NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,803 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

sandross
Gold coast

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone,I live on the gold coast qld and have never traded before so this is all new to me so treat me gently for a while as I attempt to find my way.

My goals are to trade as to make enough money to replace my income.I have been looking at trading courses but they all tell me how good they are,its a matter of reviewing everything and working out whats best for me.

Anyway I look forward to participating in the forum,Ross

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
Marqui
San Diego

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 6

Hi all,

I've been trying to learn this trading business for the past few years while working at another job but I have no success as of yet. I have yet to find the consistent 'edge' that I need to get started in live trading. I've tried plenty of methods, indicators, etc. but the 'light bulb' has yet to turn on. I'm looking into the 'price action' idea, using support/resistance and moving averages as reference points. It seems that traders, myself included, tend to overcomplicate things, so I'm reviewing the basics. I look forward to sharing ideas with the community.

Marqui

Twiddle 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Mirus
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 94

Hi everyone,

I am new to this trading game, had heard good things about this forum, so decided to take a look.

I am from Sydney Australia. I look forward to interacting with you on the forum.

Stock trader
Ithaca, NY

Thanks Given: 1

Hello all,

I am somewhat new to trading. 6 months of experience and I am just trying to find a community to continue to learn more.

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,887
Thanks Received: 903

I am glad I found this forum. Great source of information and help.
Kareem

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
DStraderx
Dayton, Ohio

Thanks Received: 6

New to Big Mike's as of this morning. Looks like a worthwhile community. I am a long-time position trader well versed on Bill O'Neil's CAN-SLIM methodology and have spent the last 3 years exploring other s-term trading methods (options, futures, etc.). Like most aspiring day traders, spent 1-2 years struggling to find my niche. Now am trading profitably & full-time, primarily scalping the /ES for 1-5 points depending on set-up & day type.

I am now ready to go to the next level and am seeking like-minded professionals to share ideas on trading methods, trading software/systems, & hardware configurations. Glad to be part of the community.

Thanked by:
Brooks
New York State

I've been a trader for many years. I'm a software developer by profession and am currently working in Ninja Script for trading. I'm interested in systems trading. Some of my favorite trading authors are Jack Schwager, Van Tharp, Ari Kiev, Alexander Elder & Chuck LeBeau. I live in Western New York.

Brooks

makemoney 
NY

Platform: ThinkorSwim
Thanks Given: 7

hi all,
I became interested in the markets in 2008. I am not trading live yet, but hope to be by the end of the year. I have done a whole lot of simulation in the past 2 years and tried all types of methods with varied success. I have been looking at price action and buying vs selling volume for the last several months and I think I am starting to get it. As soon as I can become consistent in I will go live.

bbaran1
Chicago, IL

I am looking forward to useful hints and utilities to assist with my Trading adventure!

Doppio 
Burnie Tasmania

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Zenfire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 11

Hi all. I have been trading for 3 years.
I have lost about as much trading as on spendings to companies promising the world.
Damn I wanted it so much I forgot that very often it is hard work that will pay off in the end.
So I have been sim trading and backtesting my own ideas and tweaking strategies through NT. I have lost a lot of confidence and I am determined to master a simple strategy and then start live again in a few months.
Anyway.. love the site and all the goodies in forums and downloads.
Thanks
Doppio

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts