NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,748 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

michael94 
Chicago IL USA

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 10

Sorry in advance if I'll wright down something in incorrect way, but English is my 3rd language.

I am very new to trading. Already blowed up my first $3500 account and wasted another $3000 for "education" from Timothy Sykes After browsing numerous websites that offer decent living with trading, after only few month of being learning from them, I've came across of this page evancarthey.com/the-ultimate-review-of-the-day-trading-academy-marcello-arrambide, where the guy is mentioning futures.io, and how this resource helped him on his journey.

and now I hope that with help of this forum and his treasures I'll finally be able to find all the necessary information to become profitable. Or at least to be able not to blow up entire account in first 2-3 trades

I wish You all to be (stay) profitable, and have a living we're so desperately desire!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

ELche View Post
Fausto Pugliese from Cyber Trading University , good salesman/marketer, not a good trader. Good for him ,not for student /trader. He makes his money selling the strategy that if you use Levell III you will see the big block orders in the Matrix(Trade Station).Do you think the institutions are going to display their orders so everybody jumps in front of? "Spoofing " will render it worthless. It cost me $2000 to find out and a fight with support (they don't pick up the phone nor respond to cancel request emails so they charge me an extra month) to cancel membership. Better pick a credit card with good dispute center for the fight if you go.

ELche View Post
If you are out there considering Michael Guess' : TradeSafe Software. Stop it and wait for my opinion. Will let you know in a few months.

Go ahead and laugh at my pain if you want. As long as you don't buy from these scammers... I'll get my revenge.

Did you miss tradingschools.org 's review of Cyber Trading University? https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/cyber-trading-university/

You can get some revenge if you write to Emmett at www.tradingschools.org and let him know of a duplicitous vendor scammer. Or comment on a review to help warn others to stay away and be informed. When enough people notify him with complaints, he will do an in-depth review usually exposing they don't trade at all. The CFTC and FBI who also keep in touch with Emmett, have gone after and arrested some of these scams which were often reviewed already and also proved these scams were losers at live trading in the past and don't trade live at all since becoming a vendor. An example of an arrest here: https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/tradeanedge-with-bruce-harris-landgarten/ Good luck.

( https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/commodity-pool-operator-indicted-defrauding-investors-and-attempting-obstruct-justice )
“As this case shows, the CFTC will work vigilantly to root out fraud from our markets, and we will not be deterred by those who attempt to obstruct our investigations,” stated CFTC Director of Enforcement McDonald. “To ensure both that our markets are protected from fraud and that wrongdoers are held accountable, we will continue to work in parallel with our law enforcement partners, and I am grateful for the work of the United States Attorney’s Office in this case.”

Another CFTC investigation here: https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/school-trade-sideways-markets-update/
"Joseph Dufresne claimed to be a hugely profitable day trader. The CFTC discovered that Joseph Dufresne was a terrible day trader. In fact, in a review of his trading records, the CFTC discovered that between September 2007 and April 2016, that Joseph Dufresne was a complete and total failure at trading. His total net losses were over $119k."

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
hopeful2019
Los Angeles CA/USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone,

I am totally new here. I read some books on trading and now I am going to try simulation before using real money. I am a bit overwhelm in term of using ninja trader and just how to navigate myself in this endeavors. From reading all the books, I know risk management, planning my trades, and making sure the trade expectancy should be in my favor. I hope to find a profitable instrument to trade but still a bit lost in getting started as I am arm in only theoretical and not real practice. I know many have followed the same path and hope I can succeed like them but is fully aware that many do not succeed as well.

Wish me luck and I am hopeful that this will work out.

Thank you for everyone contribution before me.

Andy

Thanked by:
CIO1
Irvine, CA USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 7

Hi!
I'm a TradeStation user, programmer, and used to manage OPM via mutual funds. We would own what's working (growth, value, foreign, domestic, big, small, sector...), 3% initial stop, hold until math-based price targets were achieved. I was quite successful with my big picture global equity and sector calls, nailing events like the Asian Contagion, LTCM debacle, 2000 equity high, 50% crash prediction and subsequent nailing of the low in 2002, followed by a prediction of a retracement and another 50% crash. It all came to pass. I retired 3 years ago, and let my licenses go. More recently, I called the high in 9/2018 (velocity trend break, no big deal), the low in 12/2018 (return to bigger time-frame velocity trend), and the high in April, 2019 (same as 9/18). My clients benefitted, when I made very calculated/careful calls, aligning lots of ducks. But...I'm out of the business now (not at all interested in OPM, unlicensed anyway), and want to transfer my techniques to equities and index futures in shorter time frames. I've thus far found that I suck with tick-level time frames, excess leverage (at least with e-minis), over-trading, and my need to sleep (holding positions overnight engenders a whole-new level of risk than day-trading). My edge seems to still be there, but it appears that I may need longer time frames, smaller positions, and maybe even good-ole mutual funds, so that I can't over-trade! I can't afford to blow-up my nest-egg, lest I have to return to..."work" -- at least work that isn't something I love, like trading/programming. So, call me an educated previously-successful "investor", who has lots of costly experience (drawdowns) in the world of futures...

Thanked by:
kolbe
Wiltz, Luxembourg

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 9

Hi,

Been trading on & off for 3 years now , trying & testing many ideas . Have found some interesting ideas along the line that I'm testing out currently on indices & energy . Joined here to exchange ideas with others & hopefully get some new ideas in the process .

Looking forward to an interesting journey ahead .

Thanked by:
Jarochocan
Vancouver BC

Well again looking forward to meet some OPTIONS SELLERS COMMODITIES ONLY I have been doing this for 19 months and been having fun and have success but looking for traders same interest to exchange ideas and pointes pls reply Luis

Thanked by:
ggeorg
Frankfurt Germany

Hi everyone!

I am Peter and I from Germany.

I am trading stocks and futures for about 20 / 5 years using ninjatrader.

Cheers
Peter

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,292

ggeorg View Post
Hi everyone!

I am Peter and I from Germany.

I am trading stocks and futures for about 20 / 5 years using ninjatrader.

Cheers
Peter

Welcome, Peter

Thanked by:

FuManChou 
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Edge Clear LLC
Trading: MNQ
Thanks Given: 1,127
Thanks Received: 120

Hello Futures.io friends,

I am 33 years old as of right now and I have been trading off and on for about 4 years. I am not consistently profitable but had strings of good runs. With no idea about trading I went into an intro class with Online Trading Academy (OTA) and signed up. What got me to sign up was that my wife and I was the youngest couple in the room (29 at the time). I did not want to wait until retirement to start investing into the financial markets. I first started trading Forex using FXCM but they are now banned from US. I liked the FXCM trading platform alot but I am no longer able to trade live with them anymore. I then opened up an account with TradeStation to trade micro currencies contracts with a small account at the time of roughly $5K. Closed the account due to personal financial events not related to trading. Then about 8 months later I opened up an account again with TradeStation again trading futures again. Closed the account again after a few months because of family financial events (sister-n-law/friends needed help). Then in the last month, I opened up an account again with TradeStation trading US equities this time. Knowing that the pattern day trading rule was going to screw me and micro futures indices was just released (MES, MNQ, MYM, M2K), I switch back to Futures with TradeStation and here I am. I am not giving up on my future with futures trading.

TLDR: Online Trading Academy graduate, trading on and off for 4 years. Traded Forex and Futures.

Other: I know have a month year old baby girl and train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (4 stripe white belt).

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

JaysonArcher View Post
I've been on the forum for almost a year, and became inactive until recently. I started trading about a year and a half ago, and mainly trade ES and RTY. I have traded Crude Oil, and did very well with that. Throughout the course of my trading career, a noticeable trend happens, and I don't know how to fix it. I will gather enough money to start a trading account. I will do very well my first week, making around 50-100% of my account balance, and then lose it all. I've probably blown around 25k in the past year or so. I believe the solution to the problem is not following my own rules, and I'm trying to get better at it. I have been papertrading for the past 3 months and have remained consistently profitable. I am eager to learn more, and would like to turn this passion into a full time career. I would love to hear what you have to say, harsh or not.

Have you tried Neuroplasticity? I am working on a book by Peter Hollins. Build a Better Brain, along with a few other mind benders. Ha

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts