NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,241,609 views
    2. thumb_up 12,009 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Trader Exx
Johannesburg

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Everyone.

Greetings all the way from sunny South Africa!

My journey started when my friends and i made a bet (After a few alcoholic beverages) that i could never be self-taught and make money off the markets. Being a very stubborn person i accepted the challenge. 5 years later, i've blown countless accounts, had thousands of sleepless nights and probably enough coffee to last an average person a lifetime. I had fallen head over heels after beginners luck. But i knew there has to be more to it than an SMA crossover system. In my first few years, i tried anything and everything i could find on the internet or in a book i'd find somewhere and like most beginners i was ready to give up within the 2nd year. Until i stumbled across "Market Manipulation/Smart Money/Market Makers" and my whole world turned upside down. Long story short: I've had my best year thus far and my friends are only just getting their feet wet now.

My trading method is heavily influenced by Wyckoff and Weis.

Happy trading to us all!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
34 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
muis2
Vancouver + Canada

Thanks Received: 4

Hi from Vancouver, Canada!

I've been trading futures on and off for 4-5 years now. Have had some amazing ups and very big lows as well. Still trying to get consistent results. I started out investing on a fundamental approach but did not have much success. Technical approach actually worked much better for me, that plus my interest in commodities and futures makes it all the more enjoyable!

My goal is trade so that I have financial freedom

Thanked by:

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

Hi from sunny Phoenix Arizona,

Noob to the site but not exactly new to the trading scene. On my first adventure into being a beginner, I was an accident going somewhere to happen. Lost 10's of 1000's of dollars and was forced to quite trading.

On my second adventure into being a beginner about 10 years ago, i decided to play it smart (ha) and paid a guy named David LaCr*** 20k with the promise that he would "pull down his pants and show me everything he had". That ended in a couple months when I went bust again. I not only never saw inside his pant. I never even got to sniff his shorts.

This time as a beginner I have determined that I will be self taught and I have become a student of Mark Douglas. Even though he wrote only two book he claims to have studied all things trading psychology when he was getting started so I am doing the same. Working on Kiev books among others, and found J. Donald Walters to be a fun change of pace.

As Mark says, "unfortunately, you can't learn how to trade without trading".... so I am trading a live account and practicing discipline. It is a major major first step for me to trust myself to act in my own best interest at all times.

Thank you for reading my post. Best wishes to all.

Thanked by:
D8rad
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

CrudeDude View Post
Hi from sunny Phoenix Arizona,

Noob to the site but not exactly new to the trading scene. On my first adventure into being a beginner, I was an accident going somewhere to happen. Lost 10's of 1000's of dollars and was forced to quite trading.

On my second adventure into being a beginner about 10 years ago, i decided to play it smart (ha) and paid a guy named David LaCr*** 20k with the promise that he would "pull down his pants and show me everything he had". That ended in a couple months when I went bust again. I not only never saw inside his pant. I never even got to sniff his shorts.

This time as a beginner I have determined that I will be self taught and I have become a student of Mark Douglas. Even though he wrote only two book he claims to have studied all things trading psychology when he was getting started so I am doing the same. Working on Kiev books among others, and found J. Donald Walters to be a fun change of pace.

As Mark says, "unfortunately, you can't learn how to trade without trading".... so I am trading a live account and practicing discipline. It is a major major first step for me to trust myself to act in my own best interest at all times.

Thank you for reading my post. Best wishes to all.

I would strongly suggest you start with sim trading and set criteria for when you will trade live. Log your daily performance for 10 days and calculate your profitable to losing days. Also your maximum draw down. When your wins to loses are about 2:1 and draw down no more than 20% consider risking real money. These are just guidelines. We've all lost lots of money, at least I have, so using objective criteria has helped me decide when my skills need more work.

Thanked by:

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

Thanks for the advice and Im glad that is working for you. But imho sim trading is a waste of time and energy. It not only leaves you completely unprepared for the psycological pressures of trading live, it also reinforces the mental limitation that you cant trust yourself to act appropriately in following disciplined trading perimeters.

Learning the psychology is 80% of the game my friend.

All the best.

Thanked by:
ELche
miami,florida

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 42

Fausto Pugliese from Cyber Trading University , good salesman/marketer, not a good trader. Good for him ,not for student /trader. He makes his money selling the strategy that if you use Levell III you will see the big block orders in the Matrix(Trade Station).Do you think the institutions are going to display their orders so everybody jumps in front of? "Spoofing " will render it worthless. It cost me $2000 to find out and a fight with support (they don't pick up the phone nor respond to cancel request emails so they charge me an extra month) to cancel membership. Better pick a credit card with good dispute center for the fight if you go.

ELche
miami,florida

Gavin Holmes, from TradeGuider , will misguide you into buying a software to trade using Wyckoff Volume Spread Analysis.
A charlatan, singlehandedly destroyed Tom Willians's legacy . He is not for the small trader anymore ,he emailed me recently that his worthless SmartCenterPro Software is available to institutions only (his latest plot) ,just for me to buy an upgrade. Save yourself Tens of thousand of dollars and buy any book about Wyckoff or volume spread analysis out there, if you want to learn it, because the truth is that this software is just as good as the decision you make based on your own knowledge. He is not a trader , he makes his money selling software after software. He invites other people ( Phillip Friston, Sebastian Manby ) during his "trade rooms" that don't take live trades and supposedly manage (imaginary) trading funds. It's all a show ,a sales show. Based on market manipulation ,that exist , but way to inaccurate to predict . Unless you can stomach big stops.

Thanked by:
ELche
miami,florida

If you are out there considering Michael Guess' : TradeSafe Software. Stop it and wait for my opinion. Will let you know in a few months.

Go ahead and laugh at my pain if you want. As long as you don't buy from these scammers... I'll get my revenge.

Thanked by:
Sakr
Alexandria, Egypt

Thanks Received: 2

Hi,
very glad to be here, my name is Amr Sakr
I have been a trader and MetaTrader programmer for close to 7 years now. I love programming and trading. and especially coding for trading. I think now I know all the ins and outs of the MetaTrader platform and other trading platforms as well. and can implement a solution for virtually anything.
I have completed hundreds of expert advisors, indicators, and scripts.
hope I can add to this community as most as I can.
Regards,
Amr

Thanked by:
Bobabob
Shirley

Thanks Received: 6

I started trading about a week before Bear Sterns went belly up. Wide eyed and full of enthusiasm and just started trading stock options. I'll spare you the details but in short, I got my rear end handed to me. Since then I have been on and off with trading until March of 2018 when I decided to get serious.

Since then I have held my own pretty well mostly trading stock options. I have decided to turn my attention to futures trading since I have gotten Bookmap. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts