NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,240,388 views
    2. thumb_up 12,006 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

dojirock 
Saint Joseph, Michigan

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Indices, Futures, Forex
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Im glad to finally have some time to become part of the community.
-doji

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
kiongozi
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

New in this community, been on crypto for several years but new to futures. Hoping to learn from more experienced futures traders.
Regards

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

blackgrey45 
Marco Island, FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP Global
Trading: MCL ES MES M6E MGC
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 874
Thanks Received: 908

Hi, Im Tom.

I am 34 and started trading at 20 years old. It was my second year in college when i started trading. Started out in stocks trading the SPY and inverse SP500 etf's. Discovered futures and when i was 22 i opened my first futures account with 3k. I traded the ES back in 2010. I blew up my account and quit futures but kept trading stocks and currencies back when FXCM was still around.

I rediscovered futures in Early 2022 and opened an account with Infinity with 5k funded.

I like to trade Micro Oil Futures and Micro ES. Looking forward to learning about this exciting arena.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Andray 
Akron, Ohio

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradovate
Trading: NQ Futures
Thanks Given: 4

Hello, I'm Andray.

I began my trading experience using options as my trading vehicle in college. It gave me first hand experience regarding the dangers of leverage, but it also gave me a taste of how profitable it can be. I was a very speculative trader and was lucky to had made it out slightly above breaking even.

I took some time away from trading to work as an electrical engineer in the field of radiation technologies before a friend offered me a position as a forex trader. I ended up declining the job, but still received a small bit of training. I was still a speculative trader, but learned some risk management skills.

Recently, I found Futures as a trading vehicle and decided to blow up several accounts to prove to myself I am a winner.

I am hoping to improve my risk management and get away from being such a speculative trader. I currently trade MNQ using TPO Charts.

Thanked by:
machdragon
Vancouver, Canada

Hi I'm machdragon,

I've been trading for a few years now, started out in mostly discretionary trading with Large Cap Equities, Options, and some Futures and Crypto on the side. Over the last couple years I've gotten more involved with the quantative side as I finished up my degree and decided to put my learning into practice. I was a contributor to Numerai, a crowdsourced machine learning hedge fund startup, modeling a problem in ranking long short equity against a portfolio optimizer for ideally market neutral returns. I enjoy building out tools and indicators, to simplify and automate my own trading processes, which others have found useful as I've shared them on ThinkorSwim and Tradingview. Currently I am a quant developer for an energy/capital markets firm specializing in risk visualization, modeling and hedging portfolios for clients.

I've picked up trading futures again as work has gotten a bit busy to do much else. I usually trade ES around US market open and close, just before work and while I'm on lunch. Started off trading NQ, learning from another experienced trader, but has been too volatile for my tastes as of late. Recently switched over to using Ninjatrader and discovered this site while looking for resources for writing scripts. Would love to share them here when they are ready for production.

Thanked by:
TraderTom01
New York, NY

Hello, I am TraderTom01.

I started trading futures since March of 2016. Before that was just doing some casual stock trading. Since then has been in and out of trading futures. Recently trying to pick up where I left off and discovered this future.io community. Currently only trading MES as it is is good for practicing with small account size. Also trying to learn some scripting via NinjaTrader scripts.

Thanked by:
cubictrader
San Francisco, CA

Thanks Given: 1

My intro - brief:

I am an old Lady with a background in sales, engineering and software support. I have 2 disabled adult children who I am supporting. One I live with, the other lives with his family. I have been studying trading for many years, and am very stubborn about it - really since 1999 or thereabouts. Back then I heard of something called the "January effect." That was buying in December and exiting about Mid January. So I did that - and - was astonished to see how much my account went up and down and up and down. I knew nothing about charting. But that convinced me that there was likely some way to leverage that movement and profit from it.

That was the start of my long journey. Fast forward 24 years - I have blown several accounts, for many thousands of dollars. Now - however - I use a combination of products from four different providers - including Volume Profile, Market Structure, Measured Moves and Fibonacci (auto). I have learned risk management after being slapped around quite a bit - and that you take stop losses in order to be profitable!

I trade right at market open, after some technical analysis that includes pre-market data as well as of course by definition - prior day's data. I try to avoid unlikely trades by looking for Support & Resistance - but otherwise trade in what I have determined to be the likely direction - right out of the gates.

I work on getting profitable for the day - and then quit - after the initial move stalls or reverses. I am working on adding an "Initial Balance" reversal trade to my mix of trade types.

I use a "playbook" - that is based on backtesting trade ideas - and I both pre-plan my initial trade as well as use a trading log (based on Excel) - that includes my results as well as what I call the "Ideal Trades" of the morning. I strive every day to get closer to those "Ideal Trades" - and it is my intention to get as close as possible.

I see that you messaged me Mike - thank you for your welcome. I may not be here often - but I will drop by and look around more. To be clear - I don't understand, yet - if there is something here that I can benefit from, or not.

Tommi.

Thanked by:
 Dannemand   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 6

Hello Big Mike, and everyone.

I saw this site mentioned on the TradeStation forum where I've been moderately active for many years (same username). Very impressive site here!

I've been trading since 2002, fulltime since 2009. I mostly daytrade futures around the opening hour 8-11am, usually always flat after that. Occasionally I'll put on options swing trades in the afternoon: SPXW spreads and occasionally stock options when setups are there.

I did OTA classes back in 2009 and trade a form of multi-timeframe supply/demand zones, which is a mix of Seiden and Wyckoff, but mostly my own. I don't user other indicators, although not opposed to them.

I originally traded just ES, NQ, YM, but later added a few commodities, currencies, 10-year. I wrote TradeStation tools some years ago to scan for supply/demand setups in RadarScreen and highlight potential trades coming up, which has allowed me to monitor far more markets for potential setups that I could do manually.

I am kind of a lonely wolf when it comes to my own trading, but do like working with other traders, particularly regarding the supply/demand methodology and options strategies, and have helped and coached a few others.

Glad to be here

- Dannemand

Thanked by:
astroJohn
Nagpur

Thanks Given: 3

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this wonderful and informative traders forum, though need to move a lot to be in elite group.

As a part of my username says, "astro", I am little bit astrology oriented. Not a day trader, ya, but 1 or 2 trades
based on certain astro principles which I had developed.

Regards
astroJohn

Thanked by:
zhaosunday
jersey city,NJ, US

Thanks Given: 1

Thanks Mike for the forum.
I found this forum by searching MC indicator, hope I can learn something new here.
regards

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts