NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,246,603 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

buyeey 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tradestation
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks for the kind words, George.

I've really enjoyed your previous contributions~

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

ParryManta 
Winnipeg, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts, SQX
Broker: Interactive Brokers, Questrade
Trading: Futures, Options

Hello All,

I'm a carpenter and wannabe trader in Canada with a couple years of options trades under my belt.
I'm developing an algo portfolio in MultiCharts/IB and was attracted to this page while searching for Pivot Point strategies in PowerLanguage, I'd like to test this as a regime change classifier.
I also use StrategyQuantX to generate ideas and backtest strategies.

Favorite recent book: Algorithmic Short Selling with Python, Laurent Bernut

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,508
Thanks Received: 15,428

Welcome, @ParryManta!

MasterChief
Los Angeles, CA

Hey everyone,

Like many others on this forum, I blew a couple of accounts before I started making any real money. Im here to both learn and discuss new and familiar topics regarding trading or investing as a whole. I hope to learn and connect with you all that i can, excited to be part of this forum.

Thank you,
MasterChief

gdwitt
bethesda, md

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

I am very frustrated with futures.io. I have significant experience and interest in automated trading systems and the best brokerages for them. I have been get DM's from elite members about my experiences. But the brokerage section, possibly the most important spot here, is locked to elite.

I can't comment on my experiences with C2, ISystems and Striker because that is locked.

I can't reply to messages asking about my experiences with these systems and the corresponding brokers.

I am frustrated with the site and may not come back.

Yoni770
Miami, FL

Thanks for letting me join the community. I am a newbie trader. This forum saved me from potential buying an expensive software after reading posts from more experience traders that these indicators are mostly free. Almost got scammed. Looking forward to grow with this community. Thanks.

Thanked by:
 graci117 
Washington DC

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView,
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 4

I am an intermediate trader but struggle with emotions. I just signed up for Apex trading. We'll see how it goes

Marmeladov 
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi all and a thank you to the owners of this forum for having such a great place.

I am a intraday trader looking to explore ideas and strategies in various topics and this seems like a perfect place to get some inspiration.

ThommyGunz
Fresno,California

Hello everyone! This is my 1st attempt at what I see to be a real community of traders. I feel like I will be welcomed here with any and all inquiries. Thank you for making this possible and I hope that I can give back as I am sure that I will find what I'm looking for here. As soon as I can get the funds to become a elite member I will do that. But for now I'm broke and trying to find a way to get funded for a challenge so that I can start making a decent income for myself and my family. It is my hope that I will find a strategy that I will understand and give me an edge in the Market. Until then I give my sincere thanks to everyone here for there gift of knowledge on there trading edge with these Crazy markets. Thanks!

Thanked by:
dantraderr
Toronto ON

Thanks Given: 0

Hello, wonderful community you have here! My name is Dan, I am from Toronto and I am a complete noob at futures trading. I just opened up an account at Interactive Brokers and I will focus my efforts on trading the MES.

It has been a rewarding and frustrating experience for me at the same time, I have had winning days and loosing days, I'm 30 days into the game and sitting at 10% drawdown so far. Just recently switched from TWS to Sierra Chart and have been reading lots about order flow and volume profile charting, my performance has improved since then. What I'm struggling with most is that I get stopped out of my setups right before the trade goes in my favor, I have had times where it literally touches my stop by 1 tick and then goes in my favor like they knew the stop was there.

Anyways I'm trying my best to not blow up my account like 95% of people who get into this game. Can anyone recommend any good reading material for a noob like me? That would be much appreciated! I look forward to being a part of the community here!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts