NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,230 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

gbalderas
Orlando, FL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Glad to be here and will learn from all of you.

I started trading by taking a few "classes" penny stocks, then options, then futures. I have a full time job, and think options make more sense to me however I do enjoy the futures and being done at the end of the day.

I have recently come across TPO and volume profile and see the genius in that, that is how I found this site.

Happy New Year!

Gilbert in Florida

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
dashriprock37
Aberdeen Scotland

Thanks Given: 18

Hi All

Just wanted to say hello to you all. I follow the 3 Eminis using MTPredictor

Best wishes and good trading to you all.

GC.

Thanked by:
eyemboutit
Los Angeles, California

Thanks Given: 2

Hey traders,

I'm a beginning trader with some formal trading education but little experience in the markets. I started learning about the forex markets, and have since been attracted to futures. I prefer to learn and paper trade instead of hopping right into the markets and develop bad habits

I want to build a strong educational foundation, construct a clear and concise trade plan, connect with more experienced traders, and hopefully find a mentor.

Sending good vibes to all traders working to better themselves - Jonathan

M1sterD
Panama Panama

Hello everyone!
I am new to futures. Happy to be here to learn and share.

Thanked by:
 idevbridge 
Washington DC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 3

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the platform and wanted to send out a quick intro.

I'm an option trader turned algo trader. I've studied finance and trading for some time, and my greatest lesson is tat the real word barely resembles the text books! I'm really interested in improving my algo system and ideally finding a way to automate options hedging. I look forward to connecting with you all on the platform!

WB

Thanked by:
 dio889 
Lille France

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, MT4
Broker: AMP, ICM

Hello,

I m Thierry from france.
i trade only since 1 year (forex)
i 'm here for trade Futures and i think i need lot of HOURS for learn.
In France trading is not populaire as US and it's very hard find community as here.
My english is very bad (don't use translator) but i think my english is better your french then please don"t say my english is bad

bondbuddy
madison,wisconsin,usa

Thanks for the welcome.Just here to absorb some advice and most important "wisdom"...
Bondbuddy

Thanked by:
StormTrader
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 2

Thanks for having me Mike. I found this site by accident, but have found it helpful in reviewing some companies and products.

About me- Placed my first trade in a penny stock in 1999. Lost that $2K quick! Picked up options and traded those almost exclusively for the next 20 years. Made a lot of money and lost more, so I can't say I'm successful from a monetary perspective, but I have sure learned a lot and had some real moments in the sun that have convinced me this is the way I want to make a living.

Switched to futures a little over a year ago because of Joe Rokop over at Simpler Trading and discovering these "funding" companies exist. Since then I have been using these "funding" companies to work my skills. I use the term "funded" in quotes only to communicate I'm aware its still a simulated account, not to disparage them. I have earned a few "funded" accounts (and blew those) but have earned a couple more just recently, so we will see if I can be successful with those as in my evaluations. Progress id forward moving, and I feel like I'm on the cusp of cracking the code (which is me- not the market!). The goal is to pull 25K out of one of these and start back in the real game, while continuing to build those up. I think its quite an amazing opportunity these companies provide if one can be successful at trading.

Again, thanks for having me and I look forward to learning even more in here.

Thanked by:

casey44 
Louisville KY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: micros
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,040
Thanks Received: 311

idevbridge View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the platform and wanted to send out a quick intro.

I'm an option trader turned algo trader. I've studied finance and trading for some time, and my greatest lesson is tat the real word barely resembles the text books! I'm really interested in improving my algo system and ideally finding a way to automate options hedging. I look forward to connecting with you all on the platform!

WB

@idevbridge,....don't know if following is applicable, but fwiw, noticed this post today in "The Strat" facebook group, posted by a Justin Farmer "Exciting start to 2022 🥳! Tim Dunn and I have partnered up to bring you one of the best #TheStrat discord servers out there. Automated Intraday setups, live trading, education and more! ***********/Dm4Eh9w3Z8 "
(a ps edit: I see their discord link above does not appear to be fully loading, if so just go to the discord server entitled "Strattradeideas", that's Tim Dunn's.

Might also find the "tradeunafraid" platform of interest

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 DisciplineEF 
New York, NY

Experience: None
Platform: NT8

Hi Big Mike!

Thanks for creating this forum and allowing me to join. I am as new to trading as a new born baby is to the world. I was introduced to this life after a friend convinced me to join a community that offered a trading bot. After spending a few grand we learned that the bot was trash and fortunately we got our money back. Unfortunately we had already began to pursue prop funding because the bot creator and community leader recommended it. Needless to say we have lost more money than we could have imagined and have wanted to quit many many times. We should never have been trying to get funded at our experience level. We would have been better of with a demo account and some training.

You would think that with the clarity I have now I would have quit trying to get funded but I'm too stubborn and I believe in the possibilities. I don't know if I'll make it as a trader but I know that I don't want to look back in a year and regret not giving it a shot.

Thanks again for having me,

DisciplineEF

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts