NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,237,887 views
    2. thumb_up 12,002 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

JR2020
West Palm Beach, FL,USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi

Day trading was something I had in the back of my mind but since I had a full time job and did not have much time I limited myself to investing mostly in mutual funds and lately more on ETFs. I now have a lot more time so for the last couple of months I started day trading (maybe more like swing trading) primarily SPY with Fidelity. Because, as you all know, this type of trading requires substantial investment just to make a few dollars, I starting looking at other investment types and futures attracted me the most. And so I am new to futures trading and I heave yet to buy a contract. Since Fidelity does not offer futures contract, as a first step is to find a broker; I hope I can get some advice on that on this site. Step two, learn, learn, learn! .

Thank you all

JR

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
Noobtrader123
Houston, Texas

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

Hey everyone. I joined here as the next part of a long process of learning to trade. There is a lot of information on these forums and it is a little daunting. Look forward to getting to know the community.

Thanked by:
 CLEE 
Escondido, california

Experience: Beginner
Trading: Crypto, stocks, options

Hi all! I have been fascinated with the idea of day trading with the intent of making a living for it for almost 3 years. I am a newbie and looking forward to finding out great info to start this journey. I love what this forum is about and I think it will be a priceless tool for me.

Thanked by:
majc33
Toronto, ON, Canada

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome message.

I started actively trading since 2017. I mainly trade options. I also dabble in futures, but I am still learning. I have a small account and I'm trying to improve my skills. My main struggle is learning to identify the proper trade setups, executing and learning proper trade management.

Anyways, I'm here willing to learn and grow in the experience.

Thank you,

Jim

Thanked by:
k197
Rauma, Finland

Hi everyone,

I started my journey few years ago infrequently swinging forex on MT4. At the beginning I was experiencing some drawdowns of 10-20% on Monthly basis, and usually I was going back to B/E in the last days of the month with scaling in to very correlated positions which were going well... beginners luck.
Than I changed a bit my strategy and I learnt how to scale-in aggressively, and I still remember this one Friday when with my wife we were driving on holidays. The day was bright and green, road was empty and I just gave her my phone, so she could close my positions. She closed for me positions worth decent salary in some countries. Feeling of this kind of freedom dominated me. I knew since then that I want to devote myself to this. But my working hours were long. Too long.
So, being still young, having some decent savings I decided to devote my full time to trading.

It was last year. I am still not profitable, but still believing my decision was right. I am learning a lot every day, a lot of good things have happened in my life since then and my life is finally well balanced.

I discovered right and professional way of trading futures only in November last year. At the beginning I tried to trade few instruments but now I am narrowing my trading just to S&P E-minis. I trade only first 2 hours of NY session. The rest of my time I spend on journaling, education, enjoying every day and... trading Options on more mid-term basis, more for portfolio growth.

In comparison to the beginnings - I trade one instrument on the big screen, instead of 16 on 13-inches, I scale-out rather than scale-in, I use correlation leaders for hints rather than opportunity to scale-in, I observe inventory, liquidity areas, aggressive orders rather than candlesticks... in fact I don't use timeframe charts anymore.

I lost some money, but I treat it more as an education cost. Yet, cost of studying Finances on Harvard would be much more expensive

I had three weeks ago very consistent super profitable week.. and the next two weeks I blew totally. The plan is simple - to do what I did right, and not do what I did wrong...

Greetings to all of you, and happy trading!

Pool of traders
Moscow

Speculative trading in small and meduim segments of time in order to receive profit. Work inside the day and position trading.
The analysis of the market due to own trading system. The basis of trading system – analysis of market data, unindicated method, the volumes, the market profile, cluster analysis, the average course of the instrument.
The trading system is adaptable for any monetary volumes within the speculation framework for a period of up to 1-2 months.
Trading experience on MICEX (Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange), FORTS, CME, cryptocurrency.
I am studying the American stock market. Familiar with the popular programs for trading and analysis. Experience with sums up to 750.000$. The experience of organizing teamwork and personal management.

Thanked by:
 Deetee 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / IB /Rithmic
Broker: EdgeClear / InteractiveBrokers / Rithmic
Trading: DAX / (M)NQ / (M)ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,822
Thanks Received: 787

El Cesar View Post
Hello everyone!

I stared trading 4 year ago! I have been reading and studying a lot! My first steps was on eToro! I paid such a bulllshit course and I learnt that we can learn more by ourself! Nowadays, I've got my own NinjaTrader Lifetime license and only trade MES/ES!

I am great to be part of this community!

How was your experience on eToro? Did you copy trades? My brother in law is planning on doing that, but having success with that, sounds to good to be true. Am curious to hear opinions of people who actually have been doing that

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Deetee 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader / IB /Rithmic
Broker: EdgeClear / InteractiveBrokers / Rithmic
Trading: DAX / (M)NQ / (M)ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,822
Thanks Received: 787

Been there and sometimes still do those stupid things... Now more aware. Check convergent trading if you want to learn something serious. Run by futurestrader71, who did many webinars here on fio. He also has a daily trader bite on youtube.
Also here on fio lots of great stuff. Check out gfis1 one trade per day journal. Learned a lot from him.
Good luck
Baron25 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I've done the same thing - blew up accounts and traded impulsively because the price "looked like it was gonna" go up/down and it always went the other way with me establishing a new high where I go long or a new low where I go short.

Yes - I'm the one who makes the market do that.

A friend watched me trade for a while and named my trading style the "PSL" method. That stands for the Panic Stricken Lunatic method. And I earned that style name on a daily basis!

I know that when the market opens in the morning that I should watch and do nothing until I see what it's doing and I see a tradeable pullback of some kind. I know that if the market takes off not to chase it. Don't chase it! Whatever you do don't chase it! I know this! Now... the market opens, it takes off - and now I'm a Border Collie and an ice cream truck just drove by! And now I'm down $80! By the end of the day, I'm up maybe $10 or $20 and I'm promising myself to never do that again. Except that my trading provides me with a never ending series of days patterned after the movie "Groundhog Day".

I need some help here! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Baron25

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Platform: NT8, TView,MT4
Trading: Daytrade Futures, Swing Stocks, crypto and forex
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 10

Hello everyone,

Just joined, been trading 6 months, usual story of blowed up accounts. Finally getting it together.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Ries 
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Experience: None
Platform: Tradingview
Broker: Mexem

Hi there,

I accidentally came into contact with the world of trading about 6 months ago. Since then I have been fascinated by 'the story' of the candles on the charts and the psychology behind it. I haven't made a trade myself yet but I hope to be ready soon, both technically analytical and mentally. In any case, I am grateful for the useful tips and information on this forum.

Wish you all the best. Stay healthy!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts