NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,087 views
    2. thumb_up 12,006 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

JBroex
Istanbul

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 19

Hi Everyone!

My Name Is Jerome and i just joined the forum.
I have been trading for quite a while now (a bit professional and more on the side).
My goal is to finally jump a level upwards.

I used to trade fx with metatrade but brokers issues were quite tough.
After reading some systems trading books i decided this was the way to go.
Since tradestation is highly recommended in this area i joined them and im just trying tonlearn the easylanguage coding and backtesting before going live.

Good trading!

Jerome

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 Frank88 
The Hague Netherlands

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: CL, Emini ES, Emini NQ, YM, FDAX, Gold, Silver
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the opportunity to join this forum.
In the past I blew up my Philip Capital account. They charge to much for withdraw to Europe.

I'm starting all over again. I have to approach it as a job and not as a hobby.
I use a sim account on NT 8.

Know I'm looking for a broker and good affordable data provider.

Hoping to learn a lot here

edwarac 
Naha, Okinawa/Japan

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Emini NQ
Thanks Given: 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andrew. Happy to be here. I am relatively new to trading. I started dabbling around trading in Sept 2018 and blew 30% of a pretty sizable account before getting frustrated and walking away after about six months. I returned in August and made back everything I lost earlier, plus an additional 20%. As luck would have it, I lost 70% of that total during the downtrend that started on September 3rd. Feels like I'm swimming up a creek without a paddle.

I struggle with an exit strategy and risk management so I'm hope I'll be able to learn a few things here. I doubt that I will be able to contribute much at the moment, but I hope to do that as my experience improves.

Andrew

Thanked by:
bluecore
Indonesia

Thanks Received: 0

EXPLANATION OF RED LINE ENGINEERING DETAILS, DO NOT SKIP !!!

jwilly
Pontiac Michigan USA

Hi folks. Jwilly here. I joined about a month ago but due to technical difficulties I'm off to a very slow start.

About me; I'm from the state of Michigan. I spent my teen years on a small farm milking cows by hand and making crops, so it's natural for me to trade grains and meats. I don't use very many indicators in my trading. Mostly I trading the price action. I like to brag that I'm still trading my original account. When I drew it down to $296 I quit trading and got some help. I'm not as active in the markets as I once was and my targets are not as far out as before.

I'm looking forward to inter-acting went with some of you folk now that I have found a friendly forum.

Thanks and best of good trades to you all.

Thanked by:
ridethebull
Los Gatos

Hi Everybody,

I've been trading options since the early 1990's. I worked for a few big high tech companies as a product manager in silicon valley and it seems like my skills and age are no longer wanted in the work force? After my third liberation at the end of 2019 I turned to trading full time.

I started trading futures in 2006 but didn't have any luck. I started swing trading options on gold futures this year. After being high and mighty making over 30K, I blew up my account. Now I'm modeling some algo's using TradeStation trying to autotrade the S&P 500 futures. My engineering buddies and I are trying to use Artificial Intelligence with a direct pipe into TDAmeritrade to see if we can consistently make money.

I've researched the MACD, DI+, DI-, DMX and putting this all together. Seems like sometimes these indicators pay off and other times it's a waste of time. By reading a few online forums, it seems like everyone is looking for the holy grail of trading.

I watched BigMikes Multichart video on youtube which brought me to futuresio.

I look forward to some healthy discussions on this forum. Any advise on indicators will be greatly appreciated.

DanO

Thanked by:
andrianjames112
Dallas

Hello, I am James. New to the forum. I am a financial Adviser and also a bitcoin mining agent for a private firm at Hillcrest an urban part of San Diego, California. I have been trading fx, binary options and cryptocurrency for a few years now. I also help people make profits through bitcoin mining.
Here is my number
662 278-0822

Sent from my 5085Y using Tapatalk

Thanked by:
 vinchaels 
Fort Worth

Platform: NT8
Trading: ES, NQ, MES, MNQ
Thanks Received: 8

Hi,

I'm a beginner and been daytrading/scalping for about 6 months now... blew up my account once and realized that this isn't as easy as youtubers would have you believe. Like everything worth doing, there is a real skill that needs development to be successful. Taking it slow and learning the craft one strategy at a time. Doing alot of backtesting now and trading on paper account before risking real money. I trade mostly one MES/MNQ contract with a daily target of $50-100 and switching to sim trading after hitting my target. The goal is to be more consistent and add contracts as my account grows. i'll go back to trading ES/NQ at some point in the future.

I really love the challenge of daytrading/scalping. Hope to do this for years to come.

Thanked by:
Opete
Midland, Texas

Hello EV1, I hope that this is the place that I am looking for. I am new to trading, usually I would just let my 401k be managed by my work funded account. But I have this itch that has been with me for a long time, that itch wants me to try my hand at managing my own trades. I have been searching the web and mostly felt lost due to the amount of programs out there for new traders... yea right, they just want my money. I found futures.io and this is looking hopeful.

Thanked by:
 Baconfish 
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Market Pro
Trading: Stocks

Hi All
I enjoy investing and learning. I am interested in Elliott Wave, learning more and perhaps finding a software that will help me learn. I can certainly use all the help I can get. There are many sites to lean from but the trick is to find the good ones. Hopefully this site will be of help.
Cheers

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts