NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,680 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Futureshunt
Brampton, ON CANADA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to the forum, joined in Jan 2019. I am trying to learn and understand trading, using NinjaTrader 8 Demo platform. Trading seems like an ocean, lots and lots to learn. I am interested in Futures market. I haven't gone live yet but I would really appreciate if anyone can share their experience of going live from the demo account in terms of what are the differences you noticed, feeling, volatility, slippage etc.

Reading the posts in this forum and found them very useful. Hope to learn a lot from you all.

Regards,

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 gunn 
brisbane australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MetaTrader
Trading: forex

Hello Everyone

I hope to learn alot and in time hope i can also give back

Regards

bobbakerr 
Riverdale, Idaho, USA

Platform: Optimus Futures + MultiCharts + TradeStation
Broker: Optimus Futures, Rithmic Data, TradeStation
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 241
Thanks Received: 51

Welcome, Futureshunt. The main difference between Live trading and Simulated trading is 1) Simulated is more like playing solitaire -- Live Trading is a lot more 'scary'; and 2) In Simulated mode, you will get filled at the Bid for a Long entry and at the Ask for a Short entry -- Live Trading fills you mostly at the Ask for Long entries and at the Bid for the Short entries. If you are a scalper, making 50 to 200 (or more) trades per day, these 1-tick differences really add up, turning your Simulated profits into Live trading losses. Good luck.

Futureshunt View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to the forum, joined in Jan 2019. I am trying to learn and understand trading, using NinjaTrader 8 Demo platform. Trading seems like an ocean, lots and lots to learn. I am interested in Futures market. I haven't gone live yet but I would really appreciate if anyone can share their experience of going live from the demo account in terms of what are the differences you noticed, feeling, volatility, slippage etc.

Reading the posts in this forum and found them very useful. Hope to learn a lot from you all.

Regards,

Thanked by:
MC1RACING
Adelaide + Australia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Just a belated howdy from new member to the forum.
Been trading on and off over the years but decided to knuckle down and get serious.
Probably put myself in the intermediate trader level and expert in the old fart level.
Will definitely upgrade to elite soon as looks like wealth of info. hope to learn lots !

frankenx
Easton MD

Hi ,

I am a self taught trader that mostly follow the macro economics and make trades based on that. Still in a learning phase thou but lack discipline and proper guidance. Looking for someone who is willing to mentor me and in return I will do the same for the next one in line.

Thanks
frankenx

Katz
CANADA

Hi everyone,
New trader looking to trade the 10 year bond.
For the past 3 years I've been studying and trying to find quality education on trading. I passed on a few 'schools' using the hard sell. I came upon this forum from John Grady's blog and like the philosophy here.

If anyone, new or experienced, want's to talk bonds, I'm interested.

Thanks for all the valuable info you've taken the time to post.

HawgRidah 
Langley B.C. Canada

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: whatever's moving ?
Thanks Given: 40

Hi all, thanks Mike, for having me.
i've lurked on and off here for so long, i was SURE i was already a member...
maybe from waaay back BMT era..i dunno, couldn't find any confirmation on any of my various e mail addy's for different specific things..

LOTS of smart folks on here..unfortunately i am probably corrupting that bell curve...lol

so, here to learn, and refine, and prosper, hopefully.
Ninja 7 on sim account , with a lifetime license.

Steve Futures 
Terrebonne, Quebec , Canada

Platform: NT8
Trading: Nq , Cl, ES GC

I started trading futures in October 2018. it's was amazing the first week ,i made a lot of money. After this ,without knowledge with my money management ,i lost a big part of my account. i decide to review the way i trade to be consistent..I learn a lot about price action,support ,resistance .etc etc.

After a month(12-14hrs per day) in simulation, now i feel better when i trade . but i put a lots rules every day in my trading sessions. like: don't chase trade ,anticipate ,and if you don't see your favorite pattern( don't trade) ..wait for it ..sometime , i don't find any trade during the day .. that's the life .

One of my rules , i only make 2-3 trades ,per day..and i try to follow the trend as long as i can .

Sorry everyone ,i,m not very good in English .but it's a nice way to improve .

Thanks

ps: i trade every day Nq (Futures )

kazz
London

Thanks Given: 168
Thanks Received: 78

HappyTrails View Post
I decided to investigate Day Trading 4 weeks ago. I have read 3 books, and viewed many many Videos, and webinars.
I have installed NinjaTrader v8, and spent some time learning some of the features. Am at the point of choosing a brokerage, so I can get a live data feed, to do some simulation and back testing. I found this forum and will check out the info here. I am in no hurry to start live trading, until I feel confidant. I am retired after running my own business of Electronic Design and Fabrication for 26 years. I plan on utilizing my talent and experience to be successful in this endeavor.

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and can vouch for how helpful the members are here. I've learnt a ton about trading futures here.

From the sound of it, with your business background and meticulous prep, I don't think you'll have a problem trading futures successfully.

In my opinion, and I don't know what you plan to invest, being well capitalised is a key factor in successful futures trading. It allows you to trade small whilst you are learning the ropes and not blow for account. This is why I can't trade live yet.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
Enghoss77
Cairo + Egypt

I have just subscribed to the forum .. and I really liked the idea of sharing professional experiences and insights about trading , which is often approached "commercially" on the web. to suck out all the money on your wallet with scams of chasing the "Holy Grail" of easy and quick money.

I am an Architect Engineer with 18 Years of experience in construction and project management , Although I became a project manager in a first tier consultancy firm , but still exposed to the swinging market conditions and limited and unstable salary !! due to changing employers !! that's the de facto for anyone who is working in a permanent job.

A few years ago .. I was having a conversation with a friend and I discovered that he is working as a full time intraday Trader .. and that he is making a very good return comparing to his previous jobs!!

My First impression was negative because the Financial Exchanges has a long bad reputation filled with scams and news about gambling people who lose their money in a few days or maybe few hours !!

But also that triggered the logical question ( is there anyway of engaging this market in away that controls and minimize the risks .. and still make a profitable stable income ?!!!)

Beside my job , It took me years of research on the web in many relevant fields AI - Algorithmic Trading - Quantitative Finance - Technical and Fundamental Analysis ... etc ) to discover the secret behind an optimal Trading portfolio !

As Mike's introduction to this forum .. it is " EMOTIONS" .. The Most weakness trait in humankind.Simply .. because all the professional gurus on the market are building their advertisements and commercial theories on ideas that is not scientifically and mathematically hypothesis !and that makes it ambiguslly to be identified or analyzed .. and motivates newbies to follow it's "Scam Promises" of the Holy Grail wealth!!

fortunately .. The new achievements in Computational intelligence .. and Financial Engineering has made all the Factors Related to ( Risk ) and ( Portfolio Optimization ) some how controlled and monitored to avoid epic losses !!

The recent advances in Machine Learning and Deep Learning , Has Revolutionized Financial Markets .. Basically because It eliminates the human emotions factors from Trading Decisions !!

it's my first ever time to blog or to make a thread on a forum .. but I will try to Share my ideas and The Researches that I Found on this forum .. Hopefully our participations will ultimately Get us more money than what we are making now !!

Thanks for Having me on this Forum 🤘🤘

Enghoss77

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts