NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,796 views
    2. thumb_up 12,007 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

neko333 
Hawaii

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: GC, CL, NG
Thanks Given: 103
Thanks Received: 33

Hi. Nice to meet you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

neko333 
Hawaii

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: GC, CL, NG
Thanks Given: 103
Thanks Received: 33

bascher View Post
I am a beginner and new here. I hope that I can support forum.

Best regards
Benjamin

Hi, nice to meet you

bobbakerr 
Riverdale, Idaho, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Optimus Futures + MultiCharts + TradeStation
Broker: Optimus Futures, Rithmic Data, TradeStation
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 241
Thanks Received: 51

Thanks, neko. This seems like a very friendly and extremely helpful Forum. I'm glad I found it and became a member.

neko333 View Post
Hi. Nice to meet you.

DavesRisk
Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Traders.
I've been trading Futures almost a year now and I'm still struggling to stay profitable but I feel that I learn something every day.
I use TOS and Infinity and I like to trade the open of the London and NY sessions.
Good Luck Trading to everyone.
Dave

FactChecker 
Chattanooga, TN

Platform: NinjaTrader, eSignal
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 787
Thanks Received: 5

Hi Mike... Thank you!

I'm glad to be here and be a part of this great forum. Congratulations on all this. You've done an amazing and wonderful job!

tammyd549
vancouver, canada

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 55

wgreenie View Post
Hi Tammy

There's a thread on Futures brokers:

<link>

Plus my experience as follows:

1. Interactive Brokers (IB)

You can trade both stocks and futures. US$10,000 to open an account. Poor customer service.

2. AMP Futures

I believe US$2,000 or US$2,500 to open an account. Trade futures only. $400 margin requirement for most futures. Reasonable commission fees (not the most economical). Free data from ZenFire.

3. Mirus Futures

US$2,500 to open an account. Trade futures only. $500 margin requirement for most futures. Commission fees less expensive than AMP (not substantial) and slightly more expensive than IB. Free data from ZenFire.

4. Global Futures

The broker did not honor his verbal offer on certain futures' commission fee + I do not like their trading platform. I only tried one though.

I'm using IB and Mirus. Based on my communication with AMP and Mirus, I've found the AMP rep was more responsive. Sincerely hope that the above may help. Good luck!

Beth

Thanks for the info Beth, and nice to "meet" you

I may need to ask you a few more questions about this as I go, I hope you don't mind ...

Take care,
Tammy

5panners
UK

Thanks Given: 0

Hello all,

I just stumbled on this great site last week and looks as if it will help me learn to trade.

I'm interested in the futures YM, ES and have been back testing a couple of simple strategies during the past year or so. I've also been trying out the NinjaTrader on a sim account.

A couple of questions if I may...

- Are there any futures markets that are more suitable for beginners?

- Does anyone here trade the opening gap successfully? Is this a valid long term strategy?

Thanks for any assistance.

I also have some programming experience, but do need to learn C#.

fearful syymmetry 
Tempe, AZ

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: - /IQFeed
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 4

...fearful symmetry indeed!

Although I am cautious by nature, I have become interested in day trading and believe I have some things in my background that may be helpful or, of course, create deep problems I will have to overcome:

I have designed mechanical EOD mutual fund index trading systems for years. It requires mental discipline to follow a system that does not re-position a trade signal for two days out and where trades are often weeks apart.

I have experienced the systems-imposed agony of not being able to react to something I perceive unfolding in real time.

Recreational musician...familiar with interpreting harmonies, melodies (trends) and counter-melodies (counter-trends) graphically represented as dots and lines on a page.

Engineering and statistics background...I can at least follow the conversations of some (some!) technical trading discussions.

Used Autocad and technical animation for years so another experince with graphical representation of other realities...drawing lines / connecting dots...mechanical design work.

I played around with NT earlier this year, but will likely adopt MC early in 2010 when their version of DOM may be available. Planning on starting with ES as I have the most familiarity with the S&P from my EOD research.

I have really appreciated reading other people's journals over the past months. Big Mike is a great encourager! I don't know how he has the bandwidth to keep up with this site and trade - it would be too many voices in my head.

Get well soon, Mike!

What immortal hand or eye, could frame thy fearful symmetry? -- William Blake, "The Tyger"
Thanked by:
DeadCatBouncer
New York

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 36

Hi Big Mike and everyone else. Glad to be here! As for a little bit about myself, well, I like playing pinball and I like pretty girls. Pretty girls are almost as awesome as pinball, but pinball doesn't make the world go round. Some days I think that pretty girls are better than pinball, but that's usually not the case. And no, I'm not a pinball wizard so please don't ask. I'm always mistaken for one when I'm out in an arcade and it gets a little annoying. I kid, I kid.

On a serious note though, I'm an experience trader and I trade the CL almost exclusively. Am I as good at trading the CL as I am at pinball you may ask, and the answer is no flippin way!

Glad to have joined the crew here.
DCB

Thanked by:
b4best
San Antonio, Texas, United States

Thanks Given: 2

I'm new here, and am an inexperienced trader. I have no advice to give as I'm not successful at trading yet, and don't pretend to be.
I've been experimenting with Forex for about 8 months and just can't seem to figure it out. My frustration has brought me to this site, and I'm hoping to learn and eventually contribute.

Good luck to all

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts