NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,796 views
    2. thumb_up 12,007 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Willbur
Cologne Germany

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 10

I have been with this theme fulltime for 4 years and trade FDAX and FGBL.
(TT via AMP, Rithmic data feed to Agena Trader for charting)

Besides I program now and then because I can still do it from my original occupation.

If it used to be a goal to realize a fully automatic machine, I've reduced myself to hybrids in the meantime.
Small assistants who help me with my daily work and offer functionality tailored to my style.

After some projects in C++ for MetaTrader 5, I wrote C# under .Net for the Agena Trader in the last two years.

I'd like to change it for another platform now - maybe Sierra Charts - and I'm looking for a way to efficiently familiarize myself with the programming there.

That's how I got into this forum!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
antonyg
Aswan + Aswan/Egypt

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

nice to be a member here

Thanked by:
FutOptStk
Karlsruhe Germany

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hi everybody!
Glad to be part of your community.
I had tried many things over the years (with long gaps between) but finally went to algo trading with own programming 3 years ago, which brought a big relief on my emotions. Still frustrating if one counts the many "good" ideas that simply do not add up, but that is part of the game.
Besides futures I do some options trading and stock trading as well, but futures become more important.
I wish you all good luck and good trades!

Thanked by:
hsling
Hong Kong , China

Graduated from university for a few years, determined to achieve financailly free by investing. Here to learn and grow and exchange thoughts hopefully. Mostly trading index futures, and currently learning algotrading, I am very glad to join this platform!!

Thanked by:
zibet
plovdiv

Hello members, just wanted to share my first reply and introduce myself.

Thanked by:
MegatronG1
birmingham, westmidlands

Thanks Given: 1

Glad to be here, I hope I can learn from this forum as I have lost a boat load of money trying to trade the futures market.

thanks.

Thanked by:
Matthew2158
Salisbury, NC

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 5

Hi,

I've only been trading about 2 months, EP and RTY on Multicharts.NET platform via AMP Futures. My career background is in the agriculture equipment business and farm technology.

I've got a trading system I purchased from a private trading group near Atlanta and things would probably be going well if I could just stick to their rules (pretty easy to follow). There are few trading opportunities in a day with their system, so I started "guessing" and trading outside the parameters which bit me hard! I got a little frustrated with the emini ES so I keep it on the side and started dabbling with emini Russell 2000 (RTY) developing my own system and losing more money in the process. I only day trade these two futures. I am eyeing corn right now mainly due to the low margin requirements and my natural interest in grain production.

Frankly, I am not sure trading is for me but I chose this career path because there is real income potential and it lets me work from home, be close to my young family, and work on my terms instead of a boss's or industry demands. Plus I am learning something new I never dreamed of doing, which is interesting and keeping my mind sharp. Looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing some good ideas with this forum group. Really hoping to turn good profits so I won't have to go back to a "regular job" soon. Haha.

God bless,

Matthew

Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

Matthew2158 View Post
Hi,

I've only been trading about 2 months, EP and RTY on Multicharts.NET platform via AMP Futures. My career background is in the agriculture equipment business and farm technology.

I've got a trading system I purchased from a private trading group near Atlanta and things would probably be going well if I could just stick to their rules (pretty easy to follow). There are few trading opportunities in a day with their system, so I started "guessing" and trading outside the parameters which bit me hard! I got a little frustrated with the emini ES so I keep it on the side and started dabbling with emini Russell 2000 (RTY) developing my own system and losing more money in the process. I only day trade these two futures. I am eyeing corn right now mainly due to the low margin requirements and my natural interest in grain production.

Frankly, I am not sure trading is for me but I chose this career path because there is real income potential and it lets me work from home, be close to my young family, and work on my terms instead of a boss's or industry demands. Plus I am learning something new I never dreamed of doing, which is interesting and keeping my mind sharp. Looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing some good ideas with this forum group. Really hoping to turn good profits so I won't have to go back to a "regular job" soon. Haha.

God bless,

Matthew

Welcome to futures.io, Matthew! I will offer a few insights, although I rarely, if ever, get responses to my posts on the welcome threads. I am only about 8 months ahead of you (in terms of focused trading instruction -- I have been reading & dabbling for over 20 years), still learning, still have a full time+ job, and teetering on being profitable. If you are a Christian, I am an older brother in Christ. I started live trading in September 2019, I am batting over .500, but I have a lot of small wins and a couple of big losses that pretty much took away all my profits and then some. The main winners, as usual, are the brokers and trainers.

I know you probably do not want to hear this, but I have found it to be trite but true that this is a marathon and not a sprint. There is good money to be made but you have to be patient, diligent, and disciplined -- not bad traits for any worthwhile endeavor and life in general. You are competing with other people for a pile of cash, so you have to work harder and play smarter than a lot of others.

We are blessed with a computer between our ears that is still far ahead of any machine in just about every way but sheer speed of placing orders. And we can go the route of algo trading if we choose, but they only speed up the win-loss situation.

If you are pretty well grounded in the basics, I would recommend reading Corey Rosenbloom's book, "The Complete Trading Course". You can get it on Kindle as well as other formats. Another good book I am currently reading (recommended by Axia Futures) is "The Talent Code" by Daniel Coyle. Here is a teaser for that book:

I can also recommend some groups/forums if you are interested in basic or advanced learning.

God's blessings to you as well!

techa 
Wilmington, NC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Infinity Futures, TOS
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 92

Matthew2158 View Post
Hi,

God bless,

Matthew

The psychology of trading within the rules is very difficult to master. One thing that helped me is I would review my trades (the good, the bad and the ugly) and see if there was a pattern to the best and worst trades. What I discovered was that I did well when trading open but then blew all my profits and then some the rest of the day. At this point I only allow myself one trade in the morning so it forces me to be more patient for an optimal setup. If it fails I wait until the next day to try again. I also highly recommend using micros as you hone your trading style. Yes, the results seem miniscule, but the risks are minimized too allowing you to stay in the game long enough to establish a good system. Best of luck!

Thanked by:
 bchip 
Torino, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 116

Willbur View Post
After some projects in C++ for MetaTrader 5, I wrote C# under .Net for the Agena Trader in the last two years.

I'd like to change it for another platform now - maybe Sierra Charts - and I'm looking for a way to efficiently familiarize myself with the programming there.

That's how I got into this forum!

Have you looked at Ninjatrader? It has an open source C# framework

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts