NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,246,603 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

bchip 
Torino, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 116

Fiftyghosts View Post
Will you unpack this a little bit for me, please? Is the idea use the close of the prior day to suggest an entry, then close EOD?

As far as entering orders and allowing them to run through the day is concerned, I'd love to do that, but I don't trust orders to close correctly all of the time. I was with ToS, now with Tradovate. Nothing has happened for me to feel that way, I'm just paranoid, I think.

Hi. I didnt make any recommendations on your trading edge just to find an edge that works on EOD charts rather than intraday.
Enter orders only once a day and then forget about them. Personally find it much easier.

If your not comfortable with the position sizes it means that you should either consider reducing the size till it doesnt take up your mental energy
or (if risk management is fine) then probably analyze whats causing the paranoia...rather than forcing trades in a limited timespan;

It sounds like you have work/other commitments that limit your time to focus. In the end if you cant give your all then eventually you are
going to drop the ball on both sides. Rather aim for a setup where all your commitments can be met.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

lakka 
Warszawa

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hello. I am a beginner. Looking for knowledge.

Thanked by:
Glakt
Frankfurt, Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 4

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trading stocks occasionally for a few years, but I would like to start trading Futures regularly. I’m looking forward to learning and contributing with this community.

Thanks Big Mike!

Thanked by:
Luca73
Aprilia

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Hi everyone I have been following you for some time, this is my first message. Greetings from Italy

torch2k 
Moncton NB

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: GFF
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 9

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and new to trading in general. By profession I run a web development company, hosting, etc. I'm looking to get started in two areas, one being scalping the hot penny stock of the day, and the other being a slow-but-steady algo strategy that just plugs away for me while I continue to run my business.

Cheers
Phil

blueberry27
Dominican republic

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

[Hello, can anyone help me? I need to calculate the supply and demand of the order flow, but I don't know how to make the indicator.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ufff.png
Views:	143
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	306364   Click image for larger version

Name:	swisstrader_08 Mar. 02, 2015.png
Views:	271
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	306365  
futRIX
Albuquerque New Mexico USA

Thanks Given: 0

Hi everyone
I'm a swing trader who drilled down to find myself doing intraday. Now, I need to translate from pine editor to easy language. The quest thickens....

antonio29
Bucuresti Romania

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trading stocks for a few years, but I would like to start trading Futures regularly.
I’m looking forward to learning with this community.

Thanks Big Mike!

Chattanooga423
Chattanooga emini

hello my name is Jason im new to tradeing and ive found futures to work out nicely i hope i can learn alot i study more than 3 hours a day and look to help out in anyway if i can.

UnorthodoxTrader
Malta (country)

Hi All,

Glad to have come across such a vibrant community!

I started trading 3 years ago (more than half of it unsuccessfully), albeit I learned a lot along the way. Trading has always been an immense interest to me - the more I learned, the more dedicated I became towards the process.

I have been through many ups and downs, blowouts, moments of frustration and despair, re-thinking my system, re-calibrating, starting over and the list goes on...In a nutshell, all the terrible aspects one can think of, as well as all the traits a trader must get rid of - I had in my possession. Unfortunately, for me, it possed an even greater challenge as I suffer from ADHD and OCD, therefore, I am extremely emotional, impulsive, nervous, and I'm also the kind of guy who strives for perfection (terrible trait to possess as a trader bdw).

Many failures later (mainly due to lack of self-control), I figured that I had to work my way around my 'disability' as giving up was not an option in my books. One of the major changes that needed to be done was to decrease the number of strategies I used in order to trade less and better. This change helped me remain cool, calm, and collected as I was not required to trade everyday, and had I missed out on a trade in that particular day, it kept me back from feeling like I must search for another trade that conforms with one of the other strategies (had 8-10 of them). To be frank, I never backtested any of them as I did not and still do not understand anything about programming - this made the learning process even more frustrating. Granted, I used my own form of backtesting in tradingview, but it was by far, not as accurate as a programmable backtest.

Today, I day trade once - three times a week max. I only use two strategies, which both fall under the counter-trend category. I felt that this system suits my personality way better than what I was previously trying to do. In addition, I can scale up confidently without any sort of regret. At this moment, I am looking for ways to improve my system, such as, potentially, introducing a scaling in/out method (I'm an all in/all out type of guy), further increasing my size, and allowing some trades to turn into swing trades.

I am hoping to learn more from you guys, as well as pass on all I learned from this beautiful, yet painful journey

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts