NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,963 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,184,596 views
    2. thumb_up 11,973 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

blenderking 
Baltimore

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB, TOS
Trading: ES, ZN, FX
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Well hello everyone. I don't remember how I found Mike's blog - perhaps linked from the Ninja board. Anyway, I did find the Supertrend thread there and that opened my eyes a lot. I struggle at times in anticipating trades, rather than waiting for the setup to actually appear. By combining supertrend, (which I believe is Wilder's Volatility System) with my setups, I'm improving my probability of trading in the right direction.

As for my introduction. I've been involved in the markets in some capacity for awhile. When I was 15, I was a broker's assistant after school. Just clerical stuff - making copies of Value Line and Standard and Poor's reports for clients - this is all pre-internet of course. I worked many years at a mutual fund company (not in money management though) and now I trade on my own account. I trade primarily two things: ES Futures and selling option premium.

Dan

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to blenderking for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
67 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
48 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
47 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

nanobiotech 
Brisbane, Australia

Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 134
Thanks Received: 430

Hi Mike and everyone

Mike this forum is an innovation that I greatly appreciate and I wish it well as it should benefit myself and other struggling traders who are searching for financial success.

I guess this thread is about introductions, so here goes.

I am New Zealand born and have lived in Australia for most of my life and presently live in Brisbane, which enjoys a balmy sub-tropical climate. For example today is a typical sunny winters day with a temperature high of around 22C (72F). I am a PhD medical virologist by training and for the first 20 years of my career working in hospital-based pathology labs and finally became Director of a large virus diagnostic service in the Hunter Valley, a region known for great beaches and wineries north of Sydney. For the past 13 years I have been VP and CEO of biotechnology companies in Brisbane, and stepped aside from this last year. At the present time I am a founder of a new company focused on aquaponics (combining hydroponic crop production and fish farming) using innovative technologies and systems, and we are presently preparing the business model and assembling a technical advisory board of international experts.

My "hobbies" at present are creative writing, I have completed my first novel and I am preparing plot lines for my second; and trading. The former is just an interest as I love to write about biotechnology and it was an easy progression for me to write biotech thrillers; my goal in trading is to create a new revenue stream.

My trading buddy is my eldest son Jamie who reintroduced me to trading last year (I dabbled in trading about 15 years ago without success), and I expect Jamie will soon join the forum. It's important to have a trading buddy close at hand that understands the trading mindset, and provide positive reinforcement, as otherwise the trader operates in a sea of skepticism from family and friends who think you are crazy. This forum provides a lifeboat of trading buddies to assist traders to sail across this sea with growing confidence.

We trade the ES, NQ, FESX and even the EMD (very low volume). Our present trading system is NT, using the VMAZones, the DoubleMA, ECO2New2 and RSqueeze indicators. We have Mike to thank for most of these. We also like the ChannelThis indicator, another that Mike released. Like many others I love to experiment with auto trading systems. Many years ago I was an active software designer for laboratory reporting systems, so fiddling with NT code is of interest, but I am definitely an amateur these days.

Cheers,
Graeme

The following 5 users say Thank You to nanobiotech for this post:
BigDog
Chicago

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 17

Hey all,

Mike, my regards to you in setting up this forum!

A little about me...

In my past life I used to work in the defense industry after I finished my first MS degree in EE... worked for 2 yrs, went to school again for another MS degree in FE... and then started work in the hedge fund world... have now started up on my own and am loving it... tried using a few different retail platforms and have settled on Ninja Trader...

RodS 
Indy

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E,TF,YM,NQ
Thanks Given: 435
Thanks Received: 66

Hi All,

Thanks Mike for the forum. This looks like it will be a great resource for all traders.

I am three months new to trading futures. Midwestern middle aged man looking to build my retirement acct and give me the freedom to do what I can for my family and my community.

Yes I have already blown out one account so far. I am currently back to sim trading and doing better but it is sooo much easier to stay in a trade or even pull the trigger when there is nothing on the line.

I am looking forward to what this forum has to offer.

Market: ES
Software: NinjaTrader
Programing: None

Rod

The following 2 users say Thank You to RodS for this post:
 kydave 
Kentucky

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 4

Thanks for starting this blog, Big Mike. A trading acquaintance (Thom) pointed me in your direction only a few weeks ago. It will be good to continue reading other ideas about trading.

The following user says Thank You to kydave for this post:
 gwaco 
Spokane, Wa

Experience: Beginner
Trading: etf's
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks Mike for this forum.
I use to trade ES but have not done well so have stuck with etf's for the past year. Hoping to learn from this site and get back to trading futures. Just set up Ninjatrader and found Mike site during my research.

Thanks
Greg

The following user says Thank You to gwaco for this post:

jdfagan 
Pacifica, CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: AmiBroker, TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Broker: Options House
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 44

Thanks Mike for your blog and this forum

I am a programmer by trade (Computer Science grad from RIT in 1994). I've worked in various industries (software consulting, defense contractors, environmental, internet, banking).

I started trading stocks on/off as a hobby since 1998. I took a number years break from this hobby after blowing up my account after 2000 crash. Started again in 2005 with stocks and options but didn't succeed there. Have moved on to futures in past couple of years and now working on 100% automated trading systems (with the occasional manual trades needed to sync systems up after downed connections, etc.).

Look forward to learning from this community and helping out where I can.

JD

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to jdfagan for this post:
jmac
Australia

Thanks Received: 2

Mike thanks so much for the great place to shares info & ideas.
I have been trading for the past 18 years with a couple of accounts blown to shreds, now much more disciplined & using my own very defined plan for some years now.
Principally a CCI trader with my own variations.
A Scalper at heart.
Regards from Australia
John

The following user says Thank You to jmac for this post:
foxfox
Italy

Thanks Received: 5

Hi,

I subscribe in this forum because I want to make money with us !! I trade wiht Ninja Trader with my own strategy for 1 month with a positive result. I would to be share strategy, indicators and other in order to make money !!! Many Tanks

The following 2 users say Thank You to foxfox for this post:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,143
Thanks Received: 101,476

foxfox View Post
Hi,

I subscribe in this forum because I want to make money with us !! I trade wiht Ninja Trader with my own strategy for 1 month with a positive result. I would to be share strategy, indicators and other in order to make money !!! Many Tanks

Welcome foxfox!

Looking forward to your contributions on the site. It's like pay-it-forward, when you help someone in the end you yourself will be helped.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts