NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,680 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

clearpatten5
San Francisco

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Took a break from trading and diving back in. Coded several strategies back-tested great 65%. Testing live to confirm. Looking to share and bounce resource to each other.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
11 thanks

trdX 
Athens Greece

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Futures, Futures Options
Thanks Given: 2

hi everyone,

Registered long time ago but not been active till recently so it's time to introduce myself.

Trading ES futures and options using different strategies. I am using IB and NT with kinetick data. I really like the algo futures of NT which allow you to build a strategy without using any coding. I would like to see them adding Options support thought. That would be great.

cheers

Thanked by:
caniwi
Alberta, Canada

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 5

Greetings,

New trader here, currently on SIM, but looking to go live soon.

Have taken a training course that has really helped...

Using NinjaTrader 8

Stumbled on this site when researching the possibility of having a Think or Swim indicator my training coach has shared converted to NT. This is all new to me!!

Looking forward to exploring this resource.

Bruce

Thanked by:
bltcrk
Ventura, CA

Thanks Given: 1

Hi all.

I'm interested in swing trading stocks and options. I was a daytrader for 6 months in 2019.

I was a registered rep at a privately-owned discount brokerage for about 7 years before it was sold in 2018.

Stay safe!

Thanked by:
TraderAnna
Budapest,Hungary

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 27

Hi All,

I have been learning short term trading from a friend of mine for a year. I mostly scalp equities and trade new announcement from my Squawk radio/twitter. Charts are usually turned off and I am using only one monitor. I have only done SIM trades on TT demo then got funded but didn't get paid. I will share my experience later.
No prior trading experience. Still learning and trying to achieve consistency.

TraderAnna

Thanked by:

MDRider 
Washington, DC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkOrSwim, GAIN
Trading: CL Futures Options
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 11

Hello to all! I found futures.io a few months ago, but haven't spent much time on the site yet, so I finally decided to take the plunge and go Elite today - looking forward to exploring a new resource for learning, networking, commiserating, etc!

I traded futures for a few months many years ago, but managed to blow up my account and decided to hang it up. When the pandemic hit last year, I figured it was a good time to get back in. I quickly discovered that I really enjoy trading and wanted to learn more about selling naked futures options. I took a great course at optiongenius.com (not an ad, just an endorsement) that Allen Sama calls Blank Check Trading and have really enjoyed the weekly Zoom group calls. He's got a straightforward approach without being judgmental and just seems to enjoy teaching.

Any strategy takes time to learn and we all make mistakes. Despite trying to follow Allen's rules, I managed to drop to about half my original stake (mostly by setting stops), but have finally turned things around and am making a fairly consistent profit now. I guess I've learned to read the charts a little better!

I'm hoping to find the right discussion group on this site and could use some help. Basically, I've become comfortable selling oil futures (WTI) options - it's a slow and steady approach (you essentially wait for theta decay each month) that fits pretty well with my very busy day job (developing vaccines). There's also significant profit potential, but I need to learn more about making adjustments when the market goes against my predictions. I have an account at DeCarley Trading for my SDIRA funds - it's a boutique brokerage and even though it's great to work with Carley Garner, the GAIN software is limited. I primarily use a margin account at ThinkOrSwim to analyze and think about chart patterns and have dabbled in programming in ToS to improve the indicators. Any advice on which group to try here?

Thanks in advance - stay healthy!
MDRider (love to ride bikes in Maryland and I'm also an MD)

Thanked by:
HonestBroker
Cologne, NRW

Thanks Given: 0

Hi, new trader here.
Gathered a little bit of experience in the last few years being a "long term investor" i.e. hold MSFT and APPL etc. and forget about it.
I don't really know where I read about it first, but the idea of swing trading resonated with me and I ordered all the classics to devour and learn everything I could.
Now I am here and hope I can contribute a little bit to the community.

Thanked by:
elnegrako
Barcelona/Spain

Thanks Given: 2

Hi,
I been here for long time but I nevers said anything.

I'm glad to be here and offer my help if its necessary.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
vluskr
Perth, WA

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

Hi All,

Another newbie introduction.

I came from the world of share trading. The time zone I cam currently in does not allow me to focus in full on US stock exchanges hence I had to look at something else that is less time restrictive and still with reasonable liquidity.
I did a bit of a research and came up with three options: cryptos, Forex/CFDs and futures. Cryptos may be an option but I am a middle-aged conservative dude so I bear some degree of general skepticism about cryptos. Does not mean I won't be trading them at one stage (my understanding it is 24/7 game what's really appealing) but not now. Forex and CFDs are even less appealing as I struggle to trust poorly regulated market makers. Futures was the remaining choice.
I am trying to master discretionary trading approach primarily going beyond scalping timeframe but my hold time it less than in swing trading. I'd say somewhere within 30 mins or so. It does not mean I settled on my strategy, it is just something what I am trying at the moment. I am a believer in price action mostly because I am too green for anything else. Lastly, I am more short selling biased - maybe due to my pessimistic view on things :-)
I just started trading live after some period of paper trading but with very small quantities on micro contracts. My favorite so far is micro crude oil but MNQ and MES are the other two options. I tried micro DAX but messing with currencies is not appealing.

Cheers,
V

Thanked by:
llmflyfisher
Corpus Christi TX

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 21

Hello guys! New member here, found browsing while looking to find a futures brokerage service for position trading commodity futures. Currently my daytrading futures brokerage is AMP Futures. primarily trade NQ intraday.

Looking forward to some good info and back-and-forth conversations.

Warm regards,

Keith

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts