NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,803 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

51friend
Toronto

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you!
I'm from Toronto, Canada. Like most day traders, I lost and lost, and keep studying in futures market. 2 months ago, someone suggest me to develop customized indicators and strategies because i already have more than 10 years C++/C# devepment experience. I realize that auto-trading might be a way to success.

So i start to learn auto-trading software programing, and found there are a lot of good indicators and strategies here. Thank you for sharing your works in this web site. I will contribute my works too.

Best Regards,
51friend

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

jhol3990 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: commodity futures
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 9

Well
Time to stop lurking.
Came here because you guys give automation a good go, and quickly learnt that this is most peoples dream - with success being a little tougher to come by than i imagined.

I saw the Al brooks thread and disappeared to that forum for a while - loved what i saw - but i think this forum is what i need in terms of implementing ideas.
Planning to start a journal for that reason.
This is third attempt at trading (plus a couple of goes trying to automate the trading of betfair markets using similar ideas). Haven't blown up an account yet - but each experience has cost me money.
My first attempt at trading also coincided with buying overpriced software.
I personally have a c# and databases background.
However I am currently a stay at home dad to a 4 month old boy.
My big issue now is clarifying my vision and getting on to sim trading – there is just too much information around.
I really like what I see at Big Mikes. Seems to be a genuineness and lack of BS about this forum.
regards
Jeremy

Thanked by:
ymoca
Calgary, AB

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for quite some time, so I guess it's time to post.

Pretty new to the trading game, and am trying to learn price action trading with naked charts. (Al Brooks style) and actually joined this forum originally because of the Brooks webinar.

Not really into all the indicators and auto trading stuff. I find it time consuming enough to figure out basic price action, without trying to learn programming on top of it.

Cheers

doublethink
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Received: 0

Hi, Mike.

I'm a newbie who likes to play with crayons on Think or Swim charts. Looking forward to sharing what I draw with others and to get feedback on what's right or wrong. Or upside down.

doublethink

Victor 10
Bentiem

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

I also have been lurking about for awhile and want to say am happy to be here.
I have bought the trading education (more than 1 account) and as an older duffer am looking to automate some of the work load.
Everyone here is headsup and inspiring so am confidant the coding will come.
Thanks BigMike

cpi65 
UK

Experience: None
Platform: -
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 75

Yo!

Just registered - this forum kept on popping up when I was searching for info on Renko charts!

CPI

ptcm 
Taiwan

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 17

Hello everyone,

I am a futures trader from Hong Kong. My background is prop groups /HF in Chicago and HK.

I primarily focus on capturing recurring market phenonmena in the Hang Seng futures markets. If you guys have any questions regarding HSI futures. I would be more than happy to help.....

ptcm

oilfieldtrash
Arlington, TX

Thanks Given: 3

I started trading about 5 years ago in earnest. Prior to that time I invested in stocks, and had mutual funds through my retirement accounts. I have been reading quite a bit which of course makes me dangerous and not necessarily successful, but I have really developed a craving for trading so I have the need to get better.
I would like to do this full time, but for now I am still employed. I enjoy trading futures some, more of a small volume learning curve right now. I really like options and probably have too much of my account in options, but the more I learn to use them the more comfortable I feel with them. I really have two trading styles one being the 6 month to 2 year horizon with incremental covered calls on top, and the other being the one month to 6 month out option, with the quicker setups. I do not knock the walls down with either one of these, but I do learn something each trade I setup and transact win loose or draw.
I still have investments in dividend stocks, and only move them around when the fundamentals for the stocks change, and of course I use those stocks for revenue from covered calls to supplement the dividends.
Thanks for the chance to view and be on you forum. I have been really busy with work, and have consequently not viewed or added much. Hopefully that can change.

Seberbach 
Midland, Michigan USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation, Biocomp
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 71
Thanks Received: 22

Hi! My name is Steve.

I stumbled across this forum a couple of days ago while looking for info on Multicharts as an adjunct for overcoming some shortcomings in TradeStation. I liked what I saw so I donated right away. Must say I seldom donate to a forum which I have only browsed for a couple days...but this one is a winner for sure.

I am a retired electronics engineer, started working at Univ. of Michigan under contract to NASA, then went into audio. (Loudspeakers and amplifiers). I am a member of IEEE Signal Processing Society and Neural Network society. Also interested in trading all my life since high school when a friend of my Dad gave me a book by Joe Granville called "A STRATEGY OF DAILY STOCK MARKET TIMING FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT" in 1960. I got hooked.
It appealed to my teenage rebellious spirit in a time when responsible money managers frowned upon timing the market almost like the Church frowned upon astronomy in the days of Galileo's work with telescopes.

I thought the neural net stuff could make trading a "piece of cake" NOT! I find that successfully predicting market direction is not sufficient for making a complete enchilada.

I often wondered why famous traders write books, give seminars, sell software instead of just making lots of money and moving on.
I found that traders do not always thrive in a vacuum; much of the motivation is in sharing stories and ideas with other traders. I really enjoy the challenge of the research more than the discipline of the trading. I have made some money trading, most successfully with little or no leverage. Higher leverage and greed are partners in crime. Even a "half Kelly" is too big a size for me even though Kelly and Shannon back in the old days before personal computers had the math right on. I guess it's human nature added to the mix changing the rules that throws the theory out the window.

This one I figured out only recently:

Trade exits are much more difficult than trade entries to master because with entries you have the luxury of waiting for the best signals to pull the trigger, but once you are in a trade you have little choice but to execute the exit, stat! Not much time to waste waiting around for that next perfect setup! (unless you can hold on and ride a steady but bumpy trend with leverage!) Like in a hospital where people say do something now, or the patient might die. Your trade setup must actually encompass two predictions: The more immediate entry AND the later exit.

I have enjoyed doing some Easylanguage programming for career traders I've met along the journey. They all seem to want a "robot" which can automate their strategies which are always changing.
They seem to be like landscapers before the invention of Diesel engines. Only recently are we beginning to develop power tools for assisting what is still basically a human endeavor. Like sports or business competition.

I just want to be able to keep enjoying the sport, and win more than I lose.

I'm really looking forward to reading all the posts on this forum, and probably contributing a few, too. It seems like the days of "buy and hold" are going out, and trading will probably become accepted as the better way to survive with your life savings intact after retirement from your conventional "job".

raufden
Boca Raton, Florida

Joined this Forum awhile back, but had to stop trading because of family issues. Starting back. Have been watching the CCI, TSI and 2 of Elders Filters for entries. Tade both the YM and NQ along with some basic options spreads

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts