NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Ganymed 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 386
Thanks Received: 30

Hi ,
I’m Heinz from Switzerland. I have been trading for many years succesfully Futures with MTPredictor and since 1year FOREX with the MAX Trading System (M=Momentum, A= Acceleration, X= Exit), a very powerful Tradingconcept fpr FOREX Trading.
A BIG Thank for Mike and his Forum, it's one of the BEST for Ninjatrader's.
Good trading to you all I hope to meet up in the forum.
Heinz
See now from my Tradingroom the beautiful Lake of Zurich and the Swiss Montains on the horizon

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
dspruill
Cary NC

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Mike & All,

Have been trading a couple of hours each day for about one year and have now found my way to the Futures ES its really great to find a web site like yours were people can help other people and all have the oppurtunity to make money.

Looking forward to Learning and Sharing with All.

Dale

Thanked by:

CDesai13 
NA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: IRT
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 18

Hello All,

New to the forum but I've been trading stocks based on fundamentals alone for about 6-7 years... started when I was in college. I've recently started trading more frequently in equities and futures. I found this blog during months of research online and time spent reading everything i could get my hands on.

I now mostly trade equities on a 120 min chart (which works well with my day job as an equity analyst) and have recently been scalping CL and 6E futures in my spare time at work.

Looking to broaden my knowledge base and hopefully share some as well...

-C

Thanked by:

deltason 
Memphis, Tennessee

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,613
Thanks Received: 122

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to Big Mike for starting and maintaining this forum and to all the contributors here. I've learned a lot from many of you already. My introduction to trading came about 3 years ago and I became "serious" about it 2 years ago (I put serious in quotes because there's more I can do to take it seriously like keeping a journal, etc.). I've learned by reading books, sending emails, going to seminars, buying courses, watching videos, participating in threads, watching the screen, etc. What a journey it's been! I can only imagine the great things in store for the future.

I focus on the S&P emini futures and primarily look to enter trades in the direction of the trend using price, volume, multiple timeframes and a few non-correlated tools as a guide. My style is mostly discretionary but I'm putting some rules into a trading plan I can follow. I'm also working to improve my house-keeping (journaling and debriefing) and the position sizing, money management, and trading psychology parts as well. For those interested, I just started reading The Sedona Method and using Trading Mind Software.

I'm very thankful for the traders I've come across so far that have generously shared their wisdom and expertise and I look forward to being an active member of this community as we make profit, learn, grow, share, and have fun together.

Take care.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Eric
UK, Dorset

Thanks Received: 2

Hello

I have been part time trading since Feb 2008 and in February 2009 switched to full time trading.

Took a few courses with FXCM and a week course with "On Line Trading Academy" then joined up with the "The Trading Authority" I could not recommended "On Line Trading Academy" or "The Trading Authority" to any one. Both being expensive. "The Trading Authority" whilst being good at the Trade Management and Physiological aspect of trading.

The trend following system "The Trading Authority" pushes (TaTi) I found not to be profitable and also destroyed my trading mind set. The TaTi consisted of trade recommendations being placed on the chart in the form of strikes Short/Long S1, S2 S3 or L1,L2,L3 on an 89 tick chart With a 50 pip stop loss. Then waiting for the two targets to be met. The targets are 8% and 11% of the 7 day ATR. With a 50 pip stop loss. The reward ration is totally in reverse of what I would expect.

Works well in high volume periods but in low and medium activity a trade could be waiting to complete for hours. In low and medium activity I found I was buying the tops and selling the bottoms. The tick chart hid this from the traders.

Then the Stop and Reverse signals when you were given these 2 /3 times in a row at 30 pip loss each time I could make 150 pips then lose the lot or worse in a short spell.

My average pip win was 19 pips and the average pip loss was 29 pips with an efficiency of 45% I think you can do the maths. I never went live despite spending months testing the TaTi.

It still leaves me shivering.

I now have developed a simple trading Strategy based on the MACD and a couple of moving averages with a higher time frame chart as a filter. With no preconceived targets. Target is based on price action.

Does any one have experince of Volume Spread Analyst?

I am only glad that I found Big Mikes Trading Blog site.

Eric

Thanked by:

mrticks 
Dublin, Ireland.

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Multicharts, Open Source various
Trading: FDAX, cable/yen, FX, options on commodities
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 10

Hello to all!

Fell into trading 3 years ago with options on futures. After losing half my account last year I switched gears to risk management and account protection with vast improvements! I trade equities, futures and options on both. I also trade accounts for family and friends now.

My goal in the next 6 months is to run 3 automated trading systems via NinjaTrader on the eminis along side my existing EOD and swing trading methods.

I am based in Dublin, Ireland. Feel free to drop me a line with comments/thoughts/ideas/suggestions.

Happy trading,

Gavin.

Thanked by:

lynmark1 
SoFla

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: Ninja Trader/CQG
Trading: e-mini equities
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 5

I have been ful time trading my own account for over 5 years now and really appreciate this blog. I am finding that no matter how good or bad you are at trading that it is helpful to share the ups and downs with other that have experienced the same experiences. I hope that my mistakes and observations will help those starting out. Thanks again fo all you do.

Thanked by:
 dwaters 
Lafayette, LA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futuress/Zen-Fire

Hi Mike,

I have been trading on and off for a couple of years mainly the emini, I use NT as my platform. I'm looking to fine tune my Fundimentals as a trader. I'm currently taking Dr Barry Burns Foundation course and find it very helpful.

dw

Thanked by:
redwoood
Toronto

Thanks Given: 1

Hi,

I'm from Toronto, Canada and found this place through the ninjatrader forums. Much less 'noisy' here if you know what I mean.
I've been trading on and off for dozen years now, but never with 100% commitment and/or full-time. I'm planning on changing that within the next few months, but I need to concentrate on finishing an entirely unrelated project first.
So until then, I hope you forgive me for mainly lurking here on the forums...

Redwoood

Thanked by:
jake28787
asheville,nc

Thanks Received: 2

Hi all
been trading full time since 1982 ,some years better than others..strictly a day trader scalper..always learning something new..this forem has helped me in numerous ways...
thks to all
jake

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts