NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,245,193 views
    2. thumb_up 12,014 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,514
Thanks Received: 26,292

casey44 View Post
(a ps edit: I see their discord link above does not appear to be fully loading

Hi @casey44, FYI, we automatically truncate discord links to prevent them being used. Unfortunately, some have been used to attract traders to the trading rooms of unscrupulous vendors where heavy sales pressure takes place, so we don't allow them any more.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

lexiegurl
Wilmington, NC

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone!

I stumbled on this site looking for something with TradeStation EasyLanguage and this seems like a fantastic place to learn a bunch, so I decided to join! Most of my trading (probably 95%) is options and futures trading. The rest is equities trading. I still consider myself a new trader, maybe starting to cross into the intermediate level, but there is so much I still don't know. I started trading in 2018 by jumping straight into options trading. After about a year and a half, I learned about futures trading and it looked interesting, so I also jumped right in. Since I work full time during the day, I enjoy futures trading right now due to the late-night trading availability. I do all of my trading currently through TD Ameritrade/ThinkorSwim and use that platform along with TradeStation for data and backtesting. I eventually want to move to a lower commission broker, but for now, I am happy with TDA with my low trading volume.

I look forward to learning more and interacting with everyone!

vnorman
Syracuse, New York

Thanks Given: 0

I just joined today, January 4, 2022. I'm an OLD trader, i.e., I am 72 and I've been trading since I was 30. I began with stock and traded in the old days when you had to call a broker to place a trade and pay an exorbitant amount of money in commissions. Things got much easier and better with the advent of information systems in the financial industry. I've had many ups and many downs. I lost 7 figures when the Dot-Com bubble burst in 1999-2000. I was out of the country traveling on business through most of that and took my eye off the ball. It took a while to recover. I can honestly say I didn't lose money during the 2008 financial crisis. I knew trouble was ahead when many people were buying million-dollar homes when they couldn't afford them. The banks and brokers went bonkers. I did capitalize on the 2020 coronavirus dip. Overall, I don't trade stock like I used to. I retired when I was 55 and I've been trading other things since. Today I focus mostly on the ES, taking a few trades every day when I see good setups. I don't use any indicators at all while trading. I'm just a price action person. I begin the day by using a few EMAs to ensure I know how the market is trending. Then it's just candles. When the trend is bearish I mostly sell short. When the trend is bullish I mostly go long. I'm winning more than I'm losing. I'm not into stop losses. I like to give my trades a lot of room to breathe. I know that's not generally accepted as a good idea. But I stopped listening to people either selling advice or providing free advice many years ago. I don't listen to anyone but my inner voice (with the exception of my wife, course!) I have no problem taking a loss if I believe the setup made sense. And I also don't have any issue with letting a good trade run for several hours or into the next day. Those are the ones that make your week. I could ramble on but I've likely overdone it here. Here's to all good trades in 2022!

ramumar1013
Bangalore India

Thanks Given: 1

Hi Mike,
Thanks for creating this forum and allowing me to join, I'm new to the platform & option trader Since 4 years..

I look forward to learning more and interacting with everyone!

Thanked by:
ivtrades
Fort Lauderdale

Not really new here per se as I have been lurking for a long time. Gonna start sharing more now

Thanked by:
TradingJoe
Bucharest, Romania

Hello,

Thank you for accepting me. I am a new futures trader and after loosing money in more volatile commodities I am now trading exclusively FGBL, because is slower ( as I am and a bit more predictable.
I'm really keen to learn from all of you.

All the Best !

Thanked by:
tifoji
Houston, TX

Been lurking for a while as I was watching, reading and learning. Hopefully I can post some meaningful contributions going forward. I love this place !

Thanked by:
Arthur85
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 5

Hey ya, just joined today after doing my research on latency issue for trading futures. I'm from Malaysia, when i was on SIM, i realized my latency was around 250ms. Hoping to hear some solutions from any traders from Asia/Oceania.

Thanked by:
 par2022 
San Francisco, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: think or swim
Trading: option

Hi Mike

Thanks for allowing me to join. I am a beginner in trading options. I am looking forward to learning more about trading.

Thanked by:
crazyguy
White Mountains, NH

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 8

Hello, I retired from healthcare after being laid off when our hospital was taken over and new administration wanted to get rid of the older experienced administration and managers. I have been making an attempt to trade for money for 5-6 years, but so far have lost a good deal of my retirement money. I get my butt kicked too often for large amounts with futures, usually after making several small gains and when volatility gets crazy and got kicked many times over past trump tweets and other news. I've been working on fine tuning and discipline. I'm going back to sim for now. Problem is, I often do quite well with sim. I joined to help me become a more disciplined non-revengeful successful trader. I trade mini's and micros, options and stocks.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts