NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

wokuku 
Bay Area

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I have been trading options for a while now with mostly credit spread/csp strategy and is profitable. I would like to educate myself more with futures trading and see if that’s an area I would like to invest myself into. Currently I am trying out different platforms and learning the different styles of trading to see which one I want to spend more time on.

I have a small account in IBKR that I will be using to papertrade/small 1 lot mes trades and trying to figure out if I want to spend more time on learning the order flow or use that in conjunction with vwap. Will see

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 crw128 
Sydney Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

Hi Big Mike and all. I started my futures journey about three years ago. I started off with doing a couple of futures trading courses, followed by a lot of sim trading, i am now live trading profitably after a couple of failed attempts. I trade the ES with NT. I joined this site for the community and to keep up to date with the industry.

Cheers

Thanked by:
 Nebelung 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: E-Mini ES
Thanks Given: 0

Hi all. Just another hobbyist trader here. Been trading stocks and options for a few years, but have been getting into futures (ES mostly, also RTY) in recent months. Have done some experiments with algo trading as well, with limited success. Using SierraChart for futures/algo and TOS for my stocks and options trading.

Have read several threads that I was linked to by Google from this forum and decided to join myself!

Sembora 
Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate/Jigsaw/SierraCh
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 69

When I'm not exercising my profession as a simultaneous language interpreter (English, Spanish, and Portuguese), I'm focused on trading. Since the mid 1980s I've been fascinated with the markets. I was a rookie stockbroker in 1987 when the crash shredded the few customers I had in my account book. I held that job just long enough to know that I didn't want to be a stockbroker, I wanted to be a trader.

I didn't have any capital at all, so I began trading single options in large cap names. Later in the 80s I got burned playing with a pork bellies futures contract. I was in South America for most the 1990s – disengaged from the markets – so I missed out on the dot-com boom. In 2010 I was back in options (never had the 25k to day trade, so I had to make each day's trade or two really count). Then, in 2012-2014 I got involved in trading futures (ES and NQ). I've been hooked since, but I've also blown up twice.

After a few years away from the markets, I returned this year. The difference this time around is that I have approached my trading as a business I aspire to build. I've become a devoted student of trading, have developed a handful of trades that give structure to my daily work. And I've discovered the joys of being consistently profitable. Of course, I'm still capable of sabotaging my own wins from time to time – but I'm improving.

I like to use golf and sailing as metaphors when I speak of trading. The names of my 3 setups in my playbook are: Drive, Chip, and Putt. Sailing terms are for risk management: reef in the sail, let out the sheet, return to harbor, wait until tomorrow, Destination not ETA, etc.

So, glad to be here. I look forward to learning from those who gather here to talk trading!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Nebelung 
Los Angeles, CA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: E-Mini ES

Sembora View Post
I like to use golf and sailing as metaphors when I speak of trading. The names of my 3 setups in my playbook are: Drive, Chip, and Putt. Sailing terms are for risk management: reef in the sail, let out the sheet, return to harbor, wait until tomorrow, Destination not ETA, etc.

I love the sailing metaphors.

I'm a pilot (private pilot, flying bugsmashers) and I find that the risk management concepts and skills I learned during training for my pilot certificate apply very neatly to trading. I expect that sailing has very similar concepts that are applicable.

Thanked by:
Vertical
Hilo HI

Hi, I came across this site while researching some indicators. Looking forward to be part of this forum.

Thanked by:
JMG7713
Chicago, Illinois

Hello Everyone, I've been a member of the community for a very long time, but have not spent much time here. Looking to learn, focused more than ever on making trading a priority.

Looking to explore the threads, and learn and share. I think I've tested about 3 million different indicators, in many different configurations, so would love to hear what others have been using.

Always looking to learn, or share experience.

Thanks, and be well,

JG

Thanked by:
Deekayz
St. Gallen + St. Gallen

Thanks Received: 2

Hi my name is Deekayz im froms Switzerland and im a absolutly Beginner in this Scene.

But im very Intresting about this Theme.
Im 34 Years old, living in switzerland and yeah thats it hehe

Thanked by:
 Moptop 
Pittsburgh, PA

Platform: Etrade
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 1

My name is Ryan and I'm a new trader. I'm trying to convert to a more active trader after being a boglehead. My mind was changed by Jack Schwager's books. I've found a forum to be hugely helpful in my regular profession and was looking for something similar to help me with my trading.

Thanked by:
AlexP33
Milan + Italy

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 7

Hello Mike! Hello People!
I'm a beginner in this interesting world and I've already half wrecked my account...stupid newbie errors...now I've stop,and I've understood that I must to do things at my pace and do a ton of simulation.I'm here in order to learn and try new things!

Cheers!

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts