NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,680 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

finai 
EU

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT, RE
Broker: IB
Trading: ES, FX
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

hi folks

this site is great. i just started diving into the ATS world. i've got some computer science background that waiting to get leveraged.

thanks in advance for the sharing!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
holdupholdown
luxembourg

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone,
I hope we'll work well alltogether.

HUHD.

timmyb 
duluth,mn

Platform: ninja,thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Zenfire
Trading: ES,Options
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 1,361

Hello all,

Some about me, Hmmmm well I am not ahead in the markets. I have been but let greed get in the way more than once. I am a self taught programmer which means I can get done what i want but proabably take hours more than most to acheive it. I have a insanely addictive peronsality and have been know to stay up for days if a problem lacks a solution. I am looking to up my game using market delta and trading options. I feel more comfortable with options then I ever did with futures. But data feed issues and the simple stinginess to pay for other feeds keeps me handicapped. I actually came here looking for replay data to try to get ninja cumulated delta back where it should be. But found the forumn new and refreshing. So i plan on contributing the best i can.

Tim

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 manny1 
Vacaville CA U.S.A.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: CL,NQ
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 12

HI Mike:

I did introduce myself yesterday. Could you check and confirm?

Maybe I did'nt follow the instructions right.

Thanks

Manny1

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

Hi All,

I heard about futures.io (formerly BMT) on the ATO forum. So here I am. I have been trading the ES for a few months. Experience is everything. That's what I lack. I have had great luck trading SDS on a 30 min. chart. Now I am trying the ES. I trade using Bressert's Profit Trader and Wilder's Exit Swing indicator. I pit the lesser chart against the greater. Work's pretty good, if you trade price action into the cycle. It would be the cat's meow if I could duplicate the indictors for Ninja. But anyhow, I trying to ween myself off indicators and just use price action. After reading a futures.io (formerly BMT) tread, I just bought Al Brook's book. I would contribute much to this site if I was not a trading Tenderfoot. But I will try my best.

Thanks, Tiberius

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 brusher1 
Moore

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: ES, Dax, Crude, Gold, Currency futures
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Big Mike and everyone. I stumbled across this site while reading the Ninja forums. I watched a few vids and I really like what Mike is doing here. It's pretty cool!

Mikes story sounds a lot like mine. I've also blown a couple of accounts. After being humbled I decided to start my treck to becoming a succesful trader. I don't like getting beat. I might have taken a few punches, alright, a lot of punches, but this fight ain't over just yet!

In spite of the losses, I've learned to love trading and I would love to be able to trade for a living some day. But I'm not their just yet. I can see it. I can feel it. I can almost taste it. But I'm not quite their yet. I have a lot to learn and that's why I'm here.

My biggest nimesis is letting a huge run go by. I hate to miss them! I have to dive in! If I miss a huge run I get this sinking, sick feeling in my stomach. Almost as bad as if I actually lost a lot of money on a trade. Then when I dive in, the market pulls 180 on me, so I have even a worse sick feeling. lol

Thanks for putting up this site Mike. I know I'll learn a lot (already have learned some), and I hope, as I learn, I will be able to contribute as well.

Good trading all.

precisetrader
United States

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Hi Guys,
I see a lot of traders here , nice forum, I am trading from over 7 years, last years mostly automated systems or manuals based on indicators.

seilsys 
Minneapolis, MN

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 2

Hi -

I stumbled on this thread while looking for some ideas for programming NinjaTrader indicators.

I have played around with trading but have only been intermittently successful. I have decided to work on taking the next step and getting more serious about trading to support myself while going to graduate school.

I enjoy math and programming and perhaps can contribute something of value back to the community over time.

Arno66 
Australia

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Dorman
Thanks Given: 645
Thanks Received: 25

I have been trading for around 4 years with mixed success. I hope that I will learn enough to be more consistent. I am trading the Dax, manual and automated.

Thank you mike for the site and others contributing. I have already learned heaps.

Adriaan

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

Trading: (M)ES, (M)NQ
Thanks Given: 442
Thanks Received: 336

Hello, everybody.

I found this great site via the Ninja world - although I am a long-time Tradestation user, I prefer to execute short term trades via Ninja's Chart Trader to Interactive Brokers.

I trade cash forex and futures, primarily 6E, 6B and FDAX during the European morning.

I have been checking out a lot of indicators on this site - a bit distracting really, especially as I have just bought Al Brooks' book ! But my indicator count is coming back down - chart of today's 6B duly attached (no trades as I was on vacation last week and NEVER trade first day back).

J.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B 03-10  01_03_2010 (8 Range).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	8881  

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts