NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,247,075 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

jhugg 
Seattle

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - CQG
Trading: Futures Indices
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 15

Hi Everyone,
I live in the US - Pacific Northwest. I heard about you folks from a friend and am glad to be here with you. I've been trading futures for a little over a year. I love trading. My goal is to earn a steady income and increase my retirement savings. Retirement is just around the corner for me. Last year I made six figures trading -- then lost all of it plus some. And I spent a small fortune on training, indicators, etc.
This year I've set a new course -- one with proper position sizing, trade management, etc. Over the past few months I have been backtesting, practicing in SIM, etc. to refine my manual trading plan. I start my live roll-out next week. I am also testing some ATS's. Ultimately I hope my trading will be mostly automated.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

r41866
Cypress Texas/USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi, Mike. Thank you so much for this forum!

I started trading 12 years ago but was never able to find a working strategy until I found the courses by Al Brooks and Mack. Now I want to trade Mack's strategy because his strategy is a simplified version of Al Brooks looks very profitable. Yet Mack's strategy requires extremely fast execution speed so now I am trying to do auto trade using Multicharts. I have a free version of Multicharts (it is legal. Believe me) but because of that, I cannot post questions in official Multicharts forum. Therefore, I hope to get some help here.

Thanked by:
tradeandbreathe
Manila, PH

Hi Everyone,

I'm a stock trader, trying to transition to futures. Looking forward to sharing and learning from the community.

Thanks, Big Mike for the welcome!

Thanked by:
Piedaddy11
Fort Collins CO

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

Hi all,

I have been trading for about 4 years. Tripled my account and lost it all. I am on the sidelines re-tooling. I am impressed with the work of Linda Raschke Bradford and want to learn more.

Thanked by:
NestorNG74
Denia, Spain

Hola to everyone! My name is Néstor, I am just staring to play )
with trading. It is funny and it works, I already lost 1600€ so it means somebody is earning money!
Thanks for the community.

Thanked by:
 Seanogey 
Sydney NSW/Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja 8
Broker: Philips Capital
Trading: Emini ES,NQ
Thanks Given: 2

Hi Mike et All,

Ive been trading about 15 months now and after 6 months learning Equities and doing badly I tried Forex and then for the past 6 months Eminis. I enjoy the MES and MNQ right now and want to get to a higher level.

Wasnt sure how to find some mates to learn from and contribute as I get better and stumbled upon this site and it seems good!

Looking forward to learning and contributing

Sean Og

Thanked by:
shaman786
Bangalore India

Thanks Given: 1

Hey guys, I have been investing for sometime now but I wanted to take this to the next level. So I want to learn more from this forum and hopefully take my investing and trading to the next level

Thanked by:

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

Piedaddy11 View Post
Hi all,

I have been trading for about 4 years. Tripled my account and lost it all. I am on the sidelines re-tooling. I am impressed with the work of Linda Raschke Bradford and want to learn more.

Welcome! I recommend reading Linda's book, Trading Sardines, which she self-published. It is full of trading wisdom, anecdotes, and encouragement, gleaned from her decades of trading.

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

Seanogey View Post
Hi Mike et All,

Ive been trading about 15 months now and after 6 months learning Equities and doing badly I tried Forex and then for the past 6 months Eminis. I enjoy the MES and MNQ right now and want to get to a higher level.

Wasnt sure how to find some mates to learn from and contribute as I get better and stumbled upon this site and it seems good!

Looking forward to learning and contributing

Sean Og

Welcome @Seanogey , you are in a great place. This is a very helpful community and mostly insulated from the outside forces of vendors trying to sell you stuff. Contribute, read, post, and ask questions. You will find people of all types and experience here.

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
ChsTiger
Charleston, SC USA

Good afternoon and thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I've been learning to trade for the last two years now. I started with Futures and really enjoy it. When the Pandemic hit I had to put trading on the backburner to homeschool my daughter. I resigned from my job of 9 years last month when our values no longer aligned, to put it mildly. So now I'm starting my new and hopefully final career. As such, I'm doing my best to treat this accordingly. I started off trading or at least charting a couple indexes, along with gold, oil and corn. But that was too much for me. I found myself spread too thin and I would miss trades because I was too busy looking at another chart. Therefore, I have since scaled way down to really focus only on gold and oil. I do my best to be a rules based, low risk, trend trader. I look forward to learning and sharing with this community. Thank you.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts