NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,241,824 views
    2. thumb_up 12,009 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

bjunaid 
New York, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Stocks, Options, Futures,
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Mike and everyone,

I am a new trader and I am currently focused on creating my own completely automated trading strategy using Ninja Trader and in the future I want work on developing other strategies on other platforms as well. I have found this platform very helpful.

Thanks,
Junaid

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
ironjaw
London United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 0

Hello all,

New here. I'm from the UK and am interested in share dealing. It's all new to me, but my ultimate aim is to day trade abd leave my grueling career behind. I'm very patient and want to honestly learn to trade to progressively, patiently and slowly build up income and value. Hence, no CFD or spread or margins for me. Learned about trading, hearing about Forex three years ago and with all taht hype, I dipped my toes there but too volatile and I guess my personailty is more of a long term investor type hence decided shares would be my main choice. Now, I've been reading excessively about shares and trading and have tried to do as much research as possible and ended up here.

I'm with Hargreaves and Landsdown as UK broker, safe bet, £12 per trade in fees, but would like find a cheaper alternative and have been looking at First Trade or Degiro. Software-wise I am leaning towards Trendspider or TC2000 but I have a Mac. Haven't found any trading courses that teach a beginner after reading the threads on live trading rooms and vendors that scared me, so many scams out there. Although, I have thought about Mark Minervini's Master Trading Programe webinar that's coming up in Novemeber. I haven't so far heard any criticisms and have already ordered his book Stock Market Wizards. It's all a mind field so would welcome any help from fellow members here. I'm committed, no matter how long it takes.

Wealth is built on years of patience and hard work.

F

Thanked by:
 Kaiviti57 
Cairns,Queensland/Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Ninja
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Received: 6

Hello to all fellow traders.

I have been trading on and off for several years - more off than on. The off was mainly because I had lost all my money, confidence, and trust in the "system". Basically, I never really had a system - still don't have one that I have fully proven to work. I sort of do have a system now and one that would work if I can just stop trying everything else out as well. Discipline and focus are my main stumbling blocks.

The time has come that I must knuckle down and get serious about this. I am now committed to making trading my living from trading as soon as I can. I need to kick my current job and retire to trading. The system I am now concentrating on has been taught to me by a very dedicated trainer and trader, here in Australia. The problem I have with them though is that they charge like hell for their custom indicators. I am a bit of a programmer myself and am always willing to learn something new. I believe that if I know how an indicator has been programmed, I can have greater confidence in it. Today I did a bit of searching for indicators written by traders that do the same (or similar) thing to the indicators I am paying for. I have found a few and they are very good. I now need to learn how they were written and then tweak them to suit my style.

I am sure there are many traders out there that will be able to help me out in my journey. I look forward to colaborating with you all.

To Mike, many thanks for setting up and moderating this site. I am looking forward to being a part of it.

Regards, Ivan

gavinni1
ATL GA

Hi All,

I have been a trader since 2014. Still trying hard to create my own system. Recently I have been looking into DOM for dt and stumble into this wonderful forum. Hope we could thrive and have a good time here.

Thanked by:
 ChicagoTrading 
Chicago, Illinois/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkorSwim
Trading: Emini ES, Micro Emini MES & MNQ
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Thank you Big Mike and hello to the entire group, my heart goes out to each and every one of you for our chosen Trade
I look forward to learning and reading and helping some newbies here and there, I'm not a Pro either but I know its a lot to learn.

Good luck to all Traders and thank you again...

TheIslandTrader
Samar Philippines

Thanks Given: 15

Hi everyone, came across this community from a Linda Raschke Twitter link. The title was August Burnout, I guess some of you watched it. For me after a v good run I recently also had a bit of a painful "August Drawdown". Anyway, I've been here before (been actively day trading for over six years), so can put down to experience.

Looks like a great resource and good community so big thank you to Mike. Hope to find the time to participate a little. I mainly trade major stock indexes (or their derivatives) but also most other things when appropriate (or opportunity beckons). Tip for new traders, generally best to learn one animal first.. I've been trading the Dax a lot recently. For whatever reason, never did too well with bonds (but havent touched them for a good while).

Cheers, and be careful out there.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
inheritag
Nigeria

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks mike

Chaz Michael
Fayetteville Arkansas/United States

Thanks Given: 5

Hi I'm Zach and I'm really friggin new to all this. I've been seeing all these Motley Fool ads and wonder if its worth the $100 bucks a year?

I don't have a ton of extra money but it seems like investing here and there could be kind of fun- I signed up with etorro though I haven't used it much.

Anyway very happy to learn so thanks for the community big mike!

Zach

Thanked by:
beleebala
Hong Kong China

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. Stock trading is a national sport in HK. All these years I have been trading occasionally and irrationally. Now I am trying to learn technical analyses properly. Thanks for accepting me to the forum.

Thanked by:
SamMuller0927
Delhi+India

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

Hi everyone,

I'm a equities and options day trader, specifically a scalper. I've been trading the market since 2008, luckily when i entered the stock market I was a Sophomore and a Pre-med major, so just invested few bucks in stocks that I thought would eventually bounce because I thought these companies can never go belly up. For instance MSFT, C, MS, JPM, so it was mere luck that played role in my initial success! This initial success made me change my major to Finance and I thought by the time I'll graduate I'll be a millionaire, oh well that did not happen. I still remember the day I graduate with honors but didn't go to attend the ceremony because I was stuck in a over leveraged futures position and was down about $10.5K on it!

I blew through numerous accounts trying to day trade between 2010-2015 while keeping up with my day job, and it was sometime in 2016 when the light bulb went on for me! I started to see consistent gains and at the end of the year I had made profited similar to what I was making at my day job. That's when I decided that it's time to take this up full time. I took 3 months off at my job, just to see if I can really have the same mind set to make the money that I was making, because now I had the added pressure to pay the bills through my trading income. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, I performed pretty well. So I resigned from my day job and just solely focused on my trading. I'm a scalper so I take quick gains with size, and then I thought why not apply the same strategy to futures, yes I waited for over 2 years to do so because I was doing pretty decent with me equities and options trading, and then in the third quarter of 2019 I started to trade futures and since then have been doing pretty good!

I actually started to trade futures more than equities and options in the first quarter of 2020, but once the day trading margins were increased due to the high volatility because of COVID-19, my focus went back to equities and options. I do trade futures but it only constitute to 10% of my trading activity, and mainly in micro gold and es futures!

I look forward to increasing my futures activity once the day trading margins are back to what they were pre-Covid.

I hope you all are doing great in this market. Wishing you all the best.

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts