NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,803 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

ready2trade
Tampa, FL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks for the forum Mike, hello fellow traders,

I am a software engineer by trade, I started trading many years ago as a hobby at at some point I also had some clients that wanted me to code systems for them. I was really intrigued with trading with systems and algos but never got the time to get into it.
Now I am nearing retirement and I would love to learn and create my own trading systems and trade stocks and futures full time. Starting cautiously and slowly to achieve my goals without blowing off all my money .

I love using Tradestation and also have an account and used TD Thinkorswim before.

I hope I can learn from everyone here and grow and hopefully be able to contribute in the future.

Thanks,

R2T

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
RooRoo11
saint john, new brunswick, canada

Thanks Received: 3

Hello everyone, [and thank you Big Mike for maintaining this site]...long time lurker, brand new poster and *relatively new** futures trader venturing out into the universe after doing what many of my peers have done i.e. blown up an account...I hope to learn and avoid mistakes in the future. I come from medicine background.

Thank you xD

Thanked by:
ArmaTrader97
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks Received: 3

Hi Mike thank you for this post and I want say hi all members!

I am Arma beginner/average option trader which want share his option trading journey and meet people which are in this business to educate and help each other.

Thanked by:
 BBAbility 
Manchester, United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

Hello Everyone,

I am a complete Rookie to futures trading. I have been studying with some systems and indicators, but I would like to take things forward by learning to trade with micros.
I am hoping to get educated and support from this community to help me in this journey and hopefully I be able to pay this forward by helping those who would come after me.

Thanks everyone.

BBAbility.

Thanked by:
Portrait Hit Man
Minneapolis, MN

former professional bond trader for a big bank.

made a big change after 12ish years and now do something completely different but trade ES, NQ and sometimes TY/FV.

enjoy long walks on the beach, drum circles and kombucha. just kidding.

Thanked by:

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 739
Thanks Received: 563

Hi All,

I found the forum a couple of days back, and today had the time to take a closer look after querying the internet about a NinjaTrader indicator I was (thank god) doing some due diligence on, which in turn led me back here. This is the first place that I found people talking about trading in way that is not hyperbolic, but practical. I am sure that I am not alone, that there are those here and out there in the wilderness that one day got wise to the fact that there is money to be made from retail trading and so started a pursuit to find out how its done. I have learned a lot, not enough to constantly profitable, so I struggle on. I have bisected the width and breadth of the internet searching for how to trade. There are a LOT of people out there that would sell you the answer, or a strategy, or an indicator. to date the money that I have spent on these things has not made me profitable. That's not say that there aren't some reputable vendors out there, but I have yet to find them. I know that one day I will be profitable. I do have a trade plan, I do practice risk management, but still working on strategy. At this point If I just could honor my stop loss and trust my trades I most likely would be well on my way.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and gleaning whatever wisdom I might. Mabey in time I too will become wise to the ways of the market and will one day be able to share something that helps another trader down this tumultuous road.

Thank you all for sharing,
Michael

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
tponce
Topeka, KS, USA

Hello,
I have been trading the Emini S&P on the NinjaTrader platform for a year now. I have gone through countless hours of YouTube videos to try and find a consistent Intraday trading strategy with no success. I am currently testing a Renko charting strategy utilizing Supply and Demand zones (Not really doing so well yet). I joined the forum to try and gain insight and hopefully improve my trading. I am a DBA working 7am to 3:30pm M-F so I don't stare at charts all day, but I do glance at the charts throughout the day.

Glad to be here!

Thanked by:
 andyprm70 
Columbus, NJ

Hi Mike appreciate adding me to this group.

Hi All, this is Andy from NJ. Joined this group about a week back to get integrated to a trading community and start learning through connecting with all of you.

I started my trading education back in April 2019 from Online Trading Academy paying almost $26K for their course in NJ on Futures. I didn't knew anything about trading before that. Got hooked up in Futures trading.
Signed up in Tradestation with $500 and then withdrew from my IRA savings to trade thinking I will be able to pay it back in few months if I trade in discipline.

I still recall that afternoon. My day job is I am Cybersecurity consultant. Probably around Aug or Sept 2019, I started my trading early morning and I have to fly to Texas in the afternoon. I put a bought Canadian Futures and right after buying in no time market start falling, and I waited thinking it will get back again, - waited and waited - I moved my trading session from my laptop to my mobile and started for Airport.
Every 15mins I was checking my trade while driving. It was kind of accumulation mode. I checked in and went to my gate - now it started falling. I was -ve $5000+ - before it was too late I had sell it in market before I blew up full account. Probably that was the severest shock that I recd during my trading tenure.

By end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 I blew up my account in Tradestation. I am still recovering from that shock but have been reading lot of trading books since then and also did lot of search of quality resources when I found futures.io.

Learnt from my mistakes but its hard to stay disciplined. Greed often comes in the way.

That's why I need this time a community to hand hold me I suppose to become more disciplined. With that hope I joined this group.
I am looking to make friends who would help me take mini steps, if you will, to get back into trading again. Need to get the confidence back. Would you please help? This is my first post after picking up the membership in this community.

Looking forward.

Thanks
Andy

Thanked by:
67belvedere
Indianapolis, IN

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 9

Big Mike,
I'm happy to be among fellow traders seeking to improve their skills. I started swing trading years ago then cashed out a large winning position to follow a day trading "mentor" I found in stocks and commodities mag in 2017 whose advice earned me negative six figures (but he always got paid first for his advice). I would still like to learn from someone who is consistently profitable, convinced that if I copy the habits of other successful traders I might improve my bottom line.

I like this adage: "there are old traders and there are bold traders but there are no old bold traders". Good luck everyone...

- Bel

Thanked by:
ali mir
bandare kangan / iran

Thank u

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts