on me to make this work. I still spent too much time trying to find the "perfect" indicator, though. I'm mostly past the indicator phase now and learning price action and looking for structure in the charts as it applies to the hard right edge.

I generally make money in demo mode, but at best I don't lose much in the real account. I'm getting more consistent with what I do. I've learned to identify my problem areas and work through them, knowing that I can't get to where I want to be unless I do that.

Looking forward to learning more!

Aymane
Paris France

Thanks Received: 1

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the effort man, i hope i'll get to learn and share my knowledge with the forum members.
I blew some micro futures accounts and eventually switched to funding partners like leeloo.
Still on my journey to be profitable.
Cheers !

Thanked by:
nvd2013
Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi everyone!

Glad to be here.

I hope I can learn more from experienced traders in this room.

Thank you!

Thanked by:

ticktradr 
Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures + Crypto
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 7

Hi everyone. Im a fulltime funded trader and i love ticks shhhh )

Thanked by:
 maserras 
Laval, Quebec

Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi everybody
My name is Miguel, I'm learning stock trading, after a quite long journey focusing mainly in Wyckoff/VSA, but still far from mastering. I have done some trades, some went good, some went bad, I have managed not to loose too much money. I'm glad to be here, I hope to learn from the many experienced people here, and maybe sometime be able to help others. Thanks!

Thanked by:
 Liberty88 
Chicago, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja. trying Sierra...
Broker: Ninja, Stage 5 for Sierra
Trading: Futures: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 46

Hello,

In July 2020 I started my journey into futures trading. I met a professional futures trader who introduced me to a particular educational path which I have followed. After much sim trading, I went live in March 2021 and lost money, regrouped and sim traded for two more months, then went live again in June 2021. I have been profitable since.

CL, GC and the equity indexes are what I trade. I am primarily a market profile trader, beginning to learn orderflow/footprint.

I use the Ninja platform with lifetime license, but am beginning to get familiar with Sierra which is a long process. Interesting that Sierra has developed their own data feed and order routing. Ninja has its own brokerage and is now their own FCM (non-clearing) to interface with customers directly. Consolidation is happening between platforms / brokers / data feeds / order routing / FCM.

I'm really enjoying this process of learning to trade and learning about myself and my habits. I'm sticking with futures for the long haul. Joined this forum to gain additional points of view and continue learning.

Liberty88

Thanked by:
samalley
Hamilton, Canada

Thanks Given: 0

Hi everyone, I am from Canada and glad to join the forum, I trade stocks, options, and ETF. I consider myself an intermediate trader, very calm.

thanks for accepting me

Thanked by:
JerseyBoys
Reno, Nevada

Thanks Given: 0

Hello. I am long-time trader migrating from TradeStation to MultCharts (for a lot of reasons). Oh, and NorthEast pizza rocks!

Thanked by:
Dltpqls
Incheon/South Korea

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Hello Everybody!
I want to learn how to trade and found this forum. Hope I can learn somethings!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 14, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts