NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,647 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Oduma01
Oregon city

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

bullishbear View Post
Howdy All,

I'm here to say hello and introduce myself. I'm currently teaching myself EasyLanguage so that I can develop my strategy and learn more about technical analysis. I am always looking to learn from others so I thought I'd get out of lurker mode and come here and say hi. I've been using Multicharts for a few years but only recently started writing functions, indicators and strategies. I look forward to being part of the community.

Regards,

bullishbear

Would be nice to connect if you don’t mind .

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 ThemBones 
Chattanooga, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader; TD Ameritrade
Trading: Futures; Stocks
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 14

Greetings all,

I've been trading live since 2020. I've never blown up an account or lost my initial trading principle, but I did give back almost everything I made during 2020 (in 2020). Since then, I've traded now and again during 2021 making a few nickels here and there while focusing on my journey similar to Kwai Chang Caine. When I finish my quest, I plan to help others bypass the trading graveyard.

I am currently teaching myself C# programming.

Good day and Godspeed.

Monkey777
Dublin, Ireland

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone.

I am from Europe and have been always trading CFDs, for some reasons (I'll explain in some other threads) I decided to shift some of my trading to futures.

I have a lot of experience in CFDs, I have been having some exposure to futures lately and I soon realized it's a completely different game (it doesn't mean one is better than the other, they just work slightly differently!).

I hope to share nice insights and gain knowledge as well.

Happy trading everyone!

Thanked by:
 QuietBuyer77 

Hi everyone,

A trader wannabe here from Turkey. Cryptos got me hooked up so badly and now i am seriously thinking about doing is as a full time job. I am hoping to be self-sufficient enough to be able to make a living by trading. We will see Take care.

FredBell
Denver CO

Thanks Received: 5

Hello everyone,

As a short introduction here are a few words about myself:
51 years old / retired / 30 years experience writing software (Java/C#) for the capital market industry.
2 Years ago I started a journey to become on independent trader. Mainly using TradeStation and learning EL.
I am also using IB TWS and I am currently looking at NinjaTrader.
I started with the idea of trading stocks and ETF but I am now switching to trading futures.

I am very much struggling deciding which platform to use moving forward and would love to hear your perspective on this.

I am also looking for like minded traders in south of Denver interested in actively trading futures/stocks/etc... to talk shop and have a good time.
Send me a message if interested.

Regards,

FB

austros2 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, MT4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1

Hi there,

New member here.
I traded options, FX and moved onto future indexes.
Just installed NT8 and looking for some indicators.
This seems like a good place to start
Thanks for contributing to the traders community.

Cheers
Austros

Chyndonax
Chicago, IL

Thanks Received: 6

I enjoy learning to trade the indices. Currently still researching, very little live trading. I am 51, I have a bachelor's in nursing and work full time as a nurse. I'm also a vet. My goal is to be self sufficient in five years time.

hark33
East London,South Africa

Thanks Given: 14

Hi to all.
Thanks for the welcome Big Mike.I am trading futures, mainly indexes.
Moderate experience, blown some accounts, but getting some traction now.
Look forward to participating and contributing where i can.
Peace.

Thanked by:
 ErikFred02 
Shorewood, ILlinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Trade Station
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0

Hello fellow Traders, my name is Erik.

I’m new to this forum but not to trading. I started trading options back in the 90’s. I moved on to futures a little and rapidly blew up my account. I work in the Airline industry and lost my job (furloughed) for 3 years after 9/11. Ive got a college degree but the only thing it qualifies me for is flying airplanes, so when I found myself on the street, I knew I needed to develop a skill that I could fall back on. Ive always had a passion for the markets, but being furloughed with no income, I couldn’t afford to risk what little money I had on trading. I tried to get into the financial industry but without an applicable degree in finance or economics, and little experience as a trader, the only jobs I could have qualified for were sales jobs and I didn’t even have any sales experience. Fast forward to 2013, I managed to scratch some money together and I started trading the currency market. Being frustrated after waking up and seeing a currency pair move in my anticipated direction, without me having a position on, I started getting involved with automated systems on Ninjatrader. I am not a programmer though so I always had to pay someone to code my strategy ideas, and if it wasn’t right, or I came up with a better idea for entries and/or exits, I had to ask for, and pay for modifications. Also, sometimes when NT comes out with a newer version, I have to pay (again) my programmer to make my strategy/strategies compliant with the new version. I ended up losing interest in the hassles of automated strategies for a while.

This past 18 months with COVID and how hard most industries have been hit, I decided to get serious again. My goal is to be a successful trader, so that I never have to worry about my employment, when the black swan type global panic happens again, and also I do truly enjoy the markets. I opened an account with TradeStation last year and I’ve been learning easylanguage. I really like that I can code my own strategies, and then see them in action. I have a couple strategies under my belt. I made a mean reversion strategy that worked well most of the time on most futures contracts, but I just couldn’t get the risk/reward where I wanted it. So when a trend developed, or a pop occurred, and I had a position on, it would cost me quite a bit, or if my position was the same as the direction, I’d get closed out with only a small profit. I was using an ATR based trailing stop, which worked ok, but seemed to cancel my more restrictive stop loss after the first bar and during backtesting/optimization the trailing stop would be loose, which opened me up to much bigger losses than I was hoping to make with a profitable trade. (I need to better understand how stop losses are handled or prioritized). I’ve always felt that a strategy that has both trend following and counter trend components, both long and short, would be the holy grail of automated systems, and I just finished coding one over the weekend. It has a lot of promise, and with the same ATR trailing stop, it looks pretty profitable, but I think it could do much better with an initial tighter stop loss, a command to set break even once it moves in my favor, a trailing stop of some sort, and also a profit target. Im struggling to get those to work as I want right now.

That’s who I am and where I am at on my journey. I joined this forum to hopefully pick the brains of some traders more familiar with easylanguage, and hopefully help those less knowledgeable than myself. I’ll be putting together a post soon in the programming section (if there is one, I’m new here &#129315

Happy trading, everyone.

Erik

Tradechamp
Bellingham WA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 5

Hi all,
I am fairly inexperienced, but working to learn Ninja trade software and trade futures eventually as a consistently profitable trader.
I continue to learn and grow along with all of you. Here’s to success for all of us!
Tradechamp

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts