NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,234,064 views
    2. thumb_up 12,002 thanks given
    3. group 6,317 followers
    1. forum 10,643 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

AllenP
Atlanta, GA

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1

Hey Big Mike,

I have been a swing trading for years. I like fibs and enjoy learning more about them. My base charts use 3 indicators that a veteran successful trader taught me. With this relativily recent choppy market, I am trying to learn day trading using index futures band just trade the micros until I feel comfortable enought to trade the mini's.

I Lost several thousand the first few months, but now I am just static with a sideways P/L after being introduced to VWAP's and other intra day tools. I came to this site when I was looking for some TradeStation language to tweek my current studies. I also use TOS.

Anyway, this looks like a great site. I am more of a reader than a contributer. I just don't have the confidence or the knowledge to help with study scripts.

Allen

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
DarkTemplar
Kitchener. Ontario. Canada

Thanks Given: 0

Hey everyone.

I've been visiting this place for years, since it was called Big Mike.

I am STIR futures trader, SOFR and Euribor. Also index futures sometimes.

Living in Canada but original from Spain.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
colm73
old town usa

Thanks Received: 4

BerdiWolf View Post
Hi.... I just came across this site today whilst trying to answer a question about Tradestation (since resolved). I think that being part of an active community of traders can be enormously constructive as a forum for seeding and developing new ideas and refining old ones.

Thanks for creating this space Big Mike!

Same reason I just arrived.

I tried using tt bracket.. it did nothing. order log shows it went through.
anyway...
still a newb at 8 months. No real success. paper trading in real account and placing small bets...small loss.

Hope to learn some things.

my first day is a big red line in spetmeber. LOL.
rude awakening.

I trade futures. mini ES mostly. sometimes MGC, CL.

Glad to find a place to chat.. I do not chat much about trading with anyone.

Thanked by:
rpgtrades
Raleigh, NC

Thanks Given: 4

Hello Everyone,

My name is rpgtrades. I am a 23 year old futures trader from North Carolina. I am looking forward to being apart of the community and hope that I can add some value! Hope everyone is doing well and is big green for 2023!

Sincerely,
rpgtrades

Thanked by:
 Fripi 
Brussels Belgium

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 25

Hi,

Belgian, 45 years and all new and fresh in the trading world, looking forward to learn more.

Will be active on Futures ES only for now, short sessions of scalping using EMA 200 + alligator indicators on NinjaTrader.
First day was a +290.80 $, if I can keep it between +50 and +300 daily it will be a very good start

good luck to everyone !

Thanked by:
gabodvzla
Barinas, Venezuela

Thanks Given: 11

I am from Venezuela, a country with a difficult economic situation, in trading I have seen hope. Now, I have found many trading pages but never one as good as this one, I congratulate you

Thanked by:
ChakibFX
Agadir, Morocco

Thanks Given: 1

Hello!

I'm from Morocco, I have been trading for a year. I like to learn all related trading. I hope to learn a lot from the guys in this forum. I use Jigsaw Daytradr, Thanks for all.

Thanked by:
 Bron 
Celje, Slovenia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 8

Hello fellow traders at futures.io,

It's a pleasure to introduce myself to this wonderful community. I hail from Spain but currently reside in the Balkans, where I have been actively trading ES with volume profile (VP) and levels.
I am always eager to connect with like-minded individuals who share my enthusiasm for the markets.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to an awesome journey at futures.io.

Thanked by:
Matthias123
Luzern Switzerland

Hallo all,

finally I got time to introduce myself.

I entered the Trading world 2 yeras ago. At that Point i didnt know what Futures are or what bid and ASK means, complete noob.

I bought a course where i learned the basics about Market Profile, Volume Profile, footprint and some candle Stick Setups. I studied IT for around 6 Month.

But this didnt Work Out for me. Looking Back, IT hast been either a Lack of Screentime./ Experience and of course Patience.

I then got Access to a Coaching with more depth in Volume Profile and Market Profile.
Also the orderbook was used to enter and Exit Trades.

At that Point i alredy had Developer a better understanding of the "Market".
And a very Basic understanding of Absorption and different es in Action processses Reading the orderbook.

But again something hast still been wrong. Some good days some good Trades butbalso complete Desaster. Actually I never asked myself why I struggle or what i News to do.better. I Just continued.

At thisnpoint I had been in the Game for 1 year.

I joined a patreon with the Sole Focus on 1 Minute Footprint scalping.
I thought I finally.found my Style and Had some profitable streaks. I Trader Like this for 1/2 year and got a decent understanding of the orderflow in the Footprint.

I finally Made my First Funded Account with a prop firm and lost IT in the First day.

At this Point there was No room for any excuses. I was abvious that after 1 1/2 years I
have enough "technical" knowledge and enough Market understanding/Screentime To be profitable. And I have been for short periods Like 1-2 weeks. The reason for Failure hast been my inability to Stick to my Trading Plan/strategy.
And the inability to managebmy mindset/Emotionen while trading. And of course habital Pattensen in my eeveryday Life aswell.

Finally after 1 1/2 years I Starter to ASK myself what i need to fix/do to succeeed.
I Started to get knowledge about psychology,mindset and managing of emotions in Trading.
I realized that in the fast 1 min scalping strategies ITS was Harder to maintain focussed and emotional Control. I still think that my scalping strategy IS the lowest variance and Most consistent strategy I am able to trade, but IT IS also the mental/psychological Mist difficult to master. So I went Back to First strategy approach I have been learning. Where I execute from a 3 min. time frame in predefined Locations Matching the preanalysed Market context. This doesnt require füll Focus and emotional Control all the time, Like the scalping. IT gives me.more room to observe myself. IT aso hast very vlear Rules for entrys and stops. This. Makes IT obvious when I don't Stick to the plan. And I can Catch myself in time.

Sorry for all the typos from my german Auto correct Phone. Will BE better in the Future when I Post yfrom PC.

I am Happy to diwcuss and Share and learn about:

Emotional Control
Mindset
Trade Journaling
Building consistency
And so in...

Feel free Auto contact .me

Matthias

Thanked by:
maico75
Vancouver, Canada

Hi everybody,

maico75 here from Canada.
Been trading for about eight months, mostly SPX Options and now learning Futures.
I did not have a great start, but I am learning how to get better every day, and that's the thing that makes me love trading, you are never at the end of your journey, learning one more thing makes you better on the next trade.
Look forward to sharing and reading from other options and futures traders, and give back to the community also!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts