NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,748 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

coysurf 
CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, TS
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone,

I joined BikeMikeTrading to become a better trader. Apparently, everything I do will go against me. Indicators cannot save me from all the bad trades since I'm an ADD trader. I can never make it as a trader but it takes away my boredom. What I need is a trading shrink to change my losing trades into winners. Some of the things I do are trade at the news, buy high sell low, buy low sell lower, not consistency with one trading method, indecisive stop, trade on low volume, trade till lose, using martingale strategy and hoping to win it all back. If people would do opposite of what I do, they will be a successful trader.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

SageTrader
Durango

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I'm with coysurf. I must be his twin. That's why I am here at futures.io (formerly BMT). To learn to trade better.

Would
ar

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Hey guys I just figured I would post here and introduce myself I have posted a few things already but I just noticed this intro thread. My only focus is the ES mainly because I can only focus on that or I start losing focus and money. Besides, I figure if I can master the ES I can do anything! I just posted a blog that I started yesterday in the main area of this beginners area.

willyad 
canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tradestation
Broker: pfg
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 2

Hi All,
I am just a beginner in trading world, trying to educate myself. I am 67 years old and not very conversant with use of computers. This forum is great and had lot of information (which i read and forget next day).
When ever I visit forum, I see a line on TOP, you have not "contributed anything to commiunity". absolutely correct. A person who does not know abc of programming and market, I think he will be wasting precious time of active traders by his dumb questions.
I always believe in observing things and when appropriate, i do comment (they should be meaning ful and helpful to others.)
Mike I believe there is some place for old timers like me to stand in the corner, if you permit. thanks.

willy

Thanked by:
 Atlatl 
Fort Collins, CO

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Trading: ES
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 4

Hi,

I primarily trade futures and have traded for a few years. In the past the trades were in a variety of futures contracts and were held for multiple days. At the present time I primarily trade the S&P 500 emini futures contract with the positions exited by the end of the day.

My aim is to enhance my trading by continuing to improve my model of the market and the means to recognize when there is a positive expectation for entering a position (with an acceptable risk). I am also interested in the means for quantifying when the expectation for holding a position has diminished.

Consistent with those aims, I have developed indicators and systems to evaluate and quantify the historical performance of various trading concepts. Previously Tradestation was used for this evaluation, however, at the present time NinjaTrader is the preferred testing and trading platform.

I have developed and used enough systems to realize that few mechanical systems continue to work consistently over an extended period of time. It's like once the idea of a specific system becomes identified, others also identify the concepts of the system, and when the concepts become commonly known and used, the profit of trading the system almost always declines.

I think it is important to develop statistics for evaluating ones trading. If a trading methodology isn't working, it's probably better to diversify or quit trading it.

Atlatl

VMtrader
Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Hi All,

I'm happy to find this forum and look forward to finding some foolproof ways of making money
I primarily trade the ES and have done so for a few years at a few firms with a few platforms. Always looking for the latest and greatest of all (systems, strategies, platforms, etc.), but my trading is simple and I've not done too poorly, so I guess I can't complain too much. I guess that is kind of my motto; simple, simple, simple.

Vance

MotoMoto
Australia (ex UK)

Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 27

Good evening/morning/afternoon depending on your location.
I have been trading for many years, using a multiple of styles and methods, as a market maker and trader for 19 years in equities, options and futures. (that means nothing but it also implies possibly I have some sort of idea)
I have stumbled across this site and it looks interesting, informative and open minded.
From my experience there is more than one way to skin a cat and how you make money in a market is irrelevant....so long as you are making money. No one style is right/wrong or meaningless/meaningful.
On that point, I hope my contribution to the site is never to tell people how to make or loose money or how to succeed but more to raise questions, and offer any personal experiences (right or wrong) - devils advocate type.... if you like.
As trading is such a personal endeavor I believe that often sometimes the "Ah-Ha" moment can come from anywhere, and while many think its a matter of time, to me its a matter or perspective.
I hope to be positive, inquisitive, questioning and non-judgmental.
thank you for the opportunity/space to learn and I hope contribute.

Thanked by:
 blousetrader 
Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rightedge
Broker: IB
Trading: Corn
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi all,

thought it was high time I made a post and intoduced myself - thanks mike for the recent kick up the backside.
I'm an automated trader - using Rightedge - which is built up .NET technology for you programmers if your interested. Programming is my background and still my bread an butter but hopefully that will change as trading becomes more profitable. Been at it now for 2 years developing a few systems and finally gone live about six weeks ago with a commodities trading system - nicely in the black thank you

I've found this site most helpful and informative and indeed I've stolen a few ideas from some of the indicators to use in my system - thank you all for that.

I'd encourage any of you to check out Rightedge - it's a tremendous platform for building trading systems (if you can program)

Grantik
Abu Dhabi

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

Hi gang,

I am newbie to FOREX trading .. I have traded CFD's for a few years, and have made and lost enough to make anyone cry.

Lesson I learned - do not deviate from your trading plan ... I did and lost 6 figures in a day ....

FOREX holds great interest to me and in 2 years I hope to be doing it full time ... thats my plan ... learn learn learn, test test test and then execute.

I hope to learn a lot in this forum and HOPE to be able to contribute as I learn and become more experienced

Thanks Mike - love your efforts that enables us to share

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

blousetrader View Post
I'd encourage any of you to check out Rightedge - it's a tremendous platform for building trading systems (if you can program)

You should create a new thread in Platforms area to discuss this, could be many interested people

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts