NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,388 views
    2. thumb_up 12,006 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

AndyTheChicken
Ottawa, Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

One of Mike's scripts is complaining to me "you've been a member of our community for 326 days but haven't posted anything yet" so, here I am. I'm a real person. I plan to look into daytrading at some point, but I'm still working on some fundamental analysis projects and learning Python. I plan to be a more active member one day, but I'm not there yet, this account is set up for when I need it. And hopefully, now I've posted something, the site's scripts will stop bugging me. Ha ha.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 ykpro11 
Parkville MD/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman Trading
Thanks Received: 2

Hi everyone,

I have been trading for about 6 months now and invested much of the time educating myself on trading psychology and "how not to get in my way" as this had been the area of trading that I initially struggled with the most. Right now I am focused on Process over Outcome - I am a big fan of order flow analysis (which I believe has helped with setting biases and further confirmation of my trade entries). I find myself at home with Futures.io forum as many of the posts here speak to me and confirm the reality that no one is alone in this "struggle" of trying to be a better Trader.
Thanks, Big Mike for your welcome messages and to every awesome persons' out there.

Thanked by:
thakuratul
Easton + PA/USA

Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone,
I have been trading off and on for a while now. Blew my account one time. Been very cautious ever since.
Learned that one should never ever send money to a brokerage to trade if the brokerage is out of USA.
They cannot be trusted. Typical Forex is a market that is not regulated. So best to stay away from it.
Learned that while is it lucrative to get into the futures market, still checking out the best person/company to follow. I cannot get into trading even for 2-3 hours a day since I work full time and my hours clash.
Looking at options trading.

Thanked by:
Calinorth
Stockton

Thanks Given: 1

Hi i'm a noobie trader looking to get in the game.

Thanked by:
Salasar
Toronto

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 10

Hi there! A newbie here My name is Jeremiah and I am from Toronto. I have been trading for the last 2 years. Mostly with crypto but I would also like to find new info about shares etc.

tsaila90
HONGKONG

Thanks Received: 0

Hello all,

Glad to be here. Look forward to learning and contributing.

nhineiti
carmel, I. USA

A new trader here as well,
i am an engineer, and lost more than one year of my salary on Ameritrade, the harder i tried, the more i lost till it was all gone. I honestly believe there is no winning with that system.
with the Money gone, i decided to restart small with Ninjatrader, and learn as much as i can as i go, contrary to my first trial.
It is a pleasure to meet you all, and hope to learn, and perhaps contribute when possible

Best
nhineiti

Thanked by:

Tiffsgreta 
Kanab utah/usa

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Zaner 360, Sierra Charts
Broker: Gain Capital, DeCarley Trading
Trading: ES, Options
Thanks Given: 359
Thanks Received: 34

Hi Everybody,
I am quite the newbie with a brokerage account which I am trading futures and Options - using recommendations from my broker. I have been doing this since March 2020 - It's always been my goal to become a successful - cautious - trader.

I look forward to the day when I am experienced enough to make my own trading decisions. Not quite sure how to get there yet, but I am watching.

Its great to be on this board though I'm not sure where to start, but I plan to change that soon
Greta

Thanked by:
socalcannabelle
Thousand Oaks + CA/US

Thanks Given: 2

Hello Everyone!

I'm Nicole and I have only been trading for a few months. I began on a TD Ameritrade account as well as a Robinhood account. It has been...OK. I'm exhausted trying to read everything on every stock and chase the home-runs. A family friend who does well offered to mentor me. He has been trading for 10+ years. He trades futures (gold and RTY) on Trade Station 9.5 and so I set myself up the same and I've been studying and trading the Mini RTY in TS Simulation account. My first few weeks were great, I had Renko bars, moving averages and MACD for indicators. This week has been nuts, I'm not sure if its the platform, which I am running on a Mac via Parallels or if it is just volatility, but I can't seem to catch the same setups I was just a week ago. The platform freezes and lags.

I'm thinking about using TOS from TD Ameritrade to trade futures, but I don't like it as much as Trade Station visually and functionally. I joined this forum to learn more from other traders and people smarter than I! I really appreciate the time and information shared here, as in my opinion, time is the most precious commodity

Be well,
Nicole
IMG_8902

Thanked by:
arielalejandro
Córdoba

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 28

Hello everyone. I´m Ariel from Argentina.
I have no experience with live trading but I was studying and practicing for the last 3 years to gain confidence and criteria. Now I´m think I´m ready, I know the psicological challenge of a live account is different than paper trading evethou I was executing the trades with all the rules and limitation that I would use live (hard stops, targets, not gambling but studying and have a good argument to enter, etc)
Since I can´t afford an account I going to make the mini gauntlet with a 50k account but with only 1 contract. I think that with the current volatilty it will give more room to stay alive. I´m not hurry to complete it in 15 days, or even a month, that is in my opinion probably one of the things that so many people fail. I was want to stay alive for another trading day and I don´t have a rush or neccesity to make a million dollars in 1 week.

Thank you and congrats for this excellent forum. I can´t believe the amount and quality of good people and info I already found in here.

Regards!

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts